Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allods has leap-frogged itself into a really good place

13»

Comments

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Hi, Ok I'll start by saying that I believe you when you say your not form the, "company" I believe you when you say you’re just a new found player who has fallen in luv with the game, I know I've been in those shoes with this game as well, played an Orc called Blaxjager guild master of the MISFITZ Guild,( it died out a while ago) on the nebez,( sum'thin called like that) server, played up to level 46 for the empire, luved playing it still log in now and then just to check up, can't even remember why I stopped playing, might even come back soon-ish,
                                      but I think you may have got one thing wrong about the game and that would be the runes, the runes at low level are not that expensive or for that matter that important, but when you get up to the higher levels of the game I think you will find them to be very expensive, I would like it if you went back to their site and read up and asked more about how the runes work and  their cost, then come back and tell me how much it would cost you to raise your runes to level 7 runes or higher if you like.
  • BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by Luxurious

I think I should start a new MMORPG.com account, then praise the holy ground that Hello Kitty Online Island Adventure walks upon.  I mean, that game is simply amazing and wonderful!

The difference would be, you'd be a lying sack of shit, where I was being genuine. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a hello kitty mmo if such a game even exists, I'm just saying, by proxy of your own point, you'd be lying, and you can't compare that to what I'm doing here, because I think Allods is truly a pleasure, and I have every reason to think that, because of my experience.

Bear in mind, I'm only level 18, I mean, someone suggested "let's see where you are at level 35", and that's a fair observation. But as of this writing, I love it. Does that mean I should be logged in and playing instead of typing here? Who the fuck came up with that rule?

Now now!  No need to be a hypocrite!  Hello Kitty Online Adventure really does exist, and there are a plethora of cute Asain girls that really do believe it's amazing and wonderful!  Who are you to refute my claims?  Such vulgar negativity!  My Goodness!

• LuxuriousLuxurious Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by redcap036
    Hi, Ok I'll start by saying that I believe you when you say your not form the, "company" I believe you when you say you’re just a new found player who has fallen in luv with the game, I know I've been in those shoes with this game as well, played an Orc called Blaxjager guild master of the MISFITZ Guild,( it died out a while ago) on the nebez,( sum'thin called like that) server, played up to level 46 for the empire, luved playing it still log in now and then just to check up, can't even remember why I stopped playing, might even come back soon-ish,
                                      but I think you may have got one thing wrong about the game and that would be the runes, the runes at low level are not that expensive or for that matter that important, but when you get up to the higher levels of the game I think you will find them to be very expensive, I would like it if you went back to their site and read up and asked more about how the runes and how they work and cost, then come back and tell me how much it would cost you to raise your runes to level 7 runes or higher if you like.

Hey Red. Wow, this post is like an oasis, compared to the rest. Hey, maybe I'm wrong and Allods is a money sink for runes toward end game, I will look into it and post my findings here. Admittedly, I've only got my runes up to level 3, and I can see where either further sums of money or gold farming would be needed to create higher level runes. I don't want to come across like money is no issue to me, obviously it's always an issue even when you have lots of it, but I really don't feel bothered by the cash shop, it feels like "investments" rather than being saddled by a subscription. I think it actually adds to the flavor of the game, as ridiculous as that might sound. I mean, when you buy a mount, it's something you paid for... it's like a possession, it lends it more weight then a drop in a dungeon, etc. Do you know what I mean?

Originally posted by BartDaCat

Now now!  No need to be a hypocrite!  Hello Kitty Online Adventure really does exist, and there are a plethora of cute Asain girls that really do believe it's amazing and wonderful!  Who are you to refute my claims?  Such vulgar negativity!  My Goodness!

No hypocrosy here, I didn't know it existed. I'm happy you know about it. Like I said, if you came on genuinely excited, and had something to offer regarding the game's merits, then you'd be comparable to me, in this context. But you didn't, and you don't, and you're not.

By the way, I have a lot of lesbian friends who swear by Hello Kitty related products (hats, lunch pails, etc.), so "cute asian girls" will have to make room for large, chain-smoking, ass-kicking dykes in the Hello Kitty Universe. 

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Originally posted by Luxurious
                                      but I think you may have got one thing wrong about the game and that would be the runes, the runes at low level are not that expensive or for that matter that important, but when you get up to the higher levels of the game I think you will find them to be very expensive, I would like it if you went back to their site and read up and asked more about how the runes and how they work and cost, then come back and tell me how much it would cost you to raise your runes to level 7 runes or higher if you like.

Hey Red. Wow, this post is like an oasis, compared to the rest. Hey, maybe I'm wrong and Allods is a money sink for runes toward end game, I will look into it and post my findings here. Admittedly, I've only got my runes up to level 3, and I can see where either further sums of money or gold farming would be needed to create higher level runes. I don't want to come across like money is no issue to me, obviously it's always an issue even when you have lots of it, but I really don't feel bothered by the cash shop, it feels like "investments" rather than being saddled by a subscription. I think it actually adds to the flavor of the game, as ridiculous as that might sound. I mean, when you buy a mount, it's something you paid for... it's like a possession, it lends it more weight then a drop in a dungeon, etc. Do you know what I mean?

