Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New MMORPG

ManuelManuel Member Posts: 2

This one isen't on the list, sadly!
It's called Boundless Adventures ( www.boundless-adventures.com ) it's still in development but their making a new site friday and a update called BA Tactics, quoute ""...the next stage of our Boundless Adventures development plan by introducing several web-based components of the game which will allow members of the public to assist in certain aspects of early game mechanics testing". Also for all you gamers out there who are disapointed about the costumer support, Boundless Adventures let's the players give their own ideas on how they want the game to be like.So you can already quit DaOc now :) You can join in www.boundless-mentors.com . Sign in the formula and then you can post idea's on a special forum and show what you want to see in the game.

Comments

• UifzUifz Member Posts: 252

Not too much on the game, looks like it's going to be a while before they start even getting this in alpha stage. I guess it could be up on the list but it may be too early. It's very easy to get distracted and the team can fall apart sadly, but true.

• TomZTomZ Member Posts: 3
    Hello.  Actaully, BA is currently running Aplha 3 which we plan to complete within a month.  I have been working as a Mentor since the volunteer program began and was following the game since Feb of 2003.  They have come a long way and I honestly do not see them falling apart anytime soon though anything is possible.  The Dev team is very responsive to any posts on their main site so if you have any questions I encourage you to go and post.  They are also almost always on live chat and hold monthly meetings.

TomZ
    Division Lead
    Quests and Events Division
    www.boundless-adventures.com
    [email protected]

TomZ
    Division Lead
    [email protected]

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

id read an article bout this game a while ago on ign...

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

those terrain screens are mighty perrty!

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    Yes they are...

---------------------------------------
    You can't stop the bum rush
    www.mmorpg.com - staff

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

Woops!  I wrote that I was following the game since Feb of 2003.  What I meant to say was Feb of 2002!

I encourge anyone who would like to participate in the development of a game to sign-up for the Mentor Program. 

TomZ
    Division Lead
    [email protected]

TomZ
    Division Lead
    [email protected]

wut exactly do u do as a mentor thing?

- Unknown Author

• UiruruUiruru Member Posts: 984
    what did gunblade say??

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Oh my god... dont ask where i found it

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 98% who has, copy & paste this in your signature.

A: 73% S: 66% K: 33% E: 26%

• RasukeRasuke Member Posts: 362
    Well, obviously Gun said something he wasn't supposed to.  lol, or it wouldn't have been deleted.

---------------------------------------------
    This message brought to you by Smoofles the fox. Remember kids, he may look cute, but he'd eat you alive if he got the chance...

Jab, low, punch, high, down+fierce, up, jab, low, punch, high, fierce
    Marvel vs. Capcom! (strider)

And now... the KIRBY DANCE!
    <('.'<) (>'.')> <(^.^)> <('.'<) (>'.')>

-------------------------------------------
    image image image

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Why is this in rumour section ?

Should be in main section and people can read more about it.

Terrain looks very good  but until we have models i will hold judgement off.

General Overview ~

imageThe Mentors are a group of volunteer Boundless Adventures community members who have come together to form an organization committed to the success of Boundless Adventures. The Mentor Organization was created to allow members of the community to be directly involved in the development of Boundless Adventures. Mentors generally spend their volunteer time assisting Boundless Adventures staff in the areas of Development and Testing, Quests and Events, and Customer Service. Boundless Entertaining is unique amongst MMORPG makers by encouraging community members to directly partcipate in the early development of their game, Boundless Adventures.

Advertisement ~

Greetings one and all!
    Have you been searching for something exciting to add to your life?
    Can you imagine yourself being part of a team of MMORPG enthusiasts, using your skills to help make a great MMORPG?
    Take a look at these areas of participation, and imagine yourself in one of them!

