Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzar New MMO Idea

I dunno guys but I feel Blizzard is gathering player info to deliver a New MMO Maybe a Starcraft type MMO if technology is available or Diablo 3 MMO who knows but I feel Blizzard is doing something big and I will tell you why? they already have enough money to make a New MMO, with the success of WoW thats has been online like forevor and they have watch Fail MMO's and learning from ther Mistakes you think Blizzard is goind to Deliver a Big Bang in the Near Future with a New MMO?

Comments

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528

Even as a WoW non-fan, I would get very excited about World of Starcraft, but I don't see this happening. My understanding is that most of the Blizzard guys that did the original Diablo and D2 are gone, and since D3 has gone so WoW-like anyway, World of Diablo is probably not realistic either.

Maybe Blizzard can do like Square and dump all their flagship franchise money into a really crappy CG movie. :D

• Half_Man_Half_ToonHalf_Man_Half_Toon Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by Scottgun

Even as a WoW non-fan, I would get very excited about World of Starcraft, but I don't see this happening. My understanding is that most of the Blizzard guys that did the original Diablo and D2 are gone, and since D3 has gone so WoW-like anyway, World of Diablo is probably not realistic either.

Maybe Blizzard can do like Square and dump all their flagship franchise money into a really crappy CG movie. :D

that sucks man :(

P.S. I'm am woefully uniformed on this, but my understanding is that Blizzard's project "Titan" will be an MMO, but it will be a completely new franchise. So not World of Starcraft, not World of Diablo, and not World of Rock n' Roll Racing (even though that could be awesome.) :D

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

World of Starcraft ? I'm all in on that if it happens. Been a a SC fan since the end of time.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I think that's the only thing confirmed so far:

It will be a brand new IP. So no starcraft, Diablo, Halo, CoD, whatever.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Like Scott said: "Titan".

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• Half_Man_Half_ToonHalf_Man_Half_Toon Member Posts: 156

P.S. I'm am woefully uniformed on this, but my understanding is that Blizzard's project "Titan" will be an MMO, but it will be a completely new franchise. So not World of Starcraft, not World of Diablo, and not World of Rock n' Roll Racing (even though that could be awesome.) :D

Haha I heard of Project Titan you remind me of this video   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU4mqvGw-wY   they should make a World Of Muppet.  =) im just stubid

• FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347

My wild guess is a console MMO with RMAH. They'll release Diablo 3 on console first and get some experience with the RMAH on PC.

It's wiki, so take with a grain of salt, but it is not encouraging:

It is not known if the game will be a role-playing game or not.

The game will be "casual"[14] according to an investor report from Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_(Blizzard_Entertainment_project)

• MothurMothur Member Posts: 19

Everyone assumes it's not going to be World of Starcraft just because they said it is not.

But remember when everyone found out about Mists of Pandaria before the official release?

Lies! They said.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

blizzards new MMO will be world of battlenet errors 

you will pay 30USD for the client, then 15bucks a month to have a game launcher/updater. that will randomly change the "can not access server" error message. that will be the whole game.  you "login" and get told the servers are full, or down or crashed or 404 error or BSOD error ect. 

and you will simply enjoy it cause blizzard said so.....

seriously though... most of blizzards games avarage at best.  i expect so much more from such an old company they are currently doing an EAsports style of gaming .... releasing revamps of their past games. without really putting out anything new :/ 

i dont consider WoW new or impressive from a gamer standpoint.  and i broke down and tried SC2 and boy was that underwelming... coming from playing company of hereos and other games that use squad based AI and cover mechanics.. to see SC not even use any sort of "living" AI is rather sad... SC1 was enjoyable.. SC2 bah kinda reminds me of AOE3 ... its fun but just not that great. 

a MMO based on SC wouldnt fly. simply because there are by all accounts 3 races :/ there is no real reason for pros to fight pros or zerg to fight zerg.. terran can fight terran if you use the SC2 storyline (which is retarded imo) but 1/3 really isnt going to be great IMO.

blizzard is best off making a totally new mmo not using any of their current IPs. that way they dont wind up alienating their user base.

