Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Call me crazy, but..

azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365

So, I had this idea today and I know a lot of people are going to absolutely hate it, absolutely positively despise this idea and I'm sure I'll get a lot of hate mail and the like however my idea is simple. Low level raids.

Yes, you read that correctly. I think, every 10 levels or so, there should be a small 3-4 boss raid maybe a little more something simple that fits in with the lore but offers a difficulty level appropriate for that level group without being impossible unless you get a run through. Now to dissaude such run throughs I was also thinking..Make it impossible to enter beyond a certain level. So a level 10 could enter the level 10 one, but a level 20 couldn't. Maybe even offer a "heroic mode" as it were that would be the same raid scaled up to the max level similar to how a few of the old instances where given level 85 heroic versions in cataclysm.

There are a few reasons for this, it would make leveling funner as well as introducing newer players to the concept of raiding as well as introducing them to different mechanics as they go along, instead of reaching level 85 or 90 or whatever and suddenly having to learn all of these different raid mechanics that werent even in the game before then, they can learn them and get used to them while leveling. it would also make the "level lock" thing a bit more useful.

If you so choose, currently you can talk to an NPC and stop gaining experience on any toon, this is only used for twinking battlegrounds, if there were low level raids, this could give another reason to do that - I'm not saying people would but still.

the would, of course, be just barely above that of which is gained from running instances at the appropriate level - We don't need level 30s running around in gear better then any level 40 greens or anything.

Playing
Nothing
waiting for
The secret world
Played
WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

Comments

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846

You're crazy.

Leveling is so fast that the experience gained and gear obtained would not worth the time invested.

Not to mention, all the griefing that would obviously be present.

If people are serious about raiding then to learn raid mechanics they can do the LFR version of the raid, read strategies, watch videos and ask the guild for advice.

• dpcollier128dpcollier128 Member Posts: 38

It's an... interesting idea, and it does help new players learn, but WoW's too old for it. Blizzard's not going to do anything like this. They had a chance to for Cataclysm, but they didn't take that chance. Besides, like another poster said, the leveling goes too quick for anyone to even care about content of this type. Hell, I even doubt anyone runs lvl 60 or 70 raids anymore unless it's for achievements and kool transmogs; it's not really made for leveling and the gear gets replaced in just 2-4 levels, if that, by the next expansion's basic questing gear.

I don't hate the idea. It's just not a plausible one.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

they actually do have low level raids. at arround level 60 there is one in teh Burning Steppes (can't remember the name), also Kara in the Deadwind Pass was one of the most awesome level 60 raid of the old Vanilla world. so many great memories in Kara..... level 70 has many raids in the Burning Crusades as well as that new blood elf area they added in BC (again can't remember the name).

there are loads of raids at level 80 in Northrands.

the first 50 levels go by so damn quick these days there is absolutely no point in making raids for them.

WoW has a TON of content but even with all those level 60, 70, 80 raids nobody does them anymore because everyone is rushing to level cap all the time.

Originally posted by Jakdstripper
    also Kara in the Deadwind Pass was one of the most awesome level 60 raid of the old Vanilla world. so many great memories in Kara..... 
    Im not going to say it. Someone else take this.
  • azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365
    Originally posted by Xiaoki, read strategies, watch videos and ask the guild for advice.

Why should they have to? I understand that its the "standard", but I believe everything should be able to be learned IN THE GAME if its included in the game. Why should I, as a paying customer, have to spend even more time and effort outside of the game just to play it?

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501
    Originally posted by azrael466

So, I had this idea today and I know a lot of people are going to absolutely hate it, absolutely positively despise this idea and I'm sure I'll get a lot of hate mail and the like however my idea is simple. Low level raids.

Yes, you read that correctly. I think, every 10 levels or so, there should be a small 3-4 boss raid maybe a little more something simple that fits in with the lore but offers a difficulty level appropriate for that level group without being impossible unless you get a run through. Now to dissaude such run throughs I was also thinking..Make it impossible to enter beyond a certain level. So a level 10 could enter the level 10 one, but a level 20 couldn't. Maybe even offer a "heroic mode" as it were that would be the same raid scaled up to the max level similar to how a few of the old instances where given level 85 heroic versions in cataclysm.

There are a few reasons for this, it would make leveling funner as well as introducing newer players to the concept of raiding as well as introducing them to different mechanics as they go along, instead of reaching level 85 or 90 or whatever and suddenly having to learn all of these different raid mechanics that werent even in the game before then, they can learn them and get used to them while leveling. it would also make the "level lock" thing a bit more useful.

