Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new/returning player question

svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

I left wow just a little while before lich king released.  Im thinking of coming back for MoP, but Im wondering what it will take in terms of catching up - expansion wise.  Will it all come included with MoP or are they required?  

I think my original wow account was hacked and stolen about a year after I left so I may need to rebuy the original too unless its included.  I know I could call them and maybe retrieve it, but its been so long and I dont even have the original CC card # so I probably wont bother.

Comments

• dorugudorugu Member UncommonPosts: 184

got no clue there sorry but i guess it shuld suffice w mop(but if not yull need wrath,cataclysm if yu have burning crusade)

best way wuld b 2 ask on the official forum about it

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

Im not allowed to post on the official forum until I sub.  And I dont have BC.  I will probably start from scratch, even though I used to own vanilla.

• hpy7871hpy7871 Member Posts: 14
    I would try to get you old account and find someone to send a sroll of reserection you will get cata expansion free
  • MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313

if you are worried about catching up with gear,  don't. all the hours people spent grinding gear goes to waste when an xpac hits.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

Scenario 1) You get back your old account (Contact Blizzard support) and get someone to send you a Scroll of Ressurection.

You will get Cata added to your account for free so when MoP comes out, you can just buy that.

Scenario 2) Buy WoW Battle Chest, Wotlk, Cata and MoP... and cry on the many many many dollars/euros you had to pay.

Scenario 3) Hope Blizzard comes to their senses and release some new battle chest with all expansions up to MoP, then buy that and MoP.

Scenario 3 is a wish. 1 and 2 are factual.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Volkmar

Scenario 1) You get back your old account (Contact Blizzard support) and get someone to send you a Scroll of Ressurection.

You will get Cata added to your account for free so when MoP comes out, you can just buy that.

Scenario 2) Buy WoW Battle Chest, Wotlk, Cata and MoP... and cry on the many many many dollars/euros you had to pay.

Scenario 3) Hope Blizzard comes to their senses and release some new battle chest with all expansions up to MoP, then buy that and MoP.

Scenario 3 is a wish. 1 and 2 are factual.

Actually, a couple months ago Blizzard had all WoW expacs on sale on battle.net. You could buy all expacs with 50% or so discount. Was a good deal actually.

But yeah... with the scroll of resurrection at the moment.... nothing beats that lol.

• kitkat700kitkat700 Member Posts: 12

sorry for the loss man. damn those hackers.

try contacting blizzard and see what happens. maybe they'll give you discount if you'll purchase another one.

Got a response to my ticket, and it was a real one - not a form letter.  He told me the best thing would be to call in to try to recover.  However Ive called twice today (morning and afternoon) and the support line says "busy, please call back".  I may end up just blowing $20 to upgrade the trial account then try to get the scroll for the rest.

• DerivativeDerivative Member UncommonPosts: 85

You can't upgrade the trial account and get a scroll of resurrection, im pretty sure your account had to be inactive since before March 1st of this year for the scroll to be eligible to you.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by svann

Got a response to my ticket, and it was a real one - not a form letter.  He told me the best thing would be to call in to try to recover.  However Ive called twice today (morning and afternoon) and the support line says "busy, please call back".  I may end up just blowing $20 to upgrade the trial account then try to get the scroll for the rest.

You should be able to get the account back easily, if you have the serial for your vanailla box. And you don't need to call them, just mail customer support, and they'll handle it.

I stopped playing shortly after WotLK, and roughly a year and a half later, I decided to resub. It turned out that my account had been hacked several months earlier, and was under someone else's control. But since I could provide the vanilla serial key, I got it back the day after I mailed them the serial. To my huge surprise, almost everything was intact, the only noteworthy difference was that my hunter was naked, and had a different pet...

Btw, just looked through the SoR FAQ. If someone resurrects you, you'll only need to buy MoP when it's out, no previous expansion. Here's a quote:

The Scroll’s recipient immediately receives a FREE digital upgrade all the way to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Additionally, the Scroll’s receiver can permanently boost one character to level 80 so that they can jump straight into the adventure for their 7 days of FREE game time!

http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/scroll-of-resurrection-faq 

And, as someone said: you can only resurrect your old account. This will NOT work if you start all over.

Originally posted by Netspook
    Originally posted by svann

You should be able to get the account back easily, if you have the serial for your vanailla box. And you don't need to call them, just mail customer support, and they'll handle it.

I stopped playing shortly after WotLK, and roughly a year and a half later, I decided to resub. It turned out that my account had been hacked several months earlier, and was under someone else's control. But since I could provide the vanilla serial key, I got it back the day after I mailed them the serial. To my huge surprise, almost everything was intact, the only noteworthy difference was that my hunter was naked, and had a different pet...

Btw, just looked through the SoR FAQ. If someone resurrects you, you'll only need to buy MoP when it's out, no previous expansion. Here's a quote:

The Scroll’s recipient immediately receives a FREE digital upgrade all the way to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Additionally, the Scroll’s receiver can permanently boost one character to level 80 so that they can jump straight into the adventure for their 7 days of FREE game time!

http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/scroll-of-resurrection-faq 

And, as someone said: you can only resurrect your old account. This will NOT work if you start all over.

Thanks.  I hadnt even thought about the box.  I still have my CE box.   Everything except manual.  Should be a SN somewhere in there.

edit:

Happy Ending.  Called support early and got through.  Got my account back.  They didnt actually say, but I think maybe it wasnt on my battlenet account because that was before they had people move to battlenet.  CS was extremely professional and helpful.