Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars 1313 officially announced

Comments

• RaijukinRaijukin Member Posts: 63
    Originally posted by UOvet

Wouldn't mind a Jedi Knight game again. I really enjoyed those games..and it's been a long time. I imagine they could make it pretty cool today. Wouldn't mind seeing a little 50v50 action w/ Jedi, be cool if they even added different "classes".

You are looking for this      http://www.moviebattles.com/

ALso a bounty hunter game with boba fett...didnt they do this already?

http://www.gamespot.com/star-wars-bounty-hunter/

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Three things cross my mind about this Star Wars 1313 announcement.

1.  Star Wars games for many years now, on average, have been utter ****.

2.  Lucasarts has fallen a long way from the glory days of the 1990s.  That ended with their series of **** games to capitalize on TPM's release.

3.  I no longer look at the announcement of a new Star Wars game with excitement like I did in the 1990s.  I now think of, "How many new ways are they going to rape Star Wars even more now?"

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Okay... just saw gameplay from Star Wars 1313... this is the Star Wars I've been waiting for.  They mentioned they developed the demo on PC taking advantage of nVidias badassery (i'm slightly paraphrasing) so that's good news :)

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594

Well atleast it doesn't have EA to screw it up.

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    Originally posted by Ecoces

bah i was really hoping that with the success of Skyrim it would be an open world non linear RPG.

Thats exactly what I would of wished for.  I guess mainly because thats always the type of game I go straight for.  I hate linear crap.  Hate it.  I rarely go in for linear stuff if ever. 

I have a feeling this may just be The Force Unleashed (played it and hated it.  Guess why) but instead this time there's a bounty hunter instead of some force weilding dork.  

I would have gone for a nice open world RPG for sure, or I would have more than settled for an open world Action/Adventure twitch based something or other.  But anything linear?  I just wish games would stop doing that. 

Regarding Star Wars games, Kotor was well....open world enough and players loved them and they sold well.  So what ever possessed them to release something like The Force Unleashed???  Why?  Why take a step backward?

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594
    Originally posted by Corehaven

bah i was really hoping that with the success of Skyrim it would be an open world non linear RPG.

Thats exactly what I would of wished for.  I guess mainly because thats always the type of game I go straight for.  I hate linear crap.  Hate it.  I rarely go in for linear stuff if ever. 

I have a feeling this may just be The Force Unleashed (played it and hated it.  Guess why) but instead this time there's a bounty hunter instead of some force weilding dork.  

I would have gone for a nice open world RPG for sure, or I would have more than settled for an open world Action/Adventure twitch based something or other.  But anything linear?  I just wish games would stop doing that. 

Regarding Star Wars games, Kotor was well....open world enough and players loved them and they sold well.  So what ever possessed them to release something like The Force Unleashed???  Why?  Why take a step backward?

I don't mind a linear game now and then but I really REALLY wish they would make them longer then like 6 hour and then expect me to play it like 6 times to get my money worth...  I miss when shooters were long games...

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384
    Originally posted by Konfess

I don't think I'm making too much of a jump to conclusion here when I say Star Wars : Assassin's Creed :1313. You're playing as a renowned Star Wars Bounty Hunter in the most treacherous levels of Coruscant. Hunt the target, take down the target, get your reward. Sounds familiar to me.

Ya, sounds an awful lot like star wars bounty hunter, which came out in 2002.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

This is probably in conjuncion with the tv show they wer emaking.  It was suppose to focus on  the dark underworld of star wars.  

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    Originally posted by Distopia

Some game-play footage.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-star-wars/731125

AHHHHHhhhhh!   I see what they are doing. 

They are emulating Drakes Fortune.   Entirely.  Its Drakes Fortune + Star Wars.  I get it. 

Well we'll see how that goes. 

They were hiring for one, so there is still some hope, it would be nice if LA does release that project while keeping with this new mature setting as well as look, not to mention era.  to quote them from something I read earlier "For the older fans". They also said this (1313) is only one of the projects they have in development.

Some game-play footage.

AHHHHHhhhhh!   I see what they are doing. 

They are emulating Drakes Fortune.   Entirely.  Its Drakes Fortune + Star Wars.  I get it. 

Well we'll see how that goes. 

The combat segment reminded me of Rebel Assualt, lol.

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

That's not a game, that's a CG movie where people push buttons in a specific sequence to continue watching the movie. Looks like crap.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Is this a "Pres F for action!" game? image

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

Honestly the trailer demo for 1313 looks a hell of a lot more appealing to me to play for some Star Wars action then the last abortion LA released, sweater.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

Reminds me of ME3

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Originally posted by GreenHell

Reminds me of ME3

Lets hope that is as fun as me1 and or 2 and doesnt suffer the same failings of what bioware currently is

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

No Jedi?

I'm mildly intrigued.

Maybe it's time to dig out the Star Wars fanboy again, that I sued to be before I got buried in Star Wars Bantha Poodoo of Jedaii gods and clonewar crap.

imageThe last of the Trackers

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Uncharted: Star Wars 1313

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Looks like an action-adventure perhaps in the same style as "Space Marine".

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I was surprised by the gameplay footage. Granted they are just small snippets but it's looking very atmospheric.

Originally posted by wolfmann

No Jedi?

I'm mildly intrigued.

Maybe it's time to dig out the Star Wars fanboy again, that I sued to be before I got buried in Star Wars Bantha Poodoo of Jedaii gods and clonewar crap.

Yeah the setting alone has been enough to tweak my interest in it's favor a bit, I'm not a huge fan of actiony games like uncharted though, but I'll at least give a demo a spin.

• Iced0verIced0ver Member Posts: 49

Some game-play footage.

Looks like Mass Effect meets Assassins Creed, set in Star Wars. Awesome.

Gonna have to upgrade those two aging 5850's I have.

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307
    Originally posted by firefly2003

Be nice if it was Battlefront III.....

Yeah it would be but it won't. Hopefully there will be multiplayer in this game though. 

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Sry for the necro, the most recent thread that popped up from search and dont want to open a new thread for it.

I wonder how much if any of this is true and is even possible.
    Phry
This discussion has been closed.