• RoxetteRoxette Member UncommonPosts: 56

Blizzards new MMO idea ?

It will probably a pvp only game. A game where, when you beat your opponent, you get his account. With a real money account trade broker on a website where you can sell or buy conquered accounts.

Played: Guild Wars, AoC, Lotro, CoH, Warhammer, Tabula Ras, Spellborn, Second Life, Rift, Aion, Tera.
    Playing: Guild Wars 2, WoT

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

That is what they say, yes. But of course it was just a few months ago that Skyrims lead designer stated that there never would be  a elder scrolls MMO so devs lie sometimes to protect their secrets.

I feel however that Starcrafts world might be a bit limited for a MMO, my guess is that they make a world that is more similar to regular sci-fi instead.

Rumors anyways say that Titan will be a space MMOFPS.

• Ashen_XAshen_X Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by chelao

I dunno guys but I feel Blizzard is gathering player info to deliver a New MMO Maybe a Starcraft type MMO if technology is available or Diablo 3 MMO who knows but I feel Blizzard is doing something big and I will tell you why? they already have enough money to make a New MMO, with the success of WoW thats has been online like forevor and they have watch Fail MMO's and learning from ther Mistakes you think Blizzard is goind to Deliver a Big Bang in the Near Future with a New MMO?

Your expressed reason for thinking that Blizzard is intending to release a new MMO in the near future is that they can afford to do it ?

No reason beyond that ?

When all has been said and done, more will have been said than done.

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

Some people speculate that project Titan is the same project Titan that some of the current Blizzard employees were working on for Microsoft.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by chelao

Maybe a Starcraft type MMO

I don't want to roll a zergling.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by Loke666

That is what they say, yes. But of course it was just a few months ago that Skyrims lead designer stated that there never would be  a elder scrolls MMO so devs lie sometimes to protect their secrets.

I feel however that Starcrafts world might be a bit limited for a MMO, my guess is that they make a world that is more similar to regular sci-fi instead.

Rumors anyways say that Titan will be a space MMOFPS.

It is all in the wording, he said Bathesda had no interest in making an Elder Scrolls MMO, and Bathesda isn't making one.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It's a halo mmo for the 720
  • Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

As for Blizzard, it is hard to capture lightning twice when it comes to an MMO. It will be interesting to see what Titan becomes but even they will have trouble recapturing the lightning that was WoW.

Blizzard is like a band that has that classic album that hits at the right time and becomes part of everyones consienceness and then they have to follow it up with a new album. Tough thing to do. Even if it is a success, if it is not as big as WoW it might be seen as a failure.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

My gut tells me it will be a 3 faction MMO, but still keep much of the e-sport game play they like to push..  I'm sure they will stick with their gear grind formula of endless treadmills, but offer more RvR type PvP like DAoC..  Will it be Sci Fi? or Fantasy? or some hybrid approach?  Again my guess is they will try to hybrid the genre.. Weapondry with magic (star wars)? lol   Or will they go down some mythology road with diety lore..   

In any case I hope they stay clear of the breadcrumb quest system, and move towards the dynamic zones like Rift "attempted" to do and what GW2 has planned..  I know I'm sick and tired of chasing after the ! ?  trail..  Anyone else?

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

They already have 1 WoW, so they don't need another. At the same time, the game has to feel "familiar" to WoW players.

I would  say there is a good chance it will be 3 faction hybrid MMO, but just as good it will be a 2 faction fantasy.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

O yes they will. If anyone knows how to make big bang it is good old Blizz

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by palulalula

O yes they will. If anyone knows how to make big bang it is good old Blizz

the good old Blizz doesnt exist anymore

• jp4lyfejp4lyfe Member UncommonPosts: 165

I'm pretty sure their new MMO is a FPS, social network game. Thats what all the "insider source blah blah hot news has been on Titan forever."

Course that doesn't mean anything. But it does make sense. They signed some huge deal with facebook awhile back and have yet to touch on that and activision want's the FPS crowed.

Think Borederlands on steroids. That's the word out on the street anyways. 

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Titan....... An EVE Style game but with action combat.

Take my money now.