Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yea just a few players

HippyLettuceHippyLettuce Member Posts: 6

Yea i used to play lineage 2 quite a bit, I started to get annoyed of it however for the few amount of players on it, I mean it was like barren, its such a great game and such few people play it, it kind of makes me sad

Fab

Comments

• ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487
    well its ncsofts fault they never listen to the NA L2 players. The game will prob. die by the end of the year.
  • anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

How do you figure? Bartz has a "Full" rating 90% of the day, and half the other servers are at "Normal" which is medium. Only like 4 servers are on the light end of the spectrum, I would call that pretty dang good.

If you want to play on a busy server, play on Bartz. It is absolutely crawling with people. Even on TI there are lots of new players or old players that have returned. I play on Kain which is medium always because I don't care about the masses and I would play on a light server but they are too high ping for me.

• FastTxFastTx Member UncommonPosts: 756

Originally posted by ray12k
    well its ncsofts fault they never listen to the NA L2 players. The game will prob. die by the end of the year.

probably? Game has more subscribers than it did 6 months ago.

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

L2's dying?...

Last I checked, it had 65,000+ active subscribers in North America, and the number has been growing...

Now, it may not be up there in subscriber numbers when compared to games like WoW and Everquest, but it's FAR (... very far) from dying...

Then there's always Korea... It's obscene how many subscribers they have there...

With the addition of C3 and the nice turnaround the game has made, I've noticed PLENTY of new blood coming into L2...

If you're having a problem with lack of players, try playing on a busier server like Bartz... tons of people there...

--------------------------------------

• EsorllehEsorlleh Member Posts: 129

Originally posted by BigPeeler

If you're having a problem with lack of players, try playing on a busier server like Bartz... tons of people there...

Stay off Bartz it's full!  image

MMO Fav List:
    Lineage 2 | 5x Silver Ranger, 7x Shillien Elder <- Active
    WoW | 6x Rogue, 1x Priest
    Anarchy Online | 8x MetaPhysicist
    Saga of Ryzom | Matis Light Armourer

Waiting for: Age of Conan, Lineage 3

• ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487

Originally posted by BigPeeler

L2's dying?...
    Last I checked, it had 65,000+ active subscribers in North America, and the number has been growing...
    Now, it may not be up there in subscriber numbers when compared to games like WoW and Everquest, but it's FAR (... very far) from dying...
    Then there's always Korea... It's obscene how many subscribers they have there...
    With the addition of C3 and the nice turnaround the game has made, I've noticed PLENTY of new blood coming into L2...

As I said in a year or less most people are waiting for up comming mmorpg's.  Most the people who came after C3 were old players who mastered WOW not new players.  most of the people that came back are waiting for other games to release in 2005-6
  • ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

Hah... Lineage 1 NA has somewhere around 5k subscribers... and they've been going on for years. Extremely small playerbase, but an EXTREMELY tight community. I still have best friends I made over that game.

This game isn't going to die... it's fully funded by NCSoft based in Korea, the biggest MMO developers in the world. They aren't going to pull the plug on it.

-Machiavelli

• JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325

Hahaha, Die?

I don't think so! NA has over 60k subscribers, and NCsoft could care less. Korea has more subscribers than WoW in NA. NA Lineage 2 is chump change for NCsoft. If only one person still played L2 NA..it would still be there...because it is still making Lineage 2 money. Granted there will probally only be one server with a GM on it for 3 hours a day...lol! Lineage 2 has the most subscribers Worldwide, this game is going nowhere.

It is nice to see that so many new players are also comming to the game. Plus I have 3 RL friends that I can play with...so that is sweet!!!image

Really, come on guys...this game is not dieing. It is doing great! If anything it might even last longer than WoW...when everyone in the world has played it and hit level cap and played for 6 months making alt characters and getting them to level 60.

• tanizakitanizaki Member Posts: 3

I activated my L2 account again after getting bored with WoW. The population on Sieghardt wasn't close to what it was when I stopped playing, which was around November 2004. There were times when I could barely move through some of the towns due to the number of player-vendors. Didn't have that problem this time around though.

I will say, there are a lot more friendly people playing now though. I had given the items and adena from my characters to a friend, before I cancelled my account. When I reactivated my account, I started a new character. I was surprised by the number of people who actually gave me money and buffs.

• ayuchanayuchan Member Posts: 90

unless they(ncsoft) are lying...the Bartz server is indeed full most of the time

one reason why it might feel empty is because the majority of the population is in the higher regions...
    so areas like devastated castle...forbidden gateway and blazing swamp will be full of people while the starter towns are fairly empty...

once you got past level 20...you should be able to find a lot more people...so dont get discouraged if you find the place empty...by the time you are my level 6x...you will wish there were less people

• JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325

Yeah, I can't speak for Sieghardt...but on Kain I know there is a lot of ppl. I know on Bartz there is even more, and I think Teon is about the same as Kain.

On Kain, Gludin is still nicely populated, gludio is pretty empty, dion is full, Giran is OVER full and so on. Noob areas are so empty it is scary!!!

Yep, that is one reason why I still play L2...great community!

• MMHELMMHEL Member Posts: 313

Originally posted by Jukan

Yeah, I can't speak for Sieghardt...but on Kain I know there is a lot of ppl. I know on Bartz there is even more, and I think Teon is about the same as Kain.
    On Kain, Gludin is still nicely populated, gludio is pretty empty, dion is full, Giran is OVER full and so on. Noob areas are so empty it is scary!!!
    Yep, that is one reason why I still play L2...great community!

I dont no about  it now (i got broke so i cancelled planing to go back) but theres alot of people around the town selling stuff but i think i wa on bartz well n00b areas or empty