Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to play the NA version of Aion

NexozableNexozable Member Posts: 2

Gamerfirst to my understanding hasn't really been doing a good job with the European version of Aion and the NA version of the game looks more appealing to me since I'll be able to create more than 2 characters without having to throw money at the screen for a game which I don't think is worth paying a monthly fee for.

Anyway, I'm wondering if it'll be possible to play the North American version of Aion in Europe?

:D THANKS MANGZ.

Comments

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313

Yes, you can. That's exactly what I'm doing. NCSoft are quite happy for you to do this. Make sure you download the correct client. Best way is to use NCSoft's launcher. If you have any problems just set it to NA as well. You'll need to set up an account on NCSoft NA. Apart from a slight latency every now and then I've had no issues at all.

• NexozableNexozable Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by korat102

Yes, you can. That's exactly what I'm doing. NCSoft are quite happy for you to do this. Make sure you download the correct client. Best way is to use NCSoft's launcher. If you have any problems just set it to NA as well. You'll need to set up an account on NCSoft NA. Apart from a slight latency every now and then I've had no issues at all.

Awesome,

least I won't have to worry about wasting my time downloading the game to find out I can't play it.

Thanks for the fast respone!

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313

Oh yes, almost forgot. NCSoft's launcher uses that Pando Media 'Booster' as a default (or at least it did last time I used it). I thought I read somewhere that it allows you to turn Pando off now but I've not found that option. I disabled the P2P (Pando) by fiddling with the setup files...ahem...

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Originally posted by Nexozable

Gamerfirst to my understanding hasn't really been doing a good job with the European version of Aion and the NA version of the game looks more appealing to me since I'll be able to create more than 2 characters without having to throw money at the screen for a game which I don't think is worth paying a monthly fee for.

Anyway, I'm wondering if it'll be possible to play the North American version of Aion in Europe?

:D THANKS MANGZ.

its gameforge not gamerfirst

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by korat102

Oh yes, almost forgot. NCSoft's launcher uses that Pando Media 'Booster' as a default (or at least it did last time I used it). I thought I read somewhere that it allows you to turn Pando off now but I've not found that option. I disabled the P2P (Pando) by fiddling with the setup files...ahem...

Install Pando. Download game. Uninstall Pando.  It's a non-issue really.