Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After years in wow all other mmo's just sucks

Comments

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Well then stay in WoW ?

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    Hmm considering blizzard have always admitted using eq as their inspiration would tgat not make wow same old chicken pace as you put it.
    Pretty sure the structure and goals in boyh games are very similar.
  • FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by palulalula

Well i am sick of that. There is not one single game (excpt Eve)  with even a little piece of quality from wow. It was more like raping my self by trying to play this games. I tried AOC -awesome game on begining but after some time you get bored with that crappy combat and not well made lands. EQ and EQ2-Fast paced chicken running mmo. GW-Horror of all horrors and worst mmo i tried, from start of making characters you get ill from that feminine look of males. LOTRO-pure pve game not so bad but without pvp, boooriing(forget that crappy monster play). Warhammer--Good at start but later you got served one of the worst combat in mmo, same useless crap like in gw2. RIFT- good start, crappy stupid super boring quests, few lands and not much to explore, same EQ chicken running fast paced pvp.SWTOR was my hope and it started very good with maybe best character stories of all time, but plufff after 2-3 weeks at lev 50 you have nothing really to do. And rest of games are  even worst. I asked many of players do they have same feelings when  they try to play anything else beside wow and i got the same answer-YES the rest of the games are so poor and so cheap made if you compare them with wow and that is the reason why wow have 10-12 mil subscribers. I know, i know that some of you think that you are very special kind of players because you play some very strange games like Aion, GW, EQ but hey! numbers are what counts and we have best fun in world of mmo's. You know that most of MMO'S earn in their life time not a little part of that what Blizzard earn from one month  wow subscription fee. This is the reason why is so much hate :) Wheen your little game will be able to offer so big tournaments with so much money to win you could say- Yes i am proud to be a member of that gaming comunity! But untill then just keep quiet  and be friendly with everyone in your gaming comunity so you can keep it a live. Sorry for my bad English . Enjoy playing what ever you play--But do not forget who is the king :)

I can see where you're coming from, that other MMOs don't live up to the standards of Blizzards World of Warcraft, and that these other Sub MMOs didn't have that feeling for you, but that doesn't make them all bad or abyssmal in comparison to WoW. These other MMOs have their only problems and issues, and some people really love those games and stay subbed just like the millions who like the juggernaut that is WoW.

WoW is not perfection however, nor should it stand as some sort of standard or stepping stone for other devs looking to create a MMO, especially a sub based game. Even though WoW is the King of sub MMOs, it has aged terribly, and has more issues as well. Like SWTOR you mention after 2-3 weeks at end game it was stale, WoW is the same. After 2-3 weeks through raid finder, as well as gaining valor cap each week if you play that much, you are probably well geared and have already seen the "end game" multiple times over those 2-3 weeks, which in turn exhausts the content.

PvP in WoW also gets exhausted quickly. Sure these other MMOs may not have PvP, but they may have much more deeper development focus on PVE content, which some like, anyway back to WoW PvP. WoW and its current classic BGs have been in the game for over 5 years now, and everyone is bored with them. Blizzard did make some slight map changes, but they are the same classic BGs, and the texture quality these days for those BGs is quite low. Even when new BGs come out in expansions, afer 1 month or so and you are geared, you exhaust those BGs and the content it contains, thus you become bored of them.

It's a natural thing to become bored of a game and its said content after playing it multiple times for a few weeks, this is normal. The problem with WoW and why it is still so successful is many of blizzards older subscriber base have invested a lot of time into the game, lets say over 3-4 years playing. Maybe they started in Vanilla or TBC. They want to keep playing and feel that their assets don't go to waste. Some have 1 character they might of invested over 10000 hours into. Some have multiple characters and maybe their in a guild they have been in for a long time. WoW also gets an influx of returners, and also new casual players every time blizzard runs promotions (Such as the recent Scroll of Resurrection Boost a friend to Level 80 + free Cataclysm expansion upgrade).

My point being, these other MMOs may get stale, boring, even not worthy of playing anymore, but because people have invested more time into WoW, and the fact that it has more players, is why people are staying. After playing WoW for over 7 years since 2005, I can say that any new content blizzard releases doesn't last long. It is often beaten in the first 2-3 weeks from the playerbase. WoWs combat and many of the graphical parts of the game are still showing age. They tried to retify this in Cataclysm upgrading all older zones, but there is still very low textured assets left, as well as the combat which hasn't changed much since release way back in 2004.

It's not that the other games are "bad" or they "suck", its just you've had your fill with their content, its time to unsub and wait for more content. Theres nothing wrong with staying subbbed to wow if you've invested a lot of time into the game, but WoWs content is nothing special either.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Guys do not be angry. Fact is that i need few sec to enter in to any of wow's battlegrounds. Fact is that we have in wow so many battlegrounds that you never get bored only from doing that kind of pvp. Fact is that we have open battlegrounds like Tol Barad and you want to copy that in to GW2 and some other games. Fact is that we fight for capital cities for many years and you will never get that expirience in your game

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Fact is that we have open battlegrounds like Tol Barad and you want to copy that in to GW2 and some other games.

the original GW had battlegrounds before WOW ..

