Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online devs talk questing and public dungeons

2»

Comments

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Well sorry their not making this game for you.

What game, if any, are you looking forward too?  

I can't stand tera and can't make myself play it anymore after only 4 days lol what a waste of $25. The combat is horrible and hope that no mmo's try to go this route. I played a berserker and it is sooo repetative that I almost fell asleep while grinding out the quests that have the worst voice inserts and no story line ever. The game is so kiddish I feel embarrased playing it, its like me watching some kids cartoon's when I have 0 kids. Can't stand anime style games and what the hell is with HUGE weapons that hang half in the ground while your running around? This my opinion of the game and will not be trolling Tera threads on purpose because I couldn't care less about the game.

Edit: to get back on subject.

But back to the topic, questing sounds good and they are rewarding group play with the finese thing they were talking about in the combat interviews. Every interview sounds better and better lets see how they implement it into the game.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

No one is discussing the point of this thread and just jumping on the OP. The point here is that the devs working on TESO either have a very limited opinion of what constitutes as a public dungeon (which probably goes against the opinion of the majority of players, imo) or that they don't have a broad range of experience with recent MMOs.

Could this be good or bad for TESO? It's worth discussing. Perhaps this means that we will see the best and most original public dungeons ever made or maybe we'll get something similar to old school EQ1 (which some people might think is great). It could also mean we'll just end up with something we have in other games already.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

That article is pretty weak to say the least. Its about one line the dude said lol. Keep trying man.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by KingGator

The hate for this game is almost laughable. Is it because it isn't going to have fps combat? It isn't going to ruin the bethesda games, it isn't even connected to them beyond lore. Take the game as it comes, it may actually be interesting, the hateful hysterics re almost any new title would be funny if it weren't such a damning indication of what a whiney society we've become.

The love for this game is almost laughable. Is it because its a new MMO? Is it because of the NAME they are whoring? The love hysterics to combat criticism with almost any new title would be funny if it weren't such a damning indication of what a whiney society we've become.

Its true, complaints about criticism is a sure sign of being whiney to the extreme.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by jtcgs

The hate for this game is almost laughable. Is it because it isn't going to have fps combat? It isn't going to ruin the bethesda games, it isn't even connected to them beyond lore. Take the game as it comes, it may actually be interesting, the hateful hysterics re almost any new title would be funny if it weren't such a damning indication of what a whiney society we've become.

The love for this game is almost laughable. Is it because its a new MMO? Is it because of the NAME they are whoring? The love hysterics to combat criticism with almost any new title would be funny if it weren't such a damning indication of what a whiney society we've become.

Its true, complaints about criticism is a sure sign of being whiney to the extreme.

How many threads are actively whining and hoping for failure, I am not complaining about the criticism, I am just laughing at the lynch mob mentality of the whiners because the game isn't going to do what YOU want it do or be what you want it to be. I have no skin in this fight as I am not an elder scrolls fan and don't really want to play this game, but I can't look at the front page without seeing a new thread exactly like this one. So nice try with ye ole "i know you are but what am I" defense. My argument stands there will be another 3 hate threads about this game tomorrow. It is unreasonable hate because some people are pouting due to the devs not making the game the way they want it. You never know, they might make a good game, it might suck, but what this is really about is you and the other whiners not getting your way.

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819
    Originally posted by jtcgs

How many threads are actively whining and hoping for failure, I am not complaining about the criticism, I am just laughing at the lynch mob mentality of the whiners because the game isn't going to do what YOU want it do or be what you want it to be. I have no skin in this fight as I am not an elder scrolls fan and don't really want to play this game, but I can't look at the front page without seeing a new thread exactly like this one. So nice try with ye ole "i know you are but what am I" defense. My argument stands there will be another 3 hate threads about this game tomorrow. It is unreasonable hate because some people are pouting due to the devs not making the game the way they want it. You never know, they might make a good game, it might suck, but what this is really about is you and the other whiners not getting your way.

I can't speak for others, but for myself, I am disappointed on TESO not because its not what I want TESO to become. Rather, its because, The Elder Scrolls already established itself with an identity through all its iterations throught out the years, and that identity was taken out of the TESO.

What TESO is doing is stripping TES's identity away. I am not hating on it because I wanted to get on the bandwagon, instead I am just extremely disappointed on how anyone would read any news about TESO and still think that its still The Elder Scrolls.

I was never forced into an Class in TES, I can build into any playstyle I want, I can be an Mage Thief, Warrior Archer, Jack of all trades, master assassin, Murderer, or someone that loves to steal cloth off unsuspecting NPC, or master acrobat.

I was also never forced into factions, I can become Guild master of Thief's guild, in skyrim I became the Guild master of the Brotherhood of assassins, I am also the choosen one for the Warrior's guild. My race changed the dialogues of the NPC's reactions to me, but it never stops me from doing what I wanted to do.

The Daedric Gods doesn't control me, I solve their riddles, I collected their weapons.

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

ok great! yet another feature they are saying hasnt existed but yet darkfall has.

So far darkfall has every single feature they say isnt possible, isnt reasonable, we dont want, doesnt currently exist or in general terms...NO. exists in Darkfall

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

ok great! yet another feature they are saying hasnt existed but yet darkfall has.

So far darkfall has every single feature they say isnt possible, isnt reasonable, we dont want, doesnt currently exist or in general terms...NO. exists in Darkfall

In every article about TESO they talk alot about what they CANT do.

In the latest one, the Art Director talks about the limitations and concessions they have to make

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05/31/elder-scrolls-online-art-director-talks-mmo-limitations-and-styl/

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Member UncommonPosts: 174

This is the worst receieved MMO (or rather SPO) I have ever seen. There are obviously some fanbois in a tizzie about it.

/popcorn

Originally posted by PyrateLV

In the latest one, the Art Director talks about the limitations and concessions they have to make

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05/31/elder-scrolls-online-art-director-talks-mmo-limitations-and-styl/

Darkfall again! granted not photorealism but:

200 players combating on the screen at once? check

with great FPS combat? check

with no zones? check

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    . [mod edit]

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

Methinks its a matter of them (or Zenimax) unwilling to extend development time to make the features work, rather than a matter of them actually lacking the skill to implement them. It could also be in the context of the engine they are using (as in they CAN'T do these things with their engine).

I agree it's annoying. For every feature they claim they can't implement I look at other MMOs that have them.

Anyway let's wait and see the final package. I haven't completely dropped my interest in this game.

Originally posted by KhinRunite

Methinks its a matter of them (or Zenimax) unwilling to extend development time to make the features work, rather than a matter of them actually lacking the skill to implement them. It could also be in the context of the engine they are using (as in they CAN'T do these things with their engine).

I agree it's annoying. For every feature they claim they can't implement I look at other MMOs that have them.

Anyway let's wait and see the final package. I haven't completely dropped my interest in this game.

regardless of the real reason obfuscating the truth trumps all. Well that and the fact that if I want said features I will simply play Darkfall again which has all of them.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

regardless of the real reason obfuscating the truth trumps all. Well that and the fact that if I want said features I will simply play Darkfall again which has all of them.

You could say the same about Mortal Online. It has all the features of TES.

Except for the fact its even a buggier POS than Darkfall

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

You could say the same about Mortal Online. It has all the features of TES.

Except for the fact its even a buggier POS than Darkfall

I use Darkfall because I have played it I havent played Mortal online. That said, Darkfall is not buggy. Many people dont like it but NONE of the reasons are related to the 'NOT' list zenimax pulled out of their a$$ :)