Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Witcher devs to develop cyberpunk

monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

Found this article today.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/30/cd-projekt-red-announces-cyberpunk

Don't know about any of you, but this is very exciting. We all love Witcher for it's adult content and play style and to have that theme played out in a Blade Runner/Gibson style environment just made this my new must watch game. Hopefully we will get more at E3!

Comments

• StrangeEyesStrangeEyes Member Posts: 119

Solved your URL problem:)

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/30/cd-projekt-red-announces-cyberpunk

Oh you just changed it yourself lol.

Im also fan becouse there very strong ANTI DRM:)

CPU:Intel Core i7-3770K 4GHz
    GPU:ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II TOP
    MB:ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE
    Case:Cooler Master HAF X
    RAM:Corsair 16GB 1600
    PSU:Corsair gold 850
    HD:SSD OCZ 256 GB vertex4

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Woot, Cyberpunk!

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Great news !!!

Hope they make great game.

Besides more power to devs which don't try to milk consumers with dozens of DLC's and micro-transaction's + make gamers experience more annoying by putting DRM's.

Really that's rare nowadays. Especially in quality non-indie titles.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Glad to hear it'll be more RPG oriented rather than a shooter. I think the last Cyberpunk game I truly enjoyed was Neocron 2.

Looking forward to it.

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

So, is this a non-MMO.

Sorry, I did not see info on that part.

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

• DarthtriggerDarthtrigger Member UncommonPosts: 15

Sounds interesting indeed.....maybe there running on the heels of the greatest cyberpunk rpgs ever made.

Soon to be remade.  Shadowrun ftw

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns?ref=live

• zhombiezhombie Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Originally posted by Darthtrigger

Sounds interesting indeed.....maybe there running on the heels of the greatest cyberpunk rpgs ever made

Got me all excited there for a second when I thought you might be referring to Cyberpunk 2020!

Reading the OP's article makes me happy though to see this. I like my cyberpunk sci-fi closer to Gibson and PK Dick.

___________~____________
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Hmm this is probably the last company that still has my full trust. I'm not so much into cyberpunk anymore since I gave up on Shadowrun as a teenager.

However giving this game a chance seems fair.

Harbinger of Fools
  • ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

I hope not because Witcher 2 sucked compared to 1.

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

Thats some seriously good news. Far too few worthwhile cyberpunk games around.

Edit: Bleeh - cyber not steam :)

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Awesome stuff. I played that tabletop rpg as a kid, loved the setting. Hope that the video game can do it justice.

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

Huge Cyberpunk fan, have the first 9 Shadowrun novels, all the William Gibson novels. Hope to get them signed some day. Most if not all of the cyberpunk style RPG manuals. In the past so many cyberpunk games were made into fps, and I always cried, Why?!

On a second note DRM is meant to fight piracy of games. Cd Projekt may not have a DRM strategy, but that doesn’t mean they are not considering one some day. Right now they only gamer tolerated form of DRM are consoles. And that is all consoles are, DRM. PG game prices have climbed over my lifetime from $15 to $60. Without DRM I expect to see $90+ in the future. More likely PC games will shift to keyboard & mouse equipped consoles.

Your cheers for anti-DRM are nothing more than cheers for piracy and the end of PC gaming. Oh there will always be PC gaming.  But it will only be of the pokemon, my little pony, and hello kitty kind, without DRM. Someday the last non DRM mature rated game will be made for the PC, I predict that day is coming.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by zhombie
    Originally posted by Darthtrigger

Sounds interesting indeed.....maybe there running on the heels of the greatest cyberpunk rpgs ever made

Got me all excited there for a second when I thought you might be referring to Cyberpunk 2020!

Reading the OP's article makes me happy though to see this. I like my cyberpunk sci-fi closer to Gibson and PK Dick.

Intresting thing is it is Cyperpunk, not sure which version, but not just cyperpunk ;D

I do like the way they are doing their bussiness. I just hope they find publisher who don't force the crap on them this time. Like DRM-free disk-version and no regional pricing...

• Ashen_XAshen_X Member Posts: 363

I loved the Cyberpunk pen and paper game, and am a huge fan of the genre. I look forward to seeing what this developer can do with it.

When all has been said and done, more will have been said than done.