Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Matt Higby and TotalBiscuit talk PS2

AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

Comments

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Okay this needs many, many more replies.

Fkin awesome stream and me wants in game NOW! I love so much about this it's not funny.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Didt have time to watch it all right now, but damn there is a lot of stuff in that cert tree. That is awesome.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

Most of the upgrades being sidegreades, having trade-offs for stuff you equip and, as far as they say, having a F2P system similar to LoLs are all positives in my book.

• Half_Man_Half_ToonHalf_Man_Half_Toon Member Posts: 156

this game looks awsome and I wonder why is this game not known yet lol?

Originally posted by chelao

I'd say it is known. Not as much as others, but that might be due to the fact that it is still in alpha, so there hasn't been a lot of info on it so far.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269
    Originally posted by AvatarBlade

I'd say it is known. Not as much as others, but that might be due to the fact that it is still in alpha, so there hasn't been a lot of info on it so far.

Soon to be Beta :)

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

this game has the chance of breaking records and bring console gamers like MW3 and BF3 to the MMO and that will be big for planet side 2 if they can do that they will have lots of $

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

I recall a tweet by Smedley about PS2 at E3 this year and a 'big reveal' about it.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by jpnz

I recall a tweet by Smedley about PS2 at E3 this year and a 'big reveal' about it.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER!

I am aware that was Kaz that said ridge racer, but its sony and I like to laugh at them any chance i get.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Good to get more information on this one.. Anticipation building..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

Originally posted by jpnz

I am going to E3 with my sister and brother I live 2 hours from ther :) this will be my first.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

There has been a ton of info on the game. I can't think of another game dev that has released as much info as this Planetside 2 team has this early in development.

Seriously, they have pretty much given us everything there is to know about the game at this point, and it's still in alpha!

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

That actually put some of my fears to rest. I was underwhelmed when I heard there was a class system in PS2 but it isn't like your typical fantasy MMO class system. It seems to be more about roles and there's no restriction to the number of certs so you don't get locked into a class or role. That was the only thing I was worried about.

Well worth watching. Very impressive in both looks and scale.

Now if they've just gotten rid of that horrible cone of fire from PS ... hmm. If done right this could drag me away from GW2.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065
    Originally posted by jmcdermottuk

That actually put some of my fears to rest. I was underwhelmed when I heard there was a class system in PS2 but it isn't like your typical fantasy MMO class system. It seems to be more about roles and there's no restriction to the number of certs so you don't get locked into a class or role. That was the only thing I was worried about.

Now if they've just gotten rid of that horrible cone of fire from PS ... hmm. If done right this could drag me away from GW2.

And why does it have to pull you away from GW2. I myself plan to play GW2 as my sole MMORPG and Planetside 2 as my sole MMOFPS. Won't be wasting my time with other stuff like TSW and Dust 514.

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Originally posted by Master10K

And why does it have to pull you away from GW2. I myself plan to play GW2 as my sole MMORPG and Planetside 2 as my sole MMOFPS. Won't be wasting my time with other stuff like TSW and Dust 514.

Time. If PS2 is done right I'll spend quite a bit of time playing it. I may not have time to play both. I won't know for sure until I get to try them but I don't have time to commit fully to more than 1 MMO, realistically.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Time. If PS2 is done right I'll spend quite a bit of time playing it. I may not have time to play both. I won't know for sure until I get to try them but I don't have time to commit fully to more than 1 MMO, realistically.

True, you do have a point, however GW2 is Buy to Play and PS2 is Free to Play, which makes them both perfect to alternate between. Simply play one for a bit, get bored, then play the other for a bit and do that until GW3 and PS3 comes out. image

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

True, you do have a point, however GW2 is Buy to Play and PS2 is Free to Play, which makes them both perfect to alternate between. Simply play one for a bit, get bored, then play the other for a bit and do that until GW3 and PS3 comes out. image

Lol, may we all soon be faced with the stressfull decision of which awesome MMO to allocate our scarce gameplay-time to image

As it is, I can barely muster the enthusiasm to login to the game I'm currently playing. I should just resub to EVE I guess, but I've not quite had a long enough break from EVE yet...

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

im also gonna be playing GW2 and PS2 this year, probably nothing else. BF3, Dota2 and all Blizzard games will disappear from my hd.

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152
    Originally posted by sonoggi

im also gonna be playing GW2 and PS2 this year, probably nothing else. BF3, Dota2 and all Blizzard games will disappear from my hd.

Thats exactly what I did, I kinda miss the whole BF series, but all of my blizzard games are gone for good. I will be playing GW2 and PS2 or wait untill WoD.

This is great info from the OP, but I am still a bit scared of PS2, the F2P scares me. Im not looking for a sub, and I dont mean to derail the topic, just sayin.

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

<double post>

Originally posted by Adalwulff
    Originally posted by sonoggi

Thats exactly what I did, I kinda miss the whole BF series, but all of my blizzard games are gone for good. I will be playing GW2 and PS2 or wait untill WoD.

This is great info from the OP, but I am still a bit scared of PS2, the F2P scares me. Im not looking for a sub, and I dont mean to derail the topic, just sayin.

Was watching the livestream TB is doing and from what they said, everything is unlockable by ingame means. CS only stuff will basically be XP boosts and different skins for vehicles, weapons and character.