Most of the cash shop is fine and just sells normal stuff at normal prices, but the runes in the long run get very exspensive and you do need them to be competative in this game, other wise you will just get wiped in PvP everytime, (starts about level 20 or so) i stopped playing when my mates gave up, which was a pity becuase I have a full battleship upgraded and all ready to go, all I need is a good crew that are willing to setup a voice channel, ( pity your one of them leguer's) if you change sides let me know.

Most of the cash shop is fine and just sells normal stuff at normal prices, but the runes in the long run get very exspensive and you do need them to be competative in this game, other wise you will just get wiped in PvP everytime, (starts about level 20 or so) i stopped playing when my mates gave up, which was a pity becuase I have a full battleship upgraded and all ready to go, all I need is a good crew that are willing to setup a voice channel, ( pity your one of them leguer's) if you change sides let me know.

Well, at 100%+ experience, I'll probably hit 20 next time I log in, and I guess I'll learn the hard way. But plenty of people have made it to end game, and as far as I can tell, the end game stuff just looks totally awesome. Massive battleships duking it out in the astral plane? Yes please. As far as changing sides goes... movement mechanics are pure gold to me in an MMO, and the gibberlings have a kind of fluidity that melts me;  I just love the way they "handle".  I tried to level a mele healer (Arisen) on your side of the moon, but I just couldn't stick with it. The gibberlings saved Allods for me, to a degree. Of course, that'll matter little when I'm commanding a battleship. 

I might roll in and say hi, however. Thanks for the feedback. 

I stand corrected, it is on the expensive side to max out runes. I had used math based on my level, but the numbers build exponentially toward end game. I suggested earlier that it would cost less than paying for a year's subscription to WoW, but it would cost more. It's certainly not a game killer for me, but I did want to indicate that I didn't know what I was talking about in my earlier posts regarding costs. 

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

This game has auto-move?

So you get a quest and you press a button and your character auto walks there.. I mean WTF that in itself destroys the game.

From what i remember as well the classes where race locked? again fail..

Other than that it played a lot like WOW.. and for me thats another fail..

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Is Allods still P2W? While you could play just fine until about L30 and never touch the cash shop, post then you would need to buy Incense and materials to make the enchantment runes or you really couldn't  compete.

Some of the mechanics were fun, but the costs ($) to keep a char in top form were simply ungodly. Calculated on day that the cost to make a single L10 rune would run to around $1200 for 95% chance build.

• beerwigbeerwig Member Posts: 22

Is Allods still pay to win?

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Originally posted by WhiteCross

I actuallly appriciate Lux's comments about Allods.

I played Allods a couple yrs ago. It was fun, but really grindy at that time so I quit at level 19.

Anyway, so what is Lux like Allods...I think that's great. Allods would have already folded if there were not people like Lux enjoying it. If you disagree, no big deal, but don't hammer a dude for enjoying something you may not.

For a community that is suppose to be so elivated and liberal, you all sure seem very short sighted...typical democrats.

"elevated and liberal?...you mean "close minded and cynical" don't you?

• ushtvaushtva Member Posts: 7

Recently managed to make myself reach the max 51 lvl,the guiding star was ,hey end game there will be raids,dungeons,astral...But no ,when you do reach level 51 (after 2 months or so,grinding rep and such so you can progress in the game )your gear is to weak ,so you cant join groups for astral (mine was around level 47ish green gear) with guildies let alone pugs,and then you are left with nothing to do but grind battlegrounds for gear so you can proggres further into the game.Now you may say,that aint so bad,loots of games have that kind of bg /gear grind ,WRONG!Here s the thing,when you enter bg's as a newly max leveld player you are encountered with people that have A.Runes which boost their atacks B.Gear that is usualy of epic or legendary quality,my usual life span when fighting one of these players is hmm well about 0,1 sec and i did manage to have decent lvl 4-5 runes.But thats not all folks to get the battleground gear,you must reach the reputation level of Trusted with the faction ,now to get rep with you have to complete a so called Symbol of Victory ,which has a right side and a left side ,the right side you will get weekly from the quater master and as for the left side you get those buy killing players in pvp and wining bg's.By completing the two sides into one Symbol of Victory you get,guess what, 35 rep,now mind you as i mentoned previously you need to get Trusted reputation with the faction to get gear which is like 13500 rep!SO yeah they are still forcing you to use Cash Shop mainly to buy runes so you can hold out for another 0,001 milisec and reputation scrolls which boost your reputation gain by double.All in all without paying ,i dont see anyone managing to do anything in this game,which is quite sad since i for one loved the scenery,landscape and the class mehcanics in this game.

This discussion has been closed.