Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Item duping *video proof* - its over.

FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g61ivShO0yw

(not my video)

So after blizzard wanted to so badly protect from item duping, this happens. And this isn't the recent crafting roll backing crash glitch, this is actual duping.

EDIT: Apparently the video owner was playing a prank, the dupe isn't real.

Comments

• AlucardlbAlucardlb Member Posts: 83

THe top comment for the video calls out that this is a fake and the guy who posted the video even posts a response to that person more or less try to say " thanks for letting everyone in on the joke" at least thats how im reading into it.

• FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

Ah I see, I'll leave the video, but apparently it was some sort of prank.

• TorqiaTorqia Member UncommonPosts: 73

If that is fake, thats some real photoediting skills right there.. I wonder if he just says its fake to stop the vid from reaching blizz...

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Looks pretty real for a fake x.x

• TorqiaTorqia Member UncommonPosts: 73

Well aparently it was real enough... blizz has hotfixed the issue but they have no control over the items now curculating.

prices have droped big time on crazy loot.

Too bad really.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Now if only blizzard would get off their money grubbing asses and fix the session spoofing that keeps getting people hacked, happened to a friend of mine, was in a piblic game took a break came back a few hours later with everything on lv 60 char gone, he had a authencator too, so he wasn't hacked how its normally done with a user/pass.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• 32style32style Member UncommonPosts: 24

You guys are so easy to fool. You think this kind of editting works server side ? The moment he logs out, they are all gone. If he shows me duplicating those items and then logs out, and logs back in and they are still there, then it MAY be real.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Servers are now down due to an Asian item dupe bug.... ROFL!

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• Yeah, it's confirmed to be fake. Also no hotfix, since nothing needed fixing :)

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by Axxar

Yeah, it's confirmed to be fake. Also no hotfix, since nothing needed fixing :)

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/24672/Asia-Servers-Down-Due-to-Item-Duplication-Exploit

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Siveria

Now if only blizzard would get off their money grubbing asses and fix the session spoofing that keeps getting people hacked, happened to a friend of mine, was in a piblic game took a break came back a few hours later with everything on lv 60 char gone, he had a authencator too, so he wasn't hacked how its normally done with a user/pass.

Yep happened to friends of mine too. It's sad tho that people don't believe you when you tell them the truth. My friend had an authenticator too and it still didn't protect him, which led us to believe it was an inside job. Someone at Blizz is getting kickbacks from the gold farmers by helping them out. The proof is right there happening to people like our friends. Don't tell anyone on these forums tho. they might just tell you that you imagined the whole thing.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

seen on reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/uvyu6/diablo_iii_asian_server_item_duping/

[–]CerealCraft

I spoke with some sources and have confirmed that some forms of duping HAVE occurred in US and EU servers.

Here was one of the exploits.

The auction house clock is NOT server-sided. It is actually client-sided. Hence, you can turn back the clock to cancel your auction. However, you can take this further.

You had to sell an item. Collect the gold. Then, turn back your system clock to the time when you placed the auction. Your item will now be there again. You can cancel the auction and get the item back. You now have the gold and the item.

So having everything online did not even stop exploits. Things were still left client-sided.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Diablo-3-Auction-House-Gold-Duping-Exploit-Uncovered-by-Players-275046.shtml

Apparently, the whole exploit was showcased during a live Diablo 3 stream organized by some players, which quickly prompted others to try it out. After replicating the steps, many found themselves with millions upon millions of in-game gold in their accounts.

Blizzard Community Manager Bashiok has posted a few things on the Diablo 3 forums and said that while the exploit on the live stream was inconclusive, there was no real proof that shady things were going on.

“As far as we can tell the supposed exploit never worked, but we'll continue looking into it,” he said on the forums. “Yes, changing the system clock can change auction times, but that doesn’t dupe gold. It's pretty easy to see how much gold people have, and we have no indication anyone has/had that much.”

Blizzard will still investigate this potential exploit, according to the community manager.

• desirieldesiriel Member Posts: 98

Blizzy is now playing with Real Money AHs with a bugged product with bugged design. That is Real People and Real Money.

It's going to get bloody, expensive and ****** amusing.

Get your popcorn and see the city burn.