Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

my only real problem with this game ...

ArakaneArakane Member UncommonPosts: 204

...is that it is an mmo. I think it would be much more awesome as rts- period,type game.

Comments

• strangerdangstrangerdang Member Posts: 233

Originally posted by Arakane

...is that it is an mmo. I think it would be much more awesome as rts- period,type game.

Its that kind of out the box thinking that usualy spawns great successes....oh

Because the mmo community isnt screaming for something diffrent?

Perhaps this RTS in a persistant mmo world with save progression is just what those looking for something diffrent want.

The thing i always hated about RTS, wasnt the gameplay, but the fact that every game was an isolated 1-2hr event. 

I just hope they make it where i can build a base with some crafty defenses, and people can try to attack it even if im logged out ect, i always liked building up base defenses in RTS however it was all futile as in a short amount of time the match would end...and some matches i wouldnt have the time to really setup ect.

• ArcheminosArcheminos Member Posts: 283

This looks like World in Conflict in the future as an MMO. Which is good :D

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    In Facebook there is a game like that where others can attack you when you offline, its call empires and alliances, but of course you can build an immune tower with a CD of I think 8hours?

RIP Orc Choppa

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378

What a thing to post an an mmo forum lol. GTFO!

No really though I think more game types should be mmo's other than rpg's. So i give this game a thumbs up I'm gonna get it when I can.

• TriadninjaTriadninja Member Posts: 111

Originally posted by strangerdang

Its that kind of out the box thinking that usualy spawns great successes....oh

Because the mmo community isnt screaming for something diffrent?

Perhaps this RTS in a persistant mmo world with save progression is just what those looking for something diffrent want.

The thing i always hated about RTS, wasnt the gameplay, but the fact that every game was an isolated 1-2hr event. 

I just hope they make it where i can build a base with some crafty defenses, and people can try to attack it even if im logged out ect, i always liked building up base defenses in RTS however it was all futile as in a short amount of time the match would end...and some matches i wouldnt have the time to really setup ect.

Its been stated that you won't be able to build bases, but you can put up defensive structures such as turrets. My guess is people will find the structures already in the maps and place turrets/units effectively around it for a base of sorts.

And to answer the OP, They have said you can play this game as either a singleplayer, Co-Op, or Competitive Multiplayer game.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

so whats the MMO part of this MMORTS?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

so whats the MMO part of this MMORTS?

How about 28v28 maps.

But really, do your own searching.

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191

This is very much like Shattered Galaxy. A older game with same idea, niche classic! :)

The MMO side is persistance and multiplayer. The game has huge potential and I hope they manage to pull it off.