Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allods has leap-frogged itself into a really good place

Comments

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Its a good game at its core.

However youll soon realize the epic in game gold farming needed to convert gold into cash shop currency in order to exponentially combine runes.

Lack of runes will get you shunned come endgame.

http://allods-wiki.gpotato.com/wiki/Runes

100gpots per 1 dollar

for instance a level 11 rune would cost $1157.16 per and i think theres 6 rune slots...so yeah

Runes give a flat damage and defense % bonus so its vital for competative pvp.

This excludes all the deco stuff and utility/convienience cash shop items people want to spend money on.

Its the worst incarnation of the cash shop, and its gotten apparently a few hundred times better.

Yes you can farm the gold and make your own runes within reason, as its pretty hard to actually farm gold later on, theres a lot of gold sinks.

Would have been a devent F2P or a cash shop game that simply dropped a rune during raid boss fights or what have you, they are combined in an exponential fashion so you need tons to combine, and its not the actual rune but the stuff you need fromt he CS to combine them that gets you...also you need a TON of in game gold as well to do it...so remove that trash and make runes drops and keep the deco outfits hats wings and other stuff as cash shop..and this game isnt half bad.

Oh and its starting to show its age look wise...as much as people are clamoring for a game looking like another older game graphics wise...its crisper graphics but lacks modern graphic technology...and looks really cartoony ect.

You basically reach a pointin this game where you realize that your only going to be able to aquire the bare min runes for endgame in a reasonable amount of time (like 6-12 months of farming) and at that point you realize how much cash you have to fork over to compete for endgame group spots and pvp...and you either pay the 4-5 thousand dollars or you move on.  This is why the population is so very small.

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675

The only problem I hsve with Allods is it's too damn Russian.  For a fantasy world, everything is writtn in Russian, the music is painfully Russian.  All I can think of when playing the game is The Hunt For Red October.  Otherwise, not a bad game.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

I guess the best way to decide if he is a viral marketeer is to go try the game again and see if its really better.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

You joined just to post about Allods?  I'm sorry, but I don't see this as anything but dubious.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

So.. Do you still have to buy stuff from the cash shop everytime you get a death penalty?

>_>

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by Sorrow

I guess the best way to decide if he is a viral marketeer is to go try the game again and see if its really better.

Hmm... going to have to pass on this one.

It felt like a "WoW Clone" experience when I was playing it during beta, and from what I heard, the entire game is designed around the cash shop and the need to use it in order to progress, and my friends hated how dependent they felt on it. 

No thank you.

• kakkolakakkola Member Posts: 8

I've played this game some days ago it's still PAY TO WIN, the game itself sucks, moderators and managers are incompetent and the graphic really looks like in the 80s' lol

This guy is someone affiliated with the Allods staff because he and his friends are mad at me because I logged into Allods and I said the truth about it being P2W and dumb and all and I suggested GW2 as the best choice for everyone lol now I am glad they  got angry, suck on it! xD

finally we can stop playing these crap games GUILD WARS 2 FTW! BETA WEEKEND WAS AMAZING!

Cheers.

• LuxuriousLuxurious Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

You joined just to post about Allods?  I'm sorry, but I don't see this as anything but dubious.

How is it "dubious"?? You people are laughable!

Originally posted by kakkola

I've played this game some days ago it's still PAY TO WIN, the game itself sucks, moderators and managers are incompetent and the graphic really looks like in the 80s' lol

This guy is someone affiliated with the Allods staff because he and his friends are mad at me because I logged into Allods and I said the truth about it being P2W and dumb and all and I suggested GW2 as the best choice for everyone lol now I am glad they  got angry, suck on it! xD

finally we can stop playing these crap games GUILD WARS 2 FTW! BETA WEEKEND WAS AMAZING!

Cheers.

Jesus Christ, this entire thread is so fucking hilarious. First of all, I am not affiliated with Allods, I have no fucking clue who you are, and noone that I personally know even plays online games, let alone an obscure, un-advertised game like Allods. So you are a complete nutcase! LOL! 

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Ok. Just stop.

This whole thread is beyond hilarious and most OP post is.

Seriously this game is coming to it's finish and righfully so.

