Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Storm Legion Preview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds recently announced the first Rift expansion, Storm Legion. During E3, we had the opportunity to check out Storm Legion and have a full report. Read on!

Storm Legion is the first expansion to the game Rift coming the end of 2012 and here are the bare facts of what players will get: A chronicle, two new continents, three raids, four additional souls, seven new dungeons, ten more levels. Dimensions (which is Rift's form of player housing) will go in game and so will capes which are not merely cosmetic and carry stat buffs.

Read more of Carolyn Koh's Rift Storm Legion Preview.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• alvaruzalvaruz Member UncommonPosts: 24

I want to resub badly now, but i am scared of what the state of RP in the game nowadays!

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    It doesn't seem like they plan on it but I hope they give some consideration to having a boxed CE. From the video I watched it sounds like this could be a digital download only. Looks great so far.
  • StormwindXStormwindX Member Posts: 168
    Originally posted by alvaruz

I want to resub badly now, but i am scared of what the state of RP in the game nowadays!

It wasn't THAT bad last time I logged in a couple months ago. There were people RPing all over Meridian and in the tent outside the city. Don't know how it's like Guardian side, but on Defiant side RP seemed to be alive and going.

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Quite a few people dont seem to like the RiFT art design but I've always like it and it's continued to improve since launch, Ember Isle is a pretty big step up from the original game in the art department. From what I've seen the new expansion will be no exception, simply cant wait to get my hands on it :)

• alvaruzalvaruz Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Originally posted by StormwindX
    Originally posted by alvaruz

It wasn't THAT bad last time I logged in a couple months ago. There were people RPing all over Meridian and in the tent outside the city. Don't know how it's like Guardian side, but on Defiant side RP seemed to be alive and going.

I think I may have to restart on the Defiant side than, it looks like there's only 3 RP guilds on the Guardian side and my lvl 50 toon is over there.

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

Rift has been a fun game for me, and this expac looks to add even more to the game, I'm looking forward to this release.

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316

I've just gone back to the game.  I rolled Defiant this time -- I'd played since launch on the Gaurdian side, but got burned out for a while after raiding heavily and leveling up alts, and took a break.  Seeing the world from the defiant side has really breathed new life into the game for me, I was really surprised.   

I've also been hyped about GW2 and have been playing the beta weekends for that, but I must say, seeing and playing the two side-by-side, I'm surprised to find myself equally interested in both games.  It seems like GW2 is going to fill a niche for me, but I don't think it will be the RIft replacement I really thought it would be.  Also it's just awesome that Trion is coming out with an expansion so I can (hopefully) keep myself interested in the longer run (Until Archeage come to NA!)

• pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183

re subbed around a week ago after hearing the announcment for the expansion. I am really enjoying my time back playing and look forward to the patch with the new Conquest addition. This expansion sounds and looks no less than amazing and am very confident that Trion will not let me, or any other Rift fan down.

• dolgran8dolgran8 Member Posts: 8

Insane quality and amount of content updates from the best devs and customer department of the online video game industry. Resubbing is on the way, can't wait for housing and Conquest mode in 1.9!

• WarbsWarbs Member Posts: 245

looks awesome, can see the demo from E3 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3qGWyxG1tw&feature=g-user-u

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

I can't wait for this expansion! I just got to lvl 50 so I'm going to get geared up for it :D

Smile

• misaerumisaeru Member Posts: 1

I return

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131
    ALVARUZ,
    I play on the EP server, and very little EP goes on. They don't enforce names either. Jellocup and tankkiller don't seem very rp.
    Beyond that the game is still awesome! Can't wait for the expansion!

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Only reason I have not resubbed alredy is that I'm still very happy with Swtor, but at first break I will need will return to Rift. And sure will be back in wow for pandas. .-) And then for some expansion of Swtor, ... and Rift, ... and ... Wow .... :-))

• Pin_CushionPin_Cushion Member UncommonPosts: 38

Didn't WoW already do the "Lost Civilization Guarded by Golems" thing a few years ago?