Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo III Farmer makes 60 Million Gold an Hour and Tells All!

Comments

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

According to the farmer:

* They steal accounts from internet forums, but rather than using them on the forums, they put them in their WOW account/password database.

*  They are also using exploits in the game to maximize gold gains, exploits which Blizzard knows about.

*  They have bought enough copies of the game to start their business.  As accounts get banned, they will buy more copies of the game.

*  As mentioned by several posters here on MMORPG.com, they already have enough stock to dominate the RMAH the second it goes live, and possibly maintain dominance for years.

So basically, two entities will profit from the RMAH:  Blizzard and the chinese gold farmers.  To the apologists who were denying it all along:  We told you so!

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

Very poorly done interview I just couldnt watch the whole thing, but point well taken. I really wanted to play this game but absolutly refuse to support this game due to RMAH and internet connection to play single player. I'm paying thru Tourchlight again and are looking forward to torchlight 2

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Thanks for breaking it down, Souldrainer. That was probably the most brain numbing youtube vid I ever attempted to watch.

• MundusMundus Member UncommonPosts: 237

No one forces you to use that RMAH. I for one do not use it. Though I don't buy items in general. There's just no point to it since there will always drop a better item a few minutes later. Besides it's totally unimportant what kind of items you wear, is it not? I mean there' s not even PvP. So it's not like you needed better items than your opponent or anything.

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

I bet the Chinese correctional authorities are all over this one. Once again, this was in plain sight and highly predictable.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

This is what happens in WoW. So much for your 10 million subs, most are chinese gold farmers with many multiple acounts.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• TGSOLTGSOL Member Posts: 274

Literally the only way to prevent this kind of thing is to make it so items cannot be sold on any form of AH or traded in any way. You get what you get from drops and crafting and that's it.

Even then, farmers could still sell accounts. "Level 60 characters with awesome gear = $100."

There's literally no way to truly prevent this sort of thing in a game like this, unfortunately.

• CymdaiCymdai Member UncommonPosts: 1,043

The worst part is, this isn't the only person doing this.

There are people streaming via own3dtv, twitchtv, etc etc, where they demonstrate how they are botting, how much money they make, etc etc.

This problem has always been prevalent, but especially so in the Diablo series. The fact that they openly called out Blizzard to say "Hey, we're hacking your players and cheating, what are you gonna do about it?" is just a slap in the face. 

Waiting for something fresh to arrive on the MMO scene...

• TellaxTellax Member Posts: 22

Yet another thing Blizz "didn't" see coming..  haha, This is so entertaining..

and the worst part, the game is considered a success by the shareholders (and that's all that matters btw).

Games by gamers for gamers, is over..  Games by corporations for money..  is the 21th century motto aka reason for why gaming quality has severely declined.   sad days..

• EtahEvolEtahEvol Member Posts: 28

The game sucks and thats all there is to it.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    Originally posted by Stizzled
    Originally posted by Mephster

This is what happens in WoW. So much for your 10 million subs, most are chinese gold farmers with many multiple acounts.

Makes you wonder, out of those six million copies sold, just how many were purchased for the purpose of botting?

It does make you wonder. Blizzard knows all about what is going on hence why they came up with the idea for the RMAH so they can get a piece of the action.  Think Blizzard cares about game integrity whjen they will be making alot of money ?  Yeah the 6 mill copies is really a bogus claim because you have many farmers buying atleast 100 boxes of the game just so they can farm gold.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Mundus

No one forces you to use that RMAH. I for one do not use it. Though I don't buy items in general. There's just no point to it since there will always drop a better item a few minutes later. Besides it's totally unimportant what kind of items you wear, is it not? I mean there' s not even PvP. So it's not like you needed better items than your opponent or anything.

Agreed with most of the points.

However, you DO need better items to progress in PvE. If you do not have good enough stats, you are not going to finish INFERNO.

Originally posted by Cymdai

There are people streaming via own3dtv, twitchtv, etc etc, where they demonstrate how they are botting, how much money they make, etc etc.

This problem has always been prevalent, but especially so in the Diablo series. The fact that they openly called out Blizzard to say "Hey, we're hacking your players and cheating, what are you gonna do about it?" is just a slap in the face. 

The whole point of the "always online" was supposedly to greatly reduce botting/hacking/etc. Looks like that turned out about as well as everyone but the most ardent fanboys expected.

Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by TGSOL

The whole point of the "always online" was supposedly to greatly reduce botting/hacking/etc. Looks like that turned out about as well as everyone but the most ardent fanboys expected.

No it wasn't. Your strawman is on fire.

Yes, it was. Diablo 2 was rampant with bots, hacking, item duping, illegal-third party sales, etc. "Always online DRM" and the "RMAH" was supposed to be Blizzards answer to these problems.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Farmers affect every single game. The more popular the game, the more farmers that will see it as a business opportunity.

• freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240

In the end the most important thing is selling more copies.

Because botters gotta bot

More Bans=more copies sold. Solid logic indeed

• VPgearchinVPgearchin Member Posts: 168

No it wasn't. Your strawman is on fire.

Yes, it was. Diablo 2 was rampant with bots, hacking, item duping, illegal-third party sales, etc. "Always online DRM" and the "RMAH" was supposed to be Blizzards answer to these problems.

with the rmah, third-party sales become partly blizz sales too, as they make profit from them. Shame this game has suffered from accounts being hacked, and they just changed it to where if your account has been hacked more than two times, you can't use the RMAH.

• Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890

I just finished playing Nightmare mode. In the entire playthrough I got a drop that was better than what I had already equipped, once.

Blizzard Community Manager "Bashiok":

"In addition to all the other benefits that we believe ultimately come from having everyone online such as an active, centralized community, a popular arena system, accessible character storage, etc. etc. Diablo III is built on a client/server architecture, which means not all the data for the game or mechanics reside on the client (your computer).

This is not too unlike World of Warcraft where the world itself, the art, the sounds, etc. are on your machine, but all of the NPC’s and enemies are controlled by the server. Diablo III doesn’t function in all of the exact same ways, but things like monster randomization, dungeon randomization, item drops, the outcomes of combat, among others, are all handled and verified by the client talking to the server, and vice versa.

We’ve learned a lot from this type of architecture from World of Warcraft, and the added security and oversight it provides. It allows a great deal of control over the game at all times for all players, so if we know there’s an issue or bug we can usually address it right then and there through a live hotfix. Hotfixes can’t be used for everything, we’re still going to have client patches, but we’re definitely looking forward to being able to deliver a consistently high quality experience to all players simultaneously through processes like hotfixes.

In addition there are some pretty intense security concerns. While there’s never a fool proof solution to stopping hack and cheats, we’ve found that a strict client/server architecture is a huge barrier for their development and use.

Ultimately we made the decision to make the game client/server based because of the security and quality it can provide to those playing, and as a bonus it reinforces a lot of our ideals for a thriving online community."

As I said, always online = a way to make the game more "secure" from hacking/cheating/duping/etc.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

"In addition to all the other benefits that we believe ultimately come from having everyone online such as an active, centralized community, a popular arena system, accessible character storage, etc. etc. Diablo III is built on a client/server architecture, which means not all the data for the game or mechanics reside on the client (your computer).

This is not too unlike World of Warcraft where the world itself, the art, the sounds, etc. are on your machine, but all of the NPC’s and enemies are controlled by the server. Diablo III doesn’t function in all of the exact same ways, but things like monster randomization, dungeon randomization, item drops, the outcomes of combat, among others, are all handled and verified by the client talking to the server, and vice versa.

We’ve learned a lot from this type of architecture from World of Warcraft, and the added security and oversight it provides. It allows a great deal of control over the game at all times for all players, so if we know there’s an issue or bug we can usually address it right then and there through a live hotfix. Hotfixes can’t be used for everything, we’re still going to have client patches, but we’re definitely looking forward to being able to deliver a consistently high quality experience to all players simultaneously through processes like hotfixes.

In addition there are some pretty intense security concerns. While there’s never a fool proof solution to stopping hack and cheats, we’ve found that a strict client/server architecture is a huge barrier for their development and use.

Ultimately we made the decision to make the game client/server based because of the security and quality it can provide to those playing, and as a bonus it reinforces a lot of our ideals for a thriving online community."

As I said, always online = a way to make the game more "secure" from hacking/cheating/duping/etc.

You win the Thread, Sir!

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• HemiiHemii Member Posts: 5

Why would anyone want to spend real money on items in this game blows my mind. There's no end game what so ever. I'd really like to know how much of this coin has actually sold for real money.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Tellax

Yet another thing Blizz "didn't" see coming..  haha, This is so entertaining..

and the worst part, the game is considered a success by the shareholders (and that's all that matters btw).

Games by gamers for gamers, is over..  Games by corporations for money..  is the 21th century motto aka reason for why gaming quality has severely declined.   sad days..

If a game sold so many copies that it made a likely 100% ROI within the first few weeks of release, it would be considered a success by shareholders even if it was the absolute crappiest game ever made.  They only care about $.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515

I personally have not touched the AH from very early beta up to now . I see no need for me to use the AH other than when the RMAH goes live and I can sell MY stuff to all those foolish enough to buy it. Win/Win for me. If everyone wouldjust stop buying the gear off the Ah in the first place you would not have these issues. But then hey, were a fast food,got it have it yesterday type of society today.

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249

No, you're right. No one forces you to use it. The problem is, even though you youself will not use it, you already support it. Supporting this kind of behavior only shows devs that the playerbase wants this system cause they bought the game. If millions of people buy your game, that must show a fair percentage of that actually likes the system.

I can't help but think when I read stories like this, Blizzard games are becoming more politics than a actual game. They make a system, pretend its to help the everyday gamer sell his items and maybe make some money. But in reality its so Blizzard can profit from the tons of botters/hackers who are going to be the ones selling 90% of the stuff on the RMAH. Why would Blizzard fight this? They are gonna make so much money off these guys. They don't care about gamers anymore. If they did they woudln't have put such a stupid system like this in a game.

I honestly hope once it launches it crashes hard. I don't like the RMAH and I want it out of my games. Let us earn our gear by actually PLAYING the game.

Always online provides greater security and helps to reduce "cheats" and "hacking." Exactly as I said.

Those are some the side benefits. Re-read the first sentence. Then you'll know why they did it. Not "The whole point of the "always online" was supposedly to greatly reduce botting/hacking/etc. "

Well you make one good point - it wasn't necessarily the "primary" reason.

Of course, the REAL reason, ultimately, is piracy prevention and constant-access to the RMAH. They can scream until they're blue in the face that "we totally never even thought of Piracy when we decided to do this" but everyone with at least an IQ of 2 knows that's bullcrap.