Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beyond Combat

dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

So, what MMOs are there where combat is not the focus of the game? This is similar to this thread, except I'm not simply looking for MMOs that have more than combat; I'm looking for those games where combat is a side note at most. In most games, combat is the primary focus, with everything else being side dishes - I'm looking for the reverse of that.

Off the top of my head, the only games that I can think of that meet this criteria are A Tale in the Desert and Second Life. Possibly Mabinogi and Free Realms. Definitely not Vanguard, Eve, LotRO, etc.

Any suggestions?

<3

Comments

• MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313

Amnesia

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

You could check out Xsyon, not sure if anyone is still playing it however.  Combat was always pretty terrible, but they have been working on it for a while.  The game is a crafter and builder's dream.  The main problem however is that beyond just building and crafting for the sake of it, there was no reason to do it.

In the same vein you could check out Wurm online.  It's got poor graphics/animations and it's java based, but it's deep, got great crafting and building and I believe there is a decent sized community behind the game. 

• russ1struss1st Member Posts: 47

The Sims :)

• axylfyreaxylfyre Member Posts: 33

Greetings from "that other thread."  Amnesia is actually a horror game released last year.  Is that the game you were referring to earlier? or really having amnesia? Because both could be fun ^^

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 24,731

In Uncharted Waters Online, I probably spend less than 5% of my time either in combat, on the way to combat, looking for combat, trying to organize a group for combat, or anything to that effect.  You can spend the bulk of your time in combat-related activities, but you don't have to--and most people don't.