Originally posted by Nadia

Fact is that we have open battlegrounds like Tol Barad and you want to copy that in to GW2 and some other games.

the original GW had battlegrounds before WOW ..

Well cmon! Do not compare that kind of badly created battlegronds with wow battlegrounds

you are welcome to keep your opinion but your GW2 claim is baseless saying its copying from WOW

-- when GW had BGs before WOW

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

You do realise he only wants you to confirm what he feels right? It's a process most unsecure people go through.

And as a coincident, there are alot of those in WoW..

Originally posted by Nadia

your welcome to keep your opinion but your GW2 is claim is baseless saying its copying from WOW

-- when GW had BGs before WOW

Well i said that for Tol Barad or Wintergrasp, not for all. But top of pvp is wow'w fighting for Capital Cities where you must defeat  all bosses and oposing faction try to prevent you from that. Now show me the game where you have that kind of epic pvp.  It is like a fire all over the chat, ally tries to regroup and to prevent our mighty horde from doing this and hundred of us are flying from all parts of Azeroth to destroy Ally  king and to show again true power of horde. Drums are following our army with blessing of gods and our maces and swords are hungry for Ally blood

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by Reizla

After years of playing all other MMO's, WoW just sucks...

qft.

But good job on troll thread op =]

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by Boldyn

You do realise he only wants you to confirm what he feels right? It's a process most unsecure people go through.

lol i have for sure more expirience then you in almost every mmo. It is you people who are searching for some good games but you cant find and you don't want to be a part of best game ever created simply because you want to think about you self like something very smart and special lol.

I have been apart of WoW. It was a great run. And how, exactly, could you possibly know that you have had more experience than me in almost every mmo?

• ddd47ddd47 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Originally posted by ddd47

To the op are you 47 year old with brain like a 7 years ???

Well your post shows only that you are in this age. Do not worry you will learn to live

AHAHAHAH  from what I see you live in WOW ......and nothing but  WOW   (:

When you go out and get warm on your head, do not worry ..... it is the sun is your friend ...

• JC-SmithJC-Smith Member UncommonPosts: 421

Wow certainly isn't for everyone, but it does appeal to a large segment of MMO players. That's obviously by it's gargantuan subscription numbers over the years. A general problem with MMOs is burn out. You can only do the same stuff so often before it gets old. And when that happens players stop playing, and often see the need to tell everyone why they stopped playing, etc. That's a natural thing that happens over time to most games.

I think where WoW gets the bad rap is that because most MMOs in the years since it have cloned it. It just makes it worse, because players are now getting WoW Clones, which often are not as good as WoW. But because the gameplay is so similar to it, it just reinforces the reasons they left WoW in the first place. That isn't Blizzard's fault. Quest grinding was simply better than mob grinding. Blizzard didn't invent that. DAoC and EQ 2 also had quests giving great experience. But they didn't have as many quests so that questing became your primary form of leveling.

Now players are getting tired of the quest grind and the static canned approach to moving across the world, and maybe it's time for a new evolution. Whether that is in the public quest style events, or someplace else, players seem to be growing tired of the same old approach. But I don't understand why Blizzard takes heat for other games copying them.

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

Well i am sick of that. There is not one single game (excpt Eve)  with even a little piece of quality from wow. It was more like raping my self by trying to play this games. I tried AOC -awesome game on begining but after some time you get bored with that crappy combat and not well made lands. EQ and EQ2-Fast paced chicken running mmo. GW-Horror of all horrors and worst mmo i tried, from start of making characters you get ill from that feminine look of males. LOTRO-pure pve game not so bad but without pvp, boooriing(forget that crappy monster play). Warhammer--Good at start but later you got served one of the worst combat in mmo, same useless crap like in gw2. RIFT- good start, crappy stupid super boring quests, few lands and not much to explore, same EQ chicken running fast paced pvp.SWTOR was my hope and it started very good with maybe best character stories of all time, but plufff after 2-3 weeks at lev 50 you have nothing really to do. And rest of games are  even worst. I asked many of players do they have same feelings when  they try to play anything else beside wow and i got the same answer-YES the rest of the games are so poor and so cheap made if you compare them with wow and that is the reason why wow have 10-12 mil subscribers. I know, i know that some of you think that you are very special kind of players because you play some very strange games like Aion, GW, EQ but hey! numbers are what counts and we have best fun in world of mmo's. You know that most of MMO'S earn in their life time not a little part of that what Blizzard earn from one month  wow subscription fee. This is the reason why is so much hate :) Wheen your little game will be able to offer so big tournaments with so much money to win you could say- Yes i am proud to be a member of that gaming comunity! But untill then just keep quiet  and be friendly with everyone in your gaming comunity so you can keep it a live. Sorry for my bad English . Enjoy playing what ever you play--But do not forget who is the king :)

To be honest, I had no issue with your post until you wrote the part I highlighted in red. Sure I don't agree with your narrow minded and ridiculous opinions of all the other games you listed; everyone's entitled to their own opinions, even if they're wrong.

