Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Orders

sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

A few people have posted that, they are recieving beta keys from amazon, not the people who Pre-Purchased but rather Pre-Ordered.

So for the ones who did might wanna check your mail over the coming week.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

Comments

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I already pre-purchased from Arenanet, but I also had an olf pre-order still active with Amazon. I got the email, entered the code and got a beta invite and three day head start access, but no Hero's Band.

It's possible Amazon worked this out special with Arenanet, but it's also possible that Arenanet may expand beta access and 3day head start to pre-orders, reserving the Hero's Band for pre-purchases? If so, that's a big expansion of BWE access. Curious to see if there is a new Arenanet announcement today on pre-orders.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

You know its great they did this, because the rants about OMG you have to pre purchase to get beta will stop hopefully and also they have been giving out keys this beta which is also a relief because those rants will stop also.

They want people to experience the game and they are heading for the right direction. I am very happy they did this because I was pretty much getting annoyed with people making silly posts knowing that anet will offer beta like everyone else.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• megera23megera23 Member UncommonPosts: 239

Something's not completely right with the situation. Either Amazon screwed up or Rubi isn't quite up to date. Keep your eyes open guys.

From twitter:

Stemi@Girthmatron

@GuildWars2 is it true that pre-orders get beta access? Bit of a slap in the face to pre-purchasers don't you think?

@girthmatron No, pre-orders get one day headstart access at launch, that's all. ~RB2 #GW2

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

I guess people working for ArenaNet has no clue as to what is going on within the company :P

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

What I DO remember is that Amazon clearly said their system cannot POSSIBLY do pre-purchase.  But maybe their offering it to older preorders as a nice way to make up for it?  Who knows, honestly.

Originally posted by Searias

I guess people working for ArenaNet has no clue as to what is going on within the company :P

There has been miscommunication before, so it's a quite possible scenario. ;)

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

Retailers didn't give a sh*t about what ArenaNet planned since two weeks before official start of pre-purchase. That Amazon wants a piece of the cake is not suprising.

Though it's important to know which Amazon we are talking about.

Amazon.fr  does everything, including collector's edition. Amazon.de does only sell normal editions, because they just set the release date to April, 10th and treated it like it was out. As you do not recieve anything beyond the pre-purchase box here in Europe, thats perfectly fine.

Not sure what other Amazon stores, especially in the US, did.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

In some cases retailers upgraded a pre-order to a pre-purchase as soon as the complete amount was payed to help players who accidentally ordered the wrong one yet still payed in full.

Maybe Amazon tried to automate that but accidentally included many or all pre-orders?

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

I think Amazon was knocked off the pre-purchase retailers list, so they probably don't even have beta keys.

Originally posted by megera23

Something's not completely right with the situation. Either Amazon screwed up or Rubi isn't quite up to date. Keep your eyes open guys.

From twitter:

Stemi@Girthmatron

@GuildWars2 is it true that pre-orders get beta access? Bit of a slap in the face to pre-purchasers don't you think?

@girthmatron No, pre-orders get one day headstart access at launch, that's all. ~RB2 #GW2

When dealing with the GW2 Twitter, the most reliable posters are MK (Martin) and RB (Regina). At least one of the others have made mistakes and contradictions in the past, so I take anything from someone other than MK or RB with a grain of salt. (RB2 is Rubi, not Regina). [edited details, I don't want to seem like I'm picking on anyone].

On a side note, Arenanet confirmed on the blog that they doubled the number of servers for BWE2, so I'm guessing they want to make sure they fill them. Also, since Amazon US is not a pre-purchase partner, only a pre-order partner, I would think it's pretty certain that Arenanet not only gave them keys good for beta for pre-orders, but gave them the details to publish along with the keys detailing the benefits.

Hopefully Martin or Regina will find out exactly what's going on with Amazon and tweet the details sometime today.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• Outkast22Outkast22 Member Posts: 51

Got mine, wasn't expecting this at all.

Thanks for the heads up!

Originally posted by fiontar
    Originally posted by megera23

When dealing with the GW2 Twitter, the most reliable posters are MK (Martin) and RB (Regina). At least one of the others have made mistakes and contradictions in the past, so I take anything from someone other than MK or RB with a grain of salt. (RB2 is Rubi, not Regina). [edited details, I don't want to seem like I'm picking on anyone].

On a side note, Arenanet confirmed on the blog that they doubled the number of servers for BWE2, so I'm guessing they want to make sure they fill them. Also, since Amazon US is not a pre-purchase partner, only a pre-order partner, I would think it's pretty certain that Arenanet not only gave them keys good for beta for pre-orders, but gave them the details to publish along with the keys detailing the benefits.

Hopefully Martin or Regina will find out exactly what's going on with Amazon and tweet the details sometime today.

I remember Regina giving out misinformation at least once as well (When she told us there will be other modes beside conquest in sPvP). Anyway, I still think it's good for everyone to know, if Arenanet decide to change the status of the accounts purchased with the keys given away to Amazon (I imagine that this is quite possible). While I'd love the game to get a lot of exposure during the BWE, it will suck immensely if  that doesn't turn out to be the case or if Arenanet let people play in the beta, but they end up getting only 1 day head-start instead of the 3 days promised by Amazon.

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

I wouldn't put too much trust into tweets anyway.

Amazon is still giving out keys and other than the generalized reply from Rubi on twitter earlier today, they just will not respond to questions about Amazon keys.

Anyone in the US not ready to just pre-purchase, but wanting to get into the event this weekend, might want to consider the Amazon pre-order while they are still giving out the keys. I can imagine Arenanet asking Amazon to suspend key distribution if it was in error, but I doubt they will cancel keys already distributed, since Amazon is an authorized partner and they have to have gotten these keys from NCSoft/Arenanet for pre-order customers. (Amazon US doesn't offer pre-sales).

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604

Thanks for the heads up. The pre-order now clearly states you have access to the beta weekend events and 3 day headstart.

I can't believe this game is nearly here.

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894
    Originally posted by Tekaelon

I can't believe this game is nearly here.

Like Google Fiber, it can't come soon enough.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by Ikeda

What I DO remember is that Amazon clearly said their system cannot POSSIBLY do pre-purchase.  But maybe their offering it to older preorders as a nice way to make up for it?  Who knows, honestly.

I don't know which lands amazon are you talking about (the USA one I guess?) but the german amazon had informed me that they will have a version WITH beta access after I had preordered the "standard edition" months ago.

Then they had changed the Standard Edition to "Standard Edition without Beta" and had the prepurchase one as "Standard Edition with Beta".

So I cancelled my previous and prepurchased.

They sent me my package (actually a box with the code in it only) at the 7th April already. ^_^

So a prepurchase from the German Amazon was possible but limited cause after a few days it was sold out already.