Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion is 1 of the best mmorpg ever

Lord_AthonLord_Athon Member UncommonPosts: 165

If Ncsoft didnt made some mistakes with the problem of "politics" (pvp items and other), and AION would of corse be the best mmorpg made at the moment.

Even after recent titles out. Who played hard, knows it's a great game, pve and pvp.

I still dont understand, as an eu player, why NCSOFT delivers this great game to a publisher who is publishing TERA at the moment. Sorry guys but i cant understand that. Or, as my friend Jabas said: NCs knows what they are doing; or really something is wrong with NCSoftWorld. I hope Jab is wright, im a believer but...

This thread is all about the lost time of the 3.0 patch, as i said im a beliver, maybe 1 day we, in europe, have that strange thing.

Sorry about the title of the tread... (critics go PM ty)

Comments

• beyondredxbeyondredx Member Posts: 7

I'm on the NA server and all I can say is Aion is really good game, anything NCSOFT brings to mmorpg market is normally really good. Tera is alot like Aion and well Aion trumps it, Tera's combat system is crap, I feel I have more control over my combat in Aion then I do in Tera..

• Lord_AthonLord_Athon Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Originally posted by beyondredx

I'm on the NA server and all I can say is Aion is really good game, anything NCSOFT brings to mmorpg market is normally really good. Tera is alot like Aion and well Aion trumps it, Tera's combat system is crap, I feel I have more control over my combat in Aion then I do in Tera..

I agree about the quality of NCs products, normally are excelent, but thats my opinion.

About the combat system, it's your opinion, the way you like to play. I'm not saying Tera is bad, it's great too, the combat system, in my opinion is cute. And with a warrior, it's fun fun fun. ^-^

• pdq2004pdq2004 Member UncommonPosts: 37

I also think that Aion is a great game. I finally got into it and after learning how to play it have found it to be such an interesting mmo. There are so many nice features and virtually all of the others I have encountered have been great with the support. If you aren't playing this game, you are missing out on a truly enjoyable experience. It's free so you have nothing to lose by trying it. Come join us!

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326

There are lots of reasons why I'm not going to say that Aion is a "great" game, but I am playing it instead of anything else for the time being. It's sure a lot better now then it was at the first server merge when I originally quit.

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744

I always thought Aion was a pretty good game, it's a bit grindy at points, but hell what mmo isn't?

• MMOSavantMMOSavant Member Posts: 170

I'm installing it now so I hope you guys are right...

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

I couldn't personally stomach AION. It's essentially WoW mixed with Lineage II graphics. 

Everyone I personally know whom tried Aion pretty much reiterates that same statement and hasn't tried it since the open beta or launch retail.

~~Sorry if you disagree with my opinion.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

I couldn't personally stomach AION. It's essentially WoW mixed with Lineage II graphics. 

Everyone I personally know whom tried Aion pretty much reiterates that same statement and hasn't tried it since the open beta or launch retail.

In red = the problem with the belief that you and your freinds hold. i actually think the game was better in many ways back in 2.0 when the game released (i miss rifting before the rift nerf), but its 3.0 now and much has changed including the graphics engine (which you have to enable in the options menu for the high quality version). Aion is possibly the 2nd most graphicly advanced game out atm (behind tera of course and only out of the games currently in retail). As for WoW comparisons, its a stretch that would have to include almost all mmo's as Aion does have alot of features WoW does not. The rifts in Aion where unique to it. And 3.0 came out introducing player housing which i dont think WoW has, but i could be wrong.

• Faires6Faires6 Member Posts: 14

In my sight Aion IS a great MMO!! In My opinion even better than WoW but yea...

Aion is one of the more important MMO'S of the years '11 and '12

Aion for ever <3 ^w^

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

I use to play, I enjoyed it, however I can't remember my account information and they don't have the easiest of retrieval methods.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

I respect your opinion, but I believe it is outdated.  At this point about the only thing WoW and AION have in common is that they are both MMO's.  People really need to quit refering everyhting back to wow.  Anyway, I digress the point being since the last time you have played there have been significant changes, and it is worth another look (hell its free).  I recently gave it another shot and was pretty impressed.  Still not a great game imo, but a nice distraction until something better comes along.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

Originally posted by Betaguy

I use to play, I enjoyed it, however I can't remember my account information and they don't have the easiest of retrieval methods.

But now it's free... :) you can reload all again in a new account.

Net issues. Doubled my post

• ZoterixZoterix Member Posts: 20

Can anyone expalin me how I can play this in Europe with the free to play model, that not limits your chat options, trading etc ? I m very very confused with this, because I heard 1 version is still the old limited crap, 2 version its not, had new F2P system etc, but it was I think only for NA version of the game, also when I check the google I get 2 sites (NA and EU) so when it comes to europe or WTF is going on with this game ?

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313

EU version is run by Gameforge and is some way behind the US version (run by NCSoft) regarding updates.

I'm in the UK. I had problems registering with Gameforge so I just popped over to the NA servers and have had no problems. Slight latency might be an issue if you intend to PvP with an assasin for instance but otherwise, it's been fine.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

How is the pet system and housing? I recently started back playing Aion and so far having fun.