But what does the part in red have to do with the rest of your post? - nothing.

I'm not going to even try to begin to argue with you because I can tell you are a troll and a hater, and that's also fine, anyone can become the person they want to become; unfortunately. I will however (not completely off the hook) note a few things:

Yellow: All opinions, no facts. Though I disagree, you are entitled to your wrong opinions.

Green: Most ridiculous thing I have ever read on mmorpg.com

Blue: The one game you did like; says a lot about you.

Purple: WOW barely has over 10 mil subs (approx 4 mil in NA & EU, and 6 mil in Asia- mainly China which has a dif sub model). Hence MoP expansion, catering to their gold farmers.

Orange: Hate? I'd say you've got your own fair doses of hate.

Red: Hence why you're a sad little troll and a hater. Please keep playing wow, we don't want you in our games (especially gw2).

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

You are absolutely correct.  If I were you (and I will thank God every day from now on that I am not) I would never EVER leave WoW.  You stay right there and play the best game ever made.  We all cheer for you.

/Sarcasm Off

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

@ OP

Then stop playing other mmorpg's and stick with WoW.

Guess every one has their own preferences, because someone would have to pay ME nice money to play WoW.

Seriously this game was ok at Vanilla, but nowadays when I tried it on my friend's account. Damn - it is seriousy bad :|

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845
    Originally posted by Hatefull

You are absolutely correct.  If I were you (and I will thank God every day from now on that I am not) I would never EVER leave WoW.  You stay right there and play the best game ever made.  We all cheer for you.

/Sarcasm Off

Agreed

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Boldyn

lol i have for sure more expirience then you in almost every mmo. It is you people who are searching for some good games but you cant find and you don't want to be a part of best game ever created simply because you want to think about you self like something very smart and special lol.

Well, since we are in fact very smart and therefore somewhat special, we are justified in our thinking. image

WOW was fun for a time, (pre BC), but what it has evolved into certainly isn't what I (and many other gamers) are looking for.

For every person playing WOW today I'm willing to bet there are 2 people who previously played and left because it hasn't aged well.  (making it easier and easier does not a good MMORPG make)

It's interesting that you have tried so many other titles since you seem to feel WOW is such a great game, seems like you might be searching for better just like the rest of us, not being satisfied with the rather shallow experience it offers.

As true with most things in life, being the most popular doesn't make something the best of its genre, it just means the masses are easily swayed by marketing, the desire to go along with the crowd, and tend to prefer things that are less challenging to those that are. (a natural tendency towards entropy if you will)

In the end it comes down to a matter of personal taste and what you are looking for.  My son is 19 years old, has played WOW since launch, and he and his friends are perfectly satisfied with the game. (well, that and D3 it seems). 

But my tastes differ from theirs, and I've played MMO's that have offered somewhat more eclectic experiences though I will agree that most AAA MMO's post WOW have been shallow imitators however that said, each provided some fun for at least a short period of time, so not a total loss.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep looking for newer and better, settling for WOW because the rest don't measure up isn't an option for me, I'll keep trying new titles and finding the fun in each of them.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    Originally posted by joocheese

crappy stupid super boring quests,

Green: Most ridiculous thing I have ever read on mmorpg.com

Hehe... I read that, and thought "Hmmm.. he must be new", then looked at the join date, and yup!

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

While I dont agree with the whole rant of WoW is king and its the best thing since sliced bread, I must say I am on a similar boat, but for me, I played WoW after L2 for many years, and all of the MMOs released since WoW was released have been to put it mildly VERY underwhelming, only game worth a bit of my time recently is TERA and that has only the combat and politics going for it, not much else.

I fear we are probably not gonna see the sort of MMO that has the large appeal and polish of WoW as it had back in the day. It doesnt matter if they are completely different mechanics and something fresh, just anything new and innovative that companies try to bluetack on top of their WoW clone just ends up being a rotten apple with a shinny skin.

My hopes today for an MMO are probably on ArchAge hopefully that will deliver a different experience with room for everyone to enjoy, the whole "they need to target the hardcore", "they need to target the casual", "they need to target people who like FFA" is all bollocks, I want a game where everyone can exist and enjoy. So I can enjoy different aspects and experiences when I am bored.

