Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can't say the game is bad

SalmonSaladSalmonSalad Member Posts: 14

I can't say the game is bad because that would be negative.

I can't say the game is good.

I can't say that I would recommend you buy this game.

I like peanutbutter, warm sunny days, and pink elephants. I hope that is positive enough for you.

Comments

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I like big titties and shotguns.

I hope that is positive enough as well. Hopefully someone will get the movie reference =)

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Originally posted by SalmonSalad

I can't say the game is bad because that would be negative.

I can't say the game is good.

I can't say that I would recommend you buy this game.

I like peanutbutter, warm sunny days, and pink elephants. I hope that is positive enough for you.

That's silly, of course you can say the game is bad if you want. But to avoid being a troll, just don't do a drive by trolling. Say why you don't like the game.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

If you have a vaild reason to say something is bad go ahead, if you just say its bad w/o any reason or good ones i guess than don't bother.

• zspawnzspawn Member Posts: 410

Here I'll help... !

I gave away my TERA for the following reasons:

* I tried liking the style - I didn't manage, at best i was just ok with it - This did not break the game for me however it didn't motivate/excite me either 

* I loved the combat but it only really shines if you play something like a warrior/berserker/slayer/lancer. When I played priest I got bored pretty quickly and felt I was left out of the action and left out of the awesome combat mechanics

* The quests are below average. I read around 40 of them, then stopped. Not even main story is remotely interesting, not sure if it's a cultural gap thing or just not my taste - Also did not break the game for me but not hyping either.

* Open world PVP - Lets people really show their true colors - Duelling then declaring outlaw to gank you in a cheap way or ofcourse ganking you in numbers of 20 just for the fun of it. I know it's supposed to be fun but it gets old and intrusive very fast - Ofcourse, you can always roll PVE server.  

I did like the GvG idea tho I just wish people were more organised and some rewards were possible.  Deathmatch ? Great idea as a supplement... IF there were other options to PvP first (BG, arena, open world PVP events like Warhammer etc.) - I know they are coming but they were advertised on their site, I paid for them and they ain't there. That's a bummer.

* Crafting - Not enough information for me, couldn't get interested simply because I have no clue how it would affect me. Needs to be more guided at least in the beginning.

*  I wasn't very excited with the crystal system but I would be ok with it when I learned how to use it properly. Not a biggie. However, I would like more customisation not only cosmetically but also talent/spec wise. It's 2012 - A cookie cutter three talent tree WoW copy is a minimum in 2012 for me...Glyphs + crystals is not enough customization for me, sorry.

* A move i consider cheap - One weapon type per class, if you want different looks -> Pay 10$ for skins... Seriously? Didn't like that....Especially so early in the game's release in the EU/NA and considering its high cost/sub.

* That brings me to my next point... Also the most expensive MMO to play in the EU on a monthly basis - You have to pay 6 months in advance to get the samemonthly rate as WoW, RIFT, Champions Online, WAR etc. + 50eur-60eur to buy the game. For example Rift costs around 45eur for the game + 1 free month + 2 month prepaid card...

* I did not like the LFG/matching tool - Takes way too long, doesn't always work even in peak hours..No teleport option to dungeon is a big negative for me. My time is precious, I can't waste it running through mobs + get ganked + camped on my way to a dungeon. If the teleport is in there, I apologise. It never popped up for me!

* Ok the combat is great. No really, it is great, it's fun and smooth and fast and exhilarating. However without more room to explore different options with other weapons or other builds it got old fast. And when you get used to the combat, what you have left is an average MMO just like the rest ouf there. 

To sum it up - I CANNOT CALL IT A BAD GAME.

Cause it is not. It's very polished, it has great graphics, sound, UI, it runs well and features are average now but I hope it will offer what advertised soon enough.

Would I recommend it ? Nope...Never... Why ? Because there are proven MMOs out there which are cheaper to buy + subscribe too with more features implemented. Their populations may not be rocketting but it's more than enough that YOU can play without problems and enjoy everything a game can offer.

I simply cannot recommend a 50-60EUR game with a 15-16EUR/mo subscription for the features and uncertain future it has...

To be honest, I played pretty much everything and I'm still subbed to WoW (due to D3 annual pass offer) and I kinda refuse to go to an MMO that takes me back 5 years feature-wise... You can call it "instant gratification" but I call the LFR, LFG tools and whatever WoW offers at the moment -> TIME SAVING FEATURES - And in our time and age, if you have a demanding schedule, you cannot waste your time to run to dungeons for 20 minutes or PvP for no rewards for 1 hour just for the fun of it (well, I can't, maybe you can !).

As much as the combat takes it forward, the rest of is either already done or a step backward :/

The political system is nice tho, or at least sounds nice...! 

I wish this game stays alive just like other MMOs ofcourse because we all need variety and not ultimatums... But the next big thing it is not...

I'm not even sure a "next big thing" will even exist anymore! :/

• EwanisEwanis Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by zspawn

I simply cannot recommend a 50-60EUR game with a 15-16EUR/mo subscription for the features and uncertain future it has...

Wow thats realy much, where did you buy your game ? I bought mine for 25 euro and yesterday i bought 60 day prepaid for 20 euro.

This discussion has been closed.