The Development & Testing Division (DTD) is dedicated to aiding in the development processes of the game. It is for the more technically-minded members of the mentor community. There are four primary teams in DTD, each focusing on a different aspect of development:
    1. Balance Team - This team is focused on the development of skills, and skill-related issues within the game world. They ensure all skill avenues in game provide a tangible, balanced benefit for the user or the world, and are dedicated to ensuring that no one skill becomes the choice for everyone that plays the game.
    2. Art Team - This team is focused on the visual aspects of the game. They will create visual images for everything from concept renders to the final 3D models used in the game.
    3. Scripting Team - This team is focused on the animation and object manipulation capabilities of the game. They will create scripts for nearly every action in the game, from combat maneuvers to dancing.
    4. Object Team - In a game of this scale there are going to be thousands of objects to interact with in the game world. This team is dedicated to ensuring that anything anyone needs in game, has been created as a unique object, and made available in the game world.
    The Quest and Events Division (QED) is a group of motivated and creative individuals who strive to make the world of Ershela as interesting as possible by using their creative talents to make wonderful and immersive stories, intriguing and challenging quests, and fun and exciting events. The QED is also privileged to help develop and populate the world of Ershela with facinating and memorable races. And when the QED is not using their creative talents to better the world of Ershela, they will be in-game supervising certain quests and events, ensuring that they are run smoothly and fairly.

The Customer Service Division (CSD) mentors are the ultimate program sages, experts in all areas. CSD is responsible for supporting the entire player community, from teaching players how to use the game client, to processing trouble tickets for the developers, to coming up with the policy that will one day define the customer service roles within the game world. CSD is a division constantly on the move, and requires dedicated volunteers who aren't afraid to spend time learning the new freatures and tools the developers constantly throw at us!

Could you see yourself as part of one of these Divisions?
    Could your skills, whether they be artistic, linguistic, or scientific be put to use?
    Then the Mentor Organization is the place for you! Come on in and sign up - you'll be glad you did!

Frequently Asked Questions ~

Q: Do the developers really listen to our ideas?
    A: Yes. The developers of Boundless Adventures have listened and implemented many of the ideas from the community and members of the Mentor Organization. The Mentors are in daily conversation with the BA staff, and continue to offer their opinions and ideas as the development of Boundless Adventures continues.

Q: How do I become a mentor?
    A: Follow this link and login to the mentor site. From there you can fill out an application.

Q: How long does it take to become a Mentor once I fill out the application?
    A: Once you have completed the application and successfully submitted it, your application will be reviewed for acceptance. This process may take up to 72 hours to complete. After acceptance you will go through a training and evaluation process. Once that is complete, you are a full Mentor!

Q: Speaking of time, how much weekly time does being a Mentor take up?
    A: That is up to you. Being a volunteer program, we understand that different people will have different amounts of time to spend. We only ask that if you make a commitment to do something, you spend the time to complete it, and that you keep in fairly regular contact with your peers and leaders.

Q: I have never done anything like this before, how much experience do I need?
    A: While experience is a plus, it is not needed. We feel that anyone can learn and offer great ideas, given the opportunity. We welcome all levels of experience.

Q: Do I have to sign an NDA?
    A: Yes, you need to have a notarized NDA and photo ID to become a Mentor.

Q: What is an NDA?
    A: Because Mentors can be exposed to unreleased information from Boundless Entertaining, applying Mentors are required to fill out a Non-Disclosure Agreement. This document (the NDA) legally binds the Mentor into not divulging any information deemed confidential.

Q: Are we trained?
    A: All newly accepted applicants will go through a training process. Also, in this dynamic environment, even veteran Mentors are learning something new everyday.

Q: Do Mentors get paid?
    A: No, all Mentors volunteer their time.

Q: Can I tell my friends that I am a Mentor?
    A: While it is not encouraged to divulge your identity to the public, we understand that conversations with friends will happen. That is acceptable as long as you do not divulge NDA material.

Q: Does this mean I work for Boundless Entertaining?
    A: No, the Mentor Organization is a separate entity, run by volunteers.

Q: Will I get to play Boundless Adventures for free when it is released?
    A: At this time there is no decision on gaining any privilege by being a Mentor.

Q: Do I at least get some free months?
    A: No decision in regards to this has been made, yet.

TomZ
    Division Lead
    [email protected]

TomZ
    Division Lead
    [email protected]