Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone else not playing fully

cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878

so thye dont get burnout, only t playing a bit to see the features.

i know i doint want burnout on this  yet

Comments

• VPgearchinVPgearchin Member Posts: 168

im on the same boat, im excited but at the same time taking it step by step.

• UsulDaNeriakUsulDaNeriak Member Posts: 640

i never play a game full, until i know, it is worth to be played full. still sceptical ...

played: Everquest I (6 years), EVE (3 years)
    months: EQII, Vanguard, Siedler Online, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2
    weeks: WoW, Shaiya, Darkfall, Florensia, Entropia, Aion, Lotro, Fallen Earth, Uncharted Waters
    days: DDO, RoM, FFXIV, STO, Atlantica, PotBS, Maestia, WAR, AoC, Gods&Heroes, Cultures, RIFT, Forsaken World, Allodds

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647

I'm doing the same. I'm avoiding playing all of the new map as I don't want to ruin anything else before launch. 

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

i also pick a race and class I have least interest in for beta

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

That would be me.  Having a hard time NOT playing to be honest lol.  I keep thinking about that heart I need to fill or that waypoint I need to unlock or the next skill or level I could be getting and so forth.  Very tough to hold myself back.  I've taken to skipping alot of what the npc's say and not reading much so as not to get immersed or into the story/world just yet.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Yeah, I'm waiting for the game to actually come out before I play it at all :p

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

yeah i have a 1 log in limit per BWE until release now....

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878

i played full out in BWE1 cuz i was so excited i dont what that to become burnout

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Smart move :)

I'm sure it's tempting to keep playing though.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Having played to 28, I am satisfied that I will enjoy the game. I did try a bit a crafting and the class I want but not the race (Sylvari not being in).

That said, not feeling any negatives about uninstalling and not playing again until release. It's a fun game but I think I am glad that for the 1st time in 18+ years of online gaming, I am going to have two games running at the same time. Not going to do anything structured like 1 day on, 1 day off but rather a 'I don't want to  run DEs today...so let's kill some zombies (TSW)'

It's a good game and I am enjoying it but I don't think I could play it for weeks on end without some boredom effects, so I think waffling between the two will be good.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Yeah I decided to only play GW2 "half" instead of full.  I'm doing this by wearing an eye-patch over my left eye, and tying my left hand behind my back when I play.

This way, I'm sure to only spoil my left half in beta, and my right half will remain untainted!

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Ya I'm going very easy on the game until it releases. I'm just getting a feel for some of the classes, but I don't expect to go over lvl 10 with any of them. And besides, TERA still has me entralled, which helps fill the void until GW2 comes out. :)

The best news of this beta for me is: GW2 no longer runs like shit on my more than adequate rig. ANET has gotten their performance up to a smelly fart, which is a mighty improvement if you ask me.

Joined - July 2004

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Not putting my all into it I admit, but still trying a bit of everything :)

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

I'm playing what I can... but on a human warrior, the race I'm less likely to play at release (going for sylvari first, then norn, then asura, then maybe charr so not trying either one even when they become available).. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

At work, main reason I cannot go full throttle.  I even stopped playing before midnight so I could get some sleep.  Working and no sleep suck so damn much!!!

BOOYAKA!

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

Not playing here, 15 minutes each bwe to test performance only.  There is perhaps 1 release every 5 years where you start a new char in a new mmorg with that rare wow factor where you feel the wonder of entering a new world with a char that you are going to play and evolve for years - im not risking have the first 10 levels feel boring because ive been there before :)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

I'm not even doing the beta. I want it all to be new and fresh when we start for real.

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

I still need to try the PvP, but the build variety overwhelms me a bit. Or WvWvW, for that matter. Giving my poor computer a break...

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

No beta at all, sick of having to re-start my characters, only doing betas for mmos I have doubts about, such as TSW.

Avoiding all spoilers as well, seems it was the right choice, seen many people going through withdrawal between each event. Still, half my favourites on YouTube are of the soundtrack now...

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by Bladestrom

Not playing here, 15 minutes each bwe to test performance only.  There is perhaps 1 release every 5 years where you start a new char in a new mmorg with that rare wow factor where you feel the wonder of entering a new world with a char that you are going to play and evolve for years - im not risking have the first 10 levels feel boring because ive been there before :)

This pretty much reflects how I've been playing as well.  I did the same thing with the Diablo 3 beta, and I'm glad I stepped away from it sooner than later, so that all of the drastic changes they made didn't ruin the experience for me.

I'm finding that it runs a lot smoother than last BWE, even if it IS still CPU bound, but I also have my video settings turned towards "balance", since everything ran so choppy last BWE.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by BartDaCat
    Originally posted by Bladestrom

This pretty much reflects how I've been playing as well.  I did the same thing with the Diablo 3 beta, and I'm glad I stepped away from it sooner than later, so that all of the drastic changes they made didn't ruin the experience for me.

I'm finding that it runs a lot smoother than last BWE, even if it IS still CPU bound, but I also have my video settings turned towards "balance", since everything ran so choppy last BWE.

Same here, my settings are on balanced as well and PVE FPS is ten times better this weekend.  WvWvW however, is still quite horrible in the FPS department for me.  Hopefully that will get tweaked as well and maybe I'll be able to move off of balanced at some point, but that could be just wishful thinking.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I had 45 hours before BWE2, from BWE1 and the stress test. I'm on pace for another 40 hours from BWE2. I still feel like I'm just scratching the surface of the game, there is a ton of 2-15 content  haven't touched and I've seen just a small portion of the 16-25 stuff. I haven't touched WvW yet and I've only done 3 SPVP matches.

I always worry about Beta burn out before launch, but I can't stop playing GW2 and I want to get as much out of the time available as possible! :)

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

i only choose norn and  played the first map

i know for a fact i will  not play norn when the game comes out 

and the only other thing ive done is find the bank and have a look how crafting ectra work also ive tried every character class to around 8-10

every character was a norn

tbh im a little sick of the norn starting area now :) but ive spent 40 hours so far there and i still keep finding new things

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Im only doing SPvP and the Human Zones, Im leaving WvW and Norn areas till release.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.