Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the release taking too long ?

k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

I was always super cranked up by GW2 and ANet's philosophy during development. I had a blast during BWE1. Now I logged yesterday during BWE2, and everything was super smooth, far better looking than BWE1, combat as much fun, but ... one hour later I just logged off. The main reason being that I know this is not "the real thing", that we'll have to start it all over at release.

Now I got some personal work to do at home this week end, but even if I hadn't, I'm not sure I would feel the need to spend the whole days inside GW2 ... I think the hype is reaching the descending point for me, after so many monthes full of teasing, videos, cheering, ... but still no "real thing". I know that once the game will hit release, I'll jump both feet into it, but this interest turnover is worrying me.

Please hurry up ANet.

edit : we see this kind of thread with every public mmo beta of course. But I just don't want GW2 to lose my attention so fast.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

Comments

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by k-damage

I was always super cranked up by GW2 and ANet's philosophy during development. I had a blast during BWE1. Now I logged yesterday during BWE2, and everything was super smooth, far better looking than BWE1, combat as much fun, but ... one hour later I just logged off. The main reason being that I know this is not "the real thing", that we'll have to start it all over at release.

Now I got some personal work to do at home this week end, but even if I hadn't, I'm not sure I would feel the need to spend the whole days inside GW2 ... I think the hype is reaching the descending point for me, after so many monthes full of teasing, videos, cheering, ... but still no "real thing". I know that once the game will hit release, I'll jump both feet into it, but this interest turnover is worrying me.

Please hurry up ANet.

Bioware knows the answer to that question.

Bottom line, they know people will play no matter how long it takes. If it comes out to soon, well, ask Bioware....

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by TomBaker_fan

Bottom line, they know people will play no matter how long it takes. If it comes out to soon, well, ask Bioware....

Yeah, kind of fair. This holds true for people who don't have that many activities and centers of interests in their life, or do have a lot of free time. But for people who got some family to care of, sport activities, other time consuming hobbies, or even just want to have fun with other things than MMOs, their center of interest can move pretty fast from a precise game if the wait is too long. It's kind of the double-edged sword of monthes and monthes of teasing.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• GMan33GMan33 Member UncommonPosts: 79

Like with SWTOR - bottom line is....people will play it WHENEVER it releases. Yes we will whine, and stomp our feet bla bla bla. Point is, come release date, all us complainers will be there. The difference:

Its a solid, deep, fun mmo

SWTOR was a shallow skeleton that has completely destroyed that mmo of what it could been. Thats what happens when you rush a release.

Now i will say this, Guild Wars 2 is miles up miles ahead of SWTOR already in this beta, so i dont think we have to much longer to wait and at this point i dont think any release date this year would be classified "rush".

• VPgearchinVPgearchin Member Posts: 168
    Originally posted by TomBaker_fan
    Originally posted by k-damage

Please hurry up ANet.

yes and it even made the big guy at bioware sweat during the E3 announcement, sad thing about Tor is ; it is not on EA's priority list of games.