Not recommending it to anyone.

Also stop with GW2 sillyseness.

Originally posted by fenistil

Ok. Just stop.

This whole thread is beyond hilarious and most OP post is.

Seriously this game is coming to it's finish and righfully so.

Not recommending it to anyone.

Also stop with GW2 sillyseness.

-----

I hate to break the news to you, but there is nothing silly about me expressing excitment over a game I like and sharing my views of it. What's silly is that people would somehow come to the conclusion that I'm being paid to do it. Actually, it's not silly, it's utterly absurd, bordering on paranoid, anf further, there's nothing silly about me standing my ground when being accused of bullshitting for money. And given that Allods just released what I understand to be the most succesful upgrade in the game's history to date, I don't see how it's "coming to it's finish". You come across in your post like you're the voice of reason, but you're points (?) are weak bordering on non-existent, and what little I can cull from them is just flat out wrong.

Originally posted by Luxurious

Cheers.

Jesus Christ, this entire thread is so fucking hilarious. First of all, I am not affiliated with Allods, I have no fucking clue who you are, and noone that I personally know even plays online games, let alone an obscure, un-advertised game like Allods. So you are a complete nutcase! LOL! 

Nah!  You should just expect this kind of backlash for slinging praise for such a craptastic game that's totally based off generating LOTS of revenue from its cash shop.  But hey, your goal is accomplished, you have people discussing it, they're just not jumping up and down for joy like you wanted them to.

You can figure this guy's a fake already, he said he was going to play Allods but he's still here, that game must be a real crap if even its supporters don't try to play it.

Originally posted by BartDaCat

Cheers.

Nah!  You should just expect this kind of backlash for slinging praise for such a craptastic game that's totally based off generating LOTS of revenue from its cash shop.  But hey, your goal is accomplished, you have people discussing it, they're just not jumping up and down for joy like you wanted them to.

It's one thing to disagree with me on the merits (or lack thereof) of the game, but to suggest I'm in the pocket of the game makers is kind of going over the top. I don't have any expectation about "forum response", but frankly I'm kind of disappointed in the lack of originality, and certainly in the negativity. The fact is, I think Allods is the shit, and it's not like I'm coming off of rune quest or something (no offense to rq'ers); I mean, I'm a jaded WoW whore who has been kind of searching for that "first time" glow, and I'm just as shocked as the next mofo that I found it in Allods. Trust me, I'm shocked, but I can't deny it, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. You obviously have a very different view/experience of the game then I do. 

You can figure this guy's a fake already, he said he was going to play Allods but he's still here, that game must be a real crap if even its supporters don't try to play it.

Ha ha, I was just thinking that. But i did log in and play for about an hour. Sorry you think I'm fake man. 

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

lol an allods post .....isnt this game down to one server now ? and on its last leg? Gpotato games are expensive and well known to create drama on any site. I went back during the free mount stage about three weeks ago and I noticed they still did not bother to fix any of the core problems with the game. I did read they removed cursed items from death now so you do not have to buy that from the item shop any longer. Also who in there right mind would seriously spend 1000s of dollars on a in game item just so you can kill someone else in pvp? Anyone who does this I hope their spouse has them commited because wasting that much money on a digital item is insane. Also my gripes with Allods , ridiculous slow leveling speed made intentionally so you waste money on exp scrolls. Also the animations in combat are truely atrocious and you can tell this game is made my indie amateurs still in 3d modeling school. Just look at the hook points in combat on 3d avatars and you will see what I mean.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

I hate to break the news to you, but there is nothing silly about me expressing excitment over a game I like and sharing my views of it. What's silly is that people would somehow come to the conclusion that I'm being paid to do it. Actually, it's not silly, it's utterly absurd, bordering on paranoid, anf further, there's nothing silly about me standing my ground when being accused of bullshitting for money. And given that Allods just released what I understand to be the most succesful upgrade in the game's history to date, I don't see how it's "coming to it's finish". You come across in your post like you're the voice of reason, but you're points (?) are weak bordering on non-existent, and what little I can cull from them is just flat out wrong.