Ops title

After years in wow all other mmo's just sucks

Well i am sick of that.   <snip>   Enjoy playing what ever you play--But do not forget who is the king :)

I'm not sure of the goal of his post

He says he's sick of WOW being the best but dont forget who is king ?

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

Well i am sick of that. There is not one single game (excpt Eve)  with even a little piece of quality from wow.

Very much agree.

EQ-Fast paced chicken running mmo

What?

Your King is a dead corpse anyway.

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514

i hate to admit but i also left wow for like 7 times now .everytime i told myself that this new game will beat wow and i will be happy with that game .but no , every other game i have played failed to keep me interested . i had to go back to wow . and with new scroll of resurrection offer i was compelled to play wow again .

Originally posted by lotaparty

i hate to admit but i also left wow for like 7 times now .everytime i told myself that this new game will beat wow and i will be happy with that game .but no , every other game i have played failed to keep me interested . i had to go back to wow . and with new scroll of resurrection offer i was compelled to play wow again .

ive left WOW many times too but I doubt you left WOW for new games each time you left

-- its easy to get sick of any game, especially WOW heh

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by Stizzled
    Originally posted by Kuinn

Edit: Dont you think that the fact people leave these new games during the free month is no indication at all to the devs and other companiens that they are doing it wrong, even if I buy the game? Not buying at all might signal that I'm not interested in mmorpgs at all and am done with them. Buying but quickly leaving should singnal that I'm interested in the "genre" but the game is crap.

Honestly, no I don't. These games are designed to only hold your attention for a few weeks, which is why they do exactly that. They're designed with a limited scope to keep costs down (except for SWTOR, but we all know that most of the money went into voiceovers, the amount of money put forward the actual game was most likely on par with other MMOs). They do this so that they can reach the break even point, and even farther into pure profit , just on the first month of box sales.

To ensure that this happens they get the hype train rolling years before release, this however is more the fault of stary-eyed fans than the devs. Often the best part of the game is the very beginning, which they make sure is very polished and fun. This is what people get to experience in limited 'weekend betas'. Those in the ongoing closed betas often raise concerns, but are easily drowned out masses of people (who have played very little of the game) proclaiming that they're all wrong and the game is perfect. It's really quite elegant how it all works.

Anyways, back to the point, no you buying the game and then canceling your sub does not signal to them that your disatisfied with their product or the direction that the genre is going. All it signals to them is that they did their job right; another WoW-clone was the right decision. They have your money and are now looking forward to their next "cash grab". Anything after that (sub, expacs) is a bonus to them.

The only way to get through to them is to just not buy it, don't give them any money. Vote with your wallet and just maybe the industry will change. Keep on buying every new MMO that comes out hoping that it might give a week or two of fun and that's exactly what your going to keep getting.

If you absolutely have to scratch your MMO itch, just do what I've been doing for years now. Play nothing but F2P MMOs, they offer the same thing that these new MMOs do, a few weeks of mindless fun. They come with the added bonus of costing nothing, the moment im not having anymore fun I can just drop it, without having spent a dime. If it's been a while and I can't remember why I quit playing and I'm toying with the idea of giving it another go, I can. I just load it up and remember, again without having to put any money into it.

I dont believe that these devs are fine even before the game goes live with the fact that their game will be empty in two months. They are making WoW clones because they would like to get share of the WoW pie, a pie that makes money for Activision year after year. I honestly believe that many of these cloning companies actually think that their minimal twist to game mechanics and gameplay is going to make a difference and they will get ongoing population of satisfied players.

If people all of a sudden start voting with their wallets and no one buys mmo's anymore, all that would happen is WoW would keep kicking because there would be no alternatives at all, and investors would bury the whole genre since obviously no one buys mmo's anymore. I dont want to see this genre to degenerate into something that squeezes out a Xzyon per year and nothing more, I'd rather just hope that companies will "get it" and try different approaches, and honestly we are getting there. There's many mmo's coming that acutally does stuff differently. It's a fact, the mmo space has never looked better than what it looks like for the end of this year and a few years forth if nothing huge will happen.

I'm not sure how many of these games are going to be actual mmorpgs but a bunch will be. GW2, everyone knows what's up, and it breaks the WoW pattern in many areas. Firefall, will it be mmo? At least it's different and looks like mmoish. Heck, Neverwinter looks good, I dont know how big it will be, but the gameplay looked fun and definately not WoW. Planetside 2? Not sure how mmo it is vs. just a multiplayer shooter, but it could potentially be a long term commitment and fun. TES online looks promising too imo even if it's very WoWish because it actually has 3 factions and if it will have world pvp, somethign that WoW certainly does not have, it could be tons of fun. What about WoD? ArcheAge? Hope it's coming to NA and EU. None of these games are lobby idle queue standarounders like WoW is.

There's yet hope without going into mmo-strike, because there's a bunch of companies acknowledging the fact that close copies of WoW does not keep players playing.

This discussion has been closed.