Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monday morning, 10am - 3% online . . .

GuinUKGuinUK Member Posts: 9

I resubscribed to NC for 3 days and I had missed it a lot. The gfx still are not great and I synched bugged regularly (a problem from beta).

One thing is not in doubt by anyone who played NC and experienced an Op fight. This is the best PvP EVER in any MMO, and still is. Full twitch gaming with nicely balanced classes (except PE) made for a great game.

However 1% is 10 people, and when I logged in earlier there were 3% online. 30 people. Tragic.

It doesn't matter how uber the PvP is, at the end of the day you have to find someone to shoot, otherwise you are pulling teeth. The saddest thing was that at 3% it was the fullest server, with the german server boasting 2% and the French showed 0%. Seriously, less than 10 people on the server.

Neocron still takes a lot of beating, but sadly I have drawn the conclusion of everyone else, it is spewing blood and it is only a matter of time . . .

Goodbye Neocron

Comments

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

not sure why neocron still has a section on mmorpg.com, its clearly dead and buried.

• BronenekBronenek Member Posts: 240

This is a real shame to be honest. This had to be one of my best MMORPGs I have ever played.

For me tho, ever since the release of Neocron 2, the game has gone downhill. Neocron 1 was so much better. The new models look horrible imo. I wish they could bring it back, but it wouldn't make sense "downgrading" a game. I real shame ::::16::

• BillingsBillings Member Posts: 18

look at the bright side, if it dies maybe someone will buy it and fix it!

• fisch0rfisch0r Member Posts: 30
    MH dead. Really? Why are 21%on mars 17% on terra 8% on mercury and 1% on pandora then?

Life is a bad MMORPG.
    But with good Graphics 0_0

Its dead buried and is decomposing as we speak. Can we finally remove neocron from mmorpg.com? I dont see how a game with less players then an average sized CS server can be called a mmorpg.

• fisch0rfisch0r Member Posts: 30
    Oh, ive never seen a CS server with 210 Players. Im sorry for you that Neocron doesnt have 10000 or more players, but stop talking shit you fool and go back to WoW.

Life is a bad MMORPG.
    But with good Graphics 0_0

• VenerableDVenerableD Member Posts: 41
    I can't remember ever seeing Neocron with more than 500 people on a server, so 200 people is hardly terrible. It plays fine with 150-200 players per server (some would say better), so long as Reakktor can pay their bills on that player base then I don't see why there is so much fuss.

Originally posted by fisch0r
    Oh, ive never seen a CS server with 210 Players. Im sorry for you that Neocron doesnt have 10000 or more players, but stop talking shit you fool and go back to WoW.

Why are you sorry for me? I wouldnt play necron if they so payed me to. I dont play wow, im just making a factual observation. Neocron is waist deep in quicksand, why fight it? Its only a matter of time before this game pulls an "Earth and Beyond". ::::02::

• ezzaezza Member Posts: 88

Originally posted by VenerableD
    I can't remember ever seeing Neocron with more than 500 people on a server, so 200 people is hardly terrible. It plays fine with 150-200 players per server (some would say better), so long as Reakktor can pay their bills on that player base then I don't see why there is so much fuss.

ya but when the community is so small, the diffrence between having 200 at peak and having 500 at peak is massive.

i quit NC about 3 or 4 months ago, and the place was a ghost town, many of the same bugs in NC2 as NC1, many things introduced in NC2 that make playing with such a small community a pain in the ass like the trading thing with each faction having items of there own. works great with massive populus, but when you log on to 100 people trying to get what you want is nigh on impossible.

ive been playing WoW for a while now, did say i wasnt going to play it due to not being a fan of elves, however  that game really made me see how bad NC is.

the idea was great but its been squandered.

it would take a mirracle for me to return to NC now.

i remember once(during NC1) i said id be one of the last people playing this game when they turn the servers off, however the things KK have done with the game changed that ideal so much.

i stuck around longer than most of the whiny vets but NC2 never really felt right.

they should of sorted NC1 out instead of trying to make something else which is equally unfinished.

most stuck around cos it was a quality idea KK had, but really they never acted on the great ideas.

im sorry to say but im really glad ive left, shame for the many people i met over my time in NC, apart from the select few who inhabit furious-angels.com dont see many of them.

• Dirk_GentlyDirk_Gently Member Posts: 193

There were lots of little niggles with the game, balance - bugs etc but that was never really enough to make me leave. The progressive move further and further towards the game being a griefers paradise was what finally sent me away, KK always listened to the tiny hardcore element whining about 'carebears' rather than the vast majority who wanted a sensible compromise that everyone could enjoy. All they had to do when NC2 was released was have a full on PvP server and make a few changes on one of the other servers (like making LEd runners able to have LE clans), then there is a lot less whinging and more time to fix the bugs.

If you want your MMO to have a large playerbase who stick around for a long time then you need to make it so that the players can play the game how THEY want. Forcing them to open themselves up to PvP just so they can share access to an apartment was never going to work. I will never understand why on the release of NC2 they didn't have hardcore PvP server, a roleplaying server, a carebear server and an NC1 rules server, rather than segregating the playerbase by nationality and getting rid of most of the safezones on all of the servers.

A good wife deserves more than half the praise, just as a bad one deserves more than half the blame. - Tacitus

• eprodigyeprodigy Member Posts: 25

the population on the main english server is during the day always around 200, weekends up to 250. late off peak can go down to 50 but more commonly 60-80. the game is entirely enjoyable and playable at these populations though no one would complain for more. yeah its obviously not great.

the population is actually rising, a lot of older players have left; but ive never seen so many brand new players in the game since... early in NC1's days..

i feel more like a fanboy everytime i make one of these posts; but fans need to be represented here not just disgruntled ex-veteran players.

• -FN--FN- Member Posts: 65

Originally posted by eprodigy
    i feel more like a fanboy everytime i make one of these posts; but fans need to be represented here not just disgruntled ex-veteran players.

Amen. So many of the posters here are here only because they're no longer NC customers, and as such, can sound off on the Official NC forums - so here they are.

The populations have slowly been on the rise, I talk with numerous legit noobs each day, fight in a number of OP battles each week, and generally enjoy every hour spent in-game :)