The game was a very mediocre themepark clone at best.  Add to that the ridiculously expensive "pay to win" cash shop, and the game gained a really bad reputation, which is well deserved.

Last week they merged the last two NA servers down to one (Yul) because of extremely low population on those servers.  I think this kind of evidence refutes the claims that the game is doing well.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Rohn

The game was a very mediocre themepark clone at best.  Add to that the ridiculously expensive "pay to win" cash shop, and the game gained a really bad reputation, which is well deserved.

Last week they merged the last two NA servers down to one (Yul) because of extremely low population on those servers.  I think this kind of evidence refutes the claims that the game is doing well.

also to throw in my two cents ....you have to buy a mount from the cash shop which is like 10 bucks or more. On top of that you have to feed the damn thing with cash shop feed to make the thing go faster......then it takes tons of feed just to make the damn thing even 30% faster then run speed.....seriously i think this game was designed by a labor union out of russia....

Ha ha, I was just thinking that. But i did log in and play for about an hour. Sorry you think I'm fake man. 

You are confirming what I said, the game is solid crap (not liquid because it's too old) and you played for an hour only that says it all, assuming what you say it's true, I think you didn't even start the game today.

Anyway it's so evident that Allods staff uses this guy or let's call him a "character" , one normal person wouldn't be so persistent on his exxagerated claims over a game, and with so many posts.

Just drop the argument and go back to where you came, you fail.

Obviously I disagree with your assesment regarding the quality of the game, what can I say. As far as the game dying, if that's really the case, it's a shame imo. It figures that I'd finally find "that game", only to discover it's sinking as I climb aboard. Oh well, if it is indeed dying, I'll ride it's glistening, violently shaking husk into the filthy sod. To me, the game feels vital and thriving, new, different. It's nothing like what it was when I tried it two years ago, so I just don't see it as "ending soon". I may be wrong, of course. 

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    Originally posted by Hokie

Should have ended with the-

"The post has been brought to you by the Allods marketing team, and the letter A."

Exactly! They didn't do a good job to pose as a player very well. The opening statements alone scream market team baiting .

You are confirming what I said, the game is solid crap (not liquid because it's too old) and you played for an hour only that says it all, assuming what you say it's true, I think you didn't even start the game today.

Anyway it's so evident that Allods staff uses this guy or let's call him a "character" , one normal person wouldn't be so persistent on his exxagerated claims over a game, and with so many posts.

Just drop the argument and go back to where you came, you fail.

"assuming what you say it's true, I think you didn't even start the game today."

Well I did. I logged on for an hour, knocked out some quests, mostly just bullshitted with my guild. 

I'm "persitent on my exxagerated(sic) claims"? Lol... listen man, have you ever been completely honest and known that what you were saying was true, and that your intentions were totally innocent, and  yet someone was upset with you because they "knew" you were lying, even though they were wrong? You have to laugh at their anger. Not to belittle them, but simply because you know you are being on the level. That's what's happening here. I can't help but laugh. I can't look away. This reaction is just interesting to me.

Originally posted by IAmMMO
    Originally posted by Hokie

Should have ended with the-

"The post has been brought to you by the Allods marketing team, and the letter A."

Exactly! They didn't do a good job to pose as a player very well. The opening statements alone scream market team baiting .

I think I should start a new MMORPG.com account, then praise the holy ground that Hello Kitty Online Island Adventure walks upon.  I mean, that game is simply amazing and wonderful!

I think I should start a new MMORPG.com account, then praise the holy ground that Hello Kitty Online Island Adventure walks upon.  I mean, that game is simply amazing and wonderful!

The difference would be, you'd be a lying sack of shit, where I was being genuine. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a hello kitty mmo if such a game even exists, I'm just saying, by proxy of your own point, you'd be lying, and you can't compare that to what I'm doing here, because I think Allods is truly a pleasure, and I have every reason to think that, because of my experience.

Bear in mind, I'm only level 18, I mean, someone suggested "let's see where you are at level 35", and that's a fair observation. But as of this writing, I love it. Does that mean I should be logged in and playing instead of typing here? Who the fuck came up with that rule?

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835

This thread delivers, thank you OP!

This discussion has been closed.