Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release info

NeoCroX997NeoCroX997 Member UncommonPosts: 28

Hi I saw a video about this game and people trying the beta. While I watched the video about the event and I think one of the interviewers told something about releasing, closed beta 12/2012. I managed to find a video event for the game where they also peaks from gameplay from other people playing. From what they say, it should be one of the best ancient kungfu mmorpg. They made it to honor china´s kungfu culture, and to stand up against WoW. You can learn from 8 martial art  schools and combine the techniques as you want, costumize skills for personal choice. You dont have lvl I think he said, instead you have skills you learn. Advanced fighting style where you can change your fighting style anytime to surprise the oppenent. The game will have a "Hidden dragon, Crouching tiger" Feel. You can actually get skills as: Waterwalking, Wallrun, Superjump etc. It should be stuffed with possibilities and activities. But something about people buying activation codes before the release and that combined with the date for release info was told. But Im not sure if it is going to be free to play, since it says free here, or it is going to be free to download, then buy serial code to unlock it. It is a bit unclear for me. Well :) But I  think the game looks awsome. I love fighting games.

Here I found the video for you about the game. It is 15 min long. And when you watch the video don´t think you are a gaming nerd until you hear the girl saying. " I have ordered 400 activation codes for my guild" hehe , Enjoy

Closed beta 12/2012, then open beta(?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2IUQqqozc8

Comments

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Yea, clearly to each their own, but I seriously doubt you'll find a huge following here when this is the VERY game that one guy spent $16K to BUY that silly sword.  P2W much?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/337368

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

The Chinese closed beta starts this Wednesday June 6th and from what I hear you do not need an activation code to play it.

MMOsite.com has a thread on how to set up an account if you dont mind playing the game in chinese and not english.

http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/263/20120529/Age_of_Wulin_Test_Server_Open_for_12_hours_on_30th_May-4fc4770145741c813-1.html

• NeoCroX997NeoCroX997 Member UncommonPosts: 28

Well lets just hope they will also aim for the english version of the game later on, since they want to beat one of the biggest oppenent, WoW. Since noone really have succeded yet, but then still there are SWTOR and guild wars 2. If they have any chance to beat those I mean they should have an english version too. It´s just so funny that 30% of chinese people are addicted to games. So if you count how many they are and what 30% of that is, the numbers speaks for itself. English version of the game is not a doubt if they want to spread the game world wide. It looks so great, so far. I have tried many mmorpg with ancient china aspects. This game seems be far better than all of them I have tried. Well for the closed beta I assume you must live in china since they only do it in their country. Open beta I assume will not be on us after 2012, Since the "real closed beta" Starts in december.

PS. Just to those who wonder what is the differencce between age of wushu and age of wulin. It is completely the same game. Age of wulin is from Gpotato and Age of wushu is under snail games, though it is snail games USA devoloping it.

• NeoCroX997NeoCroX997 Member UncommonPosts: 28

haha yes I wouldnt spend that much for a sword. It just seems they so much more into the gaming. Though china is a rich country by now. It wouldnt surprise me if they will continue to devolping games. This game could bring Snail games into the world market if it succeds well. Well we dont mind after what we see here, do we? On the event on the video you can see the queue line of people. Then you will get a feeling how popular this game is, and many addict this game how to beat WoW. But the most important about this game, is to honor the chinese aspects of their culture past times. Interesting game, but so little attention to the game on this site. I dont want to take any haste conclusions, but if it brings out what I hear it should beat most of the Free To Play mmorpg out there and even some Pay To Play. But we simply dont know it yet, we can only imagine. Though this game has great potiental, many great ideas, very open gameplay with many choices, personal choices, awsome graphics. What more do you need ? My personal MMORPG expertise, if you can call it that(lol) reach almost 4-5 years and I have tried all huge games. And Most of the FTP games on this site. We cant run away from Guild wars 2 is on my wish list :) Though I didnt get the beta code for it , bummer.