If you so choose, currently you can talk to an NPC and stop gaining experience on any toon, this is only used for twinking battlegrounds, if there were low level raids, this could give another reason to do that - I'm not saying people would but still.

the would, of course, be just barely above that of which is gained from running instances at the appropriate level - We don't need level 30s running around in gear better then any level 40 greens or anything.

Yaw Dawg!

I heard you like Raiding, so we put more Raiding in your Raiding game so you can Raid while Raiding!

:D

Jokes aside, this is a nice idea! :)

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

Originally posted by Xiaoki, read strategies, watch videos and ask the guild for advice.
    Why should they have to? I understand that its the "standard", but I believe everything should be able to be learned IN THE GAME if its included in the game. Why should I, as a paying customer, have to spend even more time and effort outside of the game just to play it?

Do you really need some kind of step by step tutorial on how to do raid bosses at the click of a button in game?

Also, you as a paying customer, are not being barred from playing the game due to your willful ignorance of the raid boss encounters. You can play the game all you want without any knowledge whatsoever of any of the raids.

Like I said before(which you left out when you quoted my post) is that people who are serious about raiding will do what they can to learn. Other people will complain that its too hard.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

So, I had this idea today and I know a lot of people are going to absolutely hate it, absolutely positively despise this idea and I'm sure I'll get a lot of hate mail and the like however my idea is simple. Low level raids.Yes, you read that correctly. I think, every 10 levels or so, there should be a small 3-4 boss raid maybe a little more something simple that fits in with the lore but offers a difficulty level appropriate for that level group without being impossible unless you get a run through. Now to dissaude such run throughs I was also thinking..Make it impossible to enter beyond a certain level. So a level 10 could enter the level 10 one, but a level 20 couldn't. Maybe even offer a "heroic mode" as it were that would be the same raid scaled up to the max level similar to how a few of the old instances where given level 85 heroic versions in cataclysm.There are a few reasons for this, it would make leveling funner as well as introducing newer players to the concept of raiding as well as introducing them to different mechanics as they go along, instead of reaching level 85 or 90 or whatever and suddenly having to learn all of these different raid mechanics that werent even in the game before then, they can learn them and get used to them while leveling. it would also make the "level lock" thing a bit more useful.If you so choose, currently you can talk to an NPC and stop gaining experience on any toon, this is only used for twinking battlegrounds, if there were low level raids, this could give another reason to do that - I'm not saying people would but still. the would, of course, be just barely above that of which is gained from running instances at the appropriate level - We don't need level 30s running around in gear better then any level 40 greens or anything.

This would work with a instance range system like Aion, in conjunction with xp off system of wow.

Rewards would last you 5-10 levels, or scale.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by Xiaoki

Do you really need some kind of step by step tutorial on how to do raid bosses at the click of a button in game?

Also, you as a paying customer, are not being barred from playing the game due to your willful ignorance of the raid boss encounters. You can play the game all you want without any knowledge whatsoever of any of the raids.

Like I said before(which you left out when you quoted my post) is that people who are serious about raiding will do what they can to learn. Other people will complain that its too hard.

I never said I needed it, and currently I do whatever I can to learn raid encounters. My question, is WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO SPEND HALF AN HOUR ON YOUTUBE WATCHING THE ENCOUNTERS JUST TO GET INTO A RAID? Raids are a HUGE step up from heroic dungeons, just because you can steamroll heroics doesn't mean you're ready for raids at ALL because of the gap in difficulty and the learning curve.

Heres an idea, stop treating the game like a job and expecting people to do research. Everything should be learned in game.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Know what i miss in WoW?

Raids that were as difficult as normal dungeons.

Like the old ten manning of scholo or 10+ man Ubrs runs.

The dungeons weren't hard at all but they were fun.

They were more of a social thing.

I know everyone in WoW at endgame is so serious. its all about gear score and Dps rotation on a dummy, min maxing spec and gear...

It would be nice to have something that people could do for fun that didnt require everyone to be so serious all the time.

Anyway OP it was a cool idea.

Oh and whoever said Karazhan was a 60 raid it was level 70 entry level 10 man.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Heres an idea, stop treating the game like a job and expecting people to do research. Everything should be learned in game.
    Everything CAN be learned in game.

Do the raid and figure out the boss strategies with your own brain.

Originally posted by Xiaoki

Everything CAN be learned in game.

Do the raid and figure out the boss strategies with your own brain.

The problem with that, is theres nothing to teach of the new tactics and things you'll have to know that're the different from normal instances. Raids aren't just heroics with more people and if you "figure out the boss strategies with your own brain" you won't even be able to get into raids.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played