Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We will get vanilla WoW when the well runs dry !

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I know many have found that articles stating that Blizzard has no intentions of bringing Vanilla wow back.

Blizzard knows that they went in a different direction.  Why ?.... to capture a younger group with it's easy play, and instanced dungeons for lower system requirements.  After all they could have simply started a new 1-60 Continent.  But instead, they catered to younger players with older computers.

They absolutely know they pissed a lot of players off, but marketing proves a younger group is financially worth it.  The list of mad mmo'ers are much larger than you think !..... Even here, Just think of the thousands that don't even view the WoW threads any more.  For many WoW is gone and forgotten.

When would we see Vanilla WoW ?.....When the well runs dry.....Maybe after the Panda thing....Maybe if Guild Wars 2 or another mmo dents Blizzards market.

One thing for sure.  We will see Vanilla WoW again !

NOTE :

Why would some of you think they would release a Vanilla wow broken and with bugs ?

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Blizzard just don't want to so if vanilla servers come out it will be because Acivision think it will earn them money.

It is not unlikely but not something I would bet money on either.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Well it's a lot to do with box sales.....Lots of money in the sale of expansions. Possible as much as subscription cash flow, we will never really see the figures to prove either way.  With Vanilla wow, Blizzard realizes they cant re-charge for box sales. So it's off the table for now.

Blizzard would never drop their reputation low to go F2P when that day comes.  I'm sure we could all agree on that.  Sooo what would be the best alternative marketing maneuver ?....Vanella WoW

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by delete5230

Well it's a lot to do with box sales.....Lots of money in the sale of expansions. Possible as much as subscription cash flow, we will never really see the figures to prove either way.  With Vanilla wow, Blizzard realizes they cant re-charge for box sales. So it's off the table for now.

Blizzard would never drop their reputation low to go F2P when that day comes.  I'm sure we could all agree on that.  Sooo what would be the best alternative marketing maneuver ?....Vanella WoW

It is not Blizzards call, if Activision believes Wow would make more money F2P it would become F2P.

You don´t really think it was Blizzards idea to have a real money auction house in D3 and releasing it incomplete patching in stuff like PvP later?

Today they would never had been allowed to scrap Starcraft: Ghost.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by delete5230

It is not Blizzards call, if Activision believes Wow would make more money F2P it would become F2P.

You don´t really think it was Blizzards idea to have a real money auction house in D3 and releasing it incomplete patching in stuff like PvP later?

Today they would never had been allowed to scrap Starcraft: Ghost.

Activision, Blizzard I'll admit I'm not up to date on company politics, but it's still a very large and smart marketing group making the calls.

Ok, F2P could also be an option.  BUT understand that F2P is still the same game.  Many like the same game, many don't. With vanilla WoW their is an opportunity to bring back players.

I'm sure they realize that their is a major market for Vanilla WoW.....Lot's of money to be made when that day comes.

When the day comes, and the bottom falls out.  Lets not rule out that Activision / Blizzard could sell off copyrights and trademarks, opening the doors for Vanilla WoW...........Just another possibility.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.