Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GO USA

in another thread about (best pvp game) someone listed everquest in the list (Iam posting here cuz it's off topic)
You list EQ in this?

This is kinda like asking, which country has the best hockey team, and then you go listing France in the 10 choices...LOL. I am not even thinking team France would beat our Junior Canucks all-champions team. Think Crosby would own those Frenchs a big time!

Or like listing Canada/USA in a soccer list...I mean...come on, I am pretty sure the local team of Paris, Marseilles or London alone would own the best of the best NA team, easily.""

Okay maybe canada but
http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/index/0,2548,All-Aug-2005,00.html
the US is playing great

in the 2002 world cup they lost in the final 8
in what should have went into over time because as the replay shows they did indeed score on germany
in there 1-0 loss

the only teams that can even give us a run for our money are
argentina,brazil,france,england,italy,mexico and maybe spain maybe
keep in mind thats out of 204 teams

I remember with Bruce Arena garunteed a world cup win by the 2010 World cup
people laughed there asses off now?
in 02 we rightly at least should have gotten overtime/penalty shots agianst germany
we could have steam rolled the final 4
and probably lost to brazil ....
in 06 there is no doubt we will get to the final 8 and maybe 4 also if not the finals

the US has more kids playing soccer than any country in the world (more males and females acttualy)

http://www.nike.com/nikesoccer/justdoit/usnt.html

check out the explor a city

I'll say this being mexican/white I allway rooted for mexico because it seemes like no one cared over here (don't get me wrong Iam still 100% Chivas fan)
after watching the US V Mexico game (we won by the way 2 zip)
there were as many mexican americans there as people in mexico jersys
there were over 1,000 people on the US side with surdos (really large brazilian base drums)
http://www.brazilianpercussion.com/english/instrumentos/Tipos.asp?Tipo=17
even chants in spanish
VAMOS U S A
VAMOS U S A
etc etc
we really have a great team and for the first time ever we have more black american players then africans
and more mexican americans than mexicans on our team for the first time is a testment to how well we are doing
the MLS is getting closer and closer to being able to pay there players the same amount as european teams
the leauge is profitable
we have a huge amount of great young players being developet (spl)

here are some more great vids
http://www.nike.com/nikesoccer/justdoit/usnt.html

GO USNT
GO USA

Comments

• slakslak Member Posts: 83

Originally posted by Elta

the only teams that can even give us a run for our money are
    argentina,brazil,france,england,italy,mexico and maybe spain maybe
    keep in mind thats out of 204 teams

lol, most countries in europe would kick your asses pretty badly when it comes to soccer.

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

Americans play basket, baseball and american football. Every single european plays football (called soccer in the states) Football has existed in Europe since year 1000 or earlier, when it was played with the rests of pigs. The best teams in the world are based in europe. Not talking about national teams. The biggest football clubs in the world are based in Europe. All the good football players in the world play in europe. hmm I don't think the US will beat europeans in football.

• EltaElta Member Posts: 297

the biggest clubs have money to get african,south and north american players to come there
    because they have the biggest income (due to there currancy being worth what it is in comparision)

maradona
    pele
    both great euro players right?

oh and the hand of god ...maradona wasn't fouled when that happened
    ...grecce couldn't possibly take the tourn???

lol
    I'll be sure to bump this thread when germany rolls around

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

Those to players are from south america. Pele from Brazil and Maradona from Argentina. Both don't play anymore. But the currently greatest football players in the world play in europe. Ronaldo, Ronaldinio, Van Nistelroy, Beckham and so on. All play in Europe. USA has never won the world championship in Football. Just South American, African and European countries have done that. The only Football USA is good in is Football for females.

• DarkNickDarkNick Member Posts: 1

Mexico is supposedly one of the top teams.. did you see the stunning victory the other night USA > Mexico in Columbus.

(Note: The USA is also good at American Football)

when has an african team one a world cup?
    the only teams that have ever one are
    england
    uruguay
    brazil
    argentina
    italy
    germany
    france

and ...yea thats it
    ronaldo , ronaldinho both brazilians playing spain cuz they get paid more

the last time the US played england it was a 2 to 1 loss on penalty shots
    and the last time the played brazil they one
    ::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::::::31::
    but then agian people from europe generally tend to think we don't care about soccer LMAO
    I can't wait till germany
    and another thing the US mens team has never loss to a african team
    and tied germany in the last cup (germany came in second to brazil)

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144
    Guess I'll be the first to stir the pot. Soccer SUCKS, its all about NASCAR RACING!

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• FilipinoFuryFilipinoFury Member Posts: 1,056

Hmm. . The wonderful game of soccer. Play that game every other day one way or another. Also just to add my 2 cents I love Roberto Carlos.Has anybody ever seen that amazing bend he did for about 30yrds out into the goal WHEW amazing.

Hehe Seabass! Hehe way to troll and take the topic of subject. But sitting on your ass all day doesnt require much skill now does it. Just so you know soccer requires more technical skill endurance and communication then any other sport.

On Time? On Target? Never Quit?

• keltic1701keltic1701 Member Posts: 1,162

Originally posted by seabass2003
    Guess I'll be the first to stir the pot. Soccer SUCKS, its all about NASCAR RACING!

Oh yeah! Watching suped up cars making left turns for 2 hours! How will anyone ever beat that I wonder?! GACK!! I'm an American and I would sooner watch soccer (World class football) that NASCAR anyday!!

I too share a deep hatred for nascar ::::01::::::02::::::01::::::02::
    it does take skill ..but compared too basketball,football,football,hockeybaseball,rugby etc etc ....
    not much

• malo7000malo7000 Member Posts: 126

DELETED