Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo III is seriously not getting fair reviews...

123457»

Comments

• RealPvPisFPSRealPvPisFPS Member Posts: 42

To original OP,

It is not so much the online single player aspect, items and.....well yeah they are.

It's also the lack of Blizzard's database security and system integrity. Thousands of players have had their items and gold vanishing whether it is a security breach or database bug on the Blizzard's systems I do not know but it is on their side of the fence which they will not fess up to.

This is the main number one problem with Diablo 3. Plus all the other negatives being mentioned with it.

You do the math....12 years and this is the best Blizzard has to offer?

How about all the players who lost everything due to Blizzard's lack of professionalism with their game systems? Even when/if Blizzard does a restore on your account do you really want to keep playing anymore knowing it can happen all over again? Confidence in Blizzard just fell like the Facebook stock crash.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Originally posted by BizkitNL
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

game made by entirely new team than the one that made D2

game fundamentally differently from D2 in many negative ways

entirely online only play money scheme

real money auction house money scheme

dated graphics that look worse than SC2

lag in single player mode

game beaten by most in less than 20 hours of play time

We waited 12 years.

Now do you see why we're upset?

See, that right there makes anything else you said and might say completely void. Get over yourself and try to remember what gaming is all about.

The post wasnt made as a legit rebuttal. It was made as a "dissing blizzard is the new cool thing to do"...without any regard for facts.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I don't get all the fuss with this game, I mean its just some music and a large 37 right in the middle of your screen.
  • firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Blizzard can never do no wrong......

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    I don't get all the fuss with this game, I mean its just some music and a large 37 right in the middle of your screen.

Blizzard made it. It could punch you in the nuts every time you logged on, and people would still love it.

• Bushi13Bushi13 Member Posts: 123

Still the best review of Diablo 3 out there,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxOPo8g02ts

Man gonna get emo, love you Bro team image

Diablow 3, it sucks ...

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Bushi13

O M G becky! Thank you so much for introing me to them i had no idea! That was THE funniest thing i have ever seen besides this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LE0ycgkBQ&feature=share

it's for another game company entirely but when i look at Blizzard now i can't help but notice it's what they did with D3. I played the TL2 O M G so much more fun!

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Originally posted by Bushi13

O M G becky! Thank you so much for introing me to them i had no idea! That was THE funniest thing i have ever seen besides this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LE0ycgkBQ&feature=share

it's for another game company entirely but when i look at Blizzard now i can't help but notice it's what they did with D3. I played the TL2 O M G so much more fun!

I laughed, because it is true.  Remember kids, at the end of the day, Diablo is supposed to be a HORROR action RPG.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• FargolFargol Member UncommonPosts: 303
    Originally posted by helthros

I wonder how many people that are upset with the lack of cusomization never even figured out how to set elective mode :

I'm going to go out on a limb and say quite a few.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by Nirrtix

Seriously most people on sites I see are rating Diablo 3 a 1 becuase they do not like needing to be online to play. I confess it is annoying to be disconnected and having to start over a zone, which is why I have it a 9 instead of a 10, but this game is not a 1. I have faith however that Blizzard with fix that problem one way or another, and it has been minimal for me as I am always online.

Others are mad becuase the game is much different than Diablo 2 in that there are no scrolls of town portal or the class advancement is totally different. The problem is if they played the game they would ralize that the new way might be better in their eyes. Instead of upgrading their stats, you get to choose which spells you use out of 5 and which upgrades you want to use on them.

The videos and music are amazing and the theme is true to the series. Others also complain that the graphics are subpar for the 10 years it took to make the game. The series have always had the same graphical theme. 

In the end I think Diablo 3 is not perfect, but it is an excellent addition to the series and adds some new things to the series like the spells runes and Blacksmith and Jewelcrafter (which is mostly the same as the Horadric Cube, but he does a little more like taking out gems from sockets.)

well.....review THIS:

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by oubers

Seriously most people on sites I see are rating Diablo 3 a 1 becuase they do not like needing to be online to play. I confess it is annoying to be disconnected and having to start over a zone, which is why I have it a 9 instead of a 10, but this game is not a 1. I have faith however that Blizzard with fix that problem one way or another, and it has been minimal for me as I am always online.

Others are mad becuase the game is much different than Diablo 2 in that there are no scrolls of town portal or the class advancement is totally different. The problem is if they played the game they would ralize that the new way might be better in their eyes. Instead of upgrading their stats, you get to choose which spells you use out of 5 and which upgrades you want to use on them.

The videos and music are amazing and the theme is true to the series. Others also complain that the graphics are subpar for the 10 years it took to make the game. The series have always had the same graphical theme. 

In the end I think Diablo 3 is not perfect, but it is an excellent addition to the series and adds some new things to the series like the spells runes and Blacksmith and Jewelcrafter (which is mostly the same as the Horadric Cube, but he does a little more like taking out gems from sockets.)

well.....review THIS:

Big deal. I know people are unhappy about this but the fact remains that most people love playing the game. IF people didn't enjoy the game so much they would've been gone by now.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Its another case of less lawyer happy eu customers getting screwed. If this 37 bollocks was capping in the usa there would be hell to pay. Let's hope the eu follow the south Koreans lead and sue the gits.
  • jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Its another case of less lawyer happy eu customers getting screwed. If this 37 bollocks was capping in the usa there would be hell to pay. Let's hope the eu follow the south Koreans lead and sue the gits.

EU has been more stable than US though? ?_?

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Originally posted by jpnz

EU has been more stable than US though? ?_?

No, no and no! Every single time the EU servers are down the US servers are up ;D Plus we got 2 full days of maintenance while both the US and the Asian servers were up! Yesterday the US servers got the full day maintenance treatment but the EU servers were AGAIN not accepting any logins :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Haven't been able to play for 3 days.

Can you imagine that happening in the land of freely available guns.
  • jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

I can and it'll be like the wild wild west!

OMG! No place is safe!! 

/sarcasm

Fun fact: Swiss is more 'free' than USA when it comes to guns.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Originally posted by fivoroth

well.....review THIS:

Big deal. I know people are unhappy about this but the fact remains that most people love playing the game. IF people didn't enjoy the game so much they would've been gone by now.

dont get me wrong man, i am a long time blizz fan but this is just nuts.....after this weeks patch i cant login at all (for 2 days now)........no real biggie because i also play Tera atm so i dont mind loggin in there while blizz fixes their sh**.

But i was just trying to say that they dont realy deserve a good review right now.....game is out for weeks now and still the same error from beta.....normally connection problems get priority 1.

When i login to the US server everything is fine but my friends play europe (yeah well we live there so...)

And on the forums they talk about all these solutions to al kinds of problems like its always the client end's fault.

Everything works fine for anything else, they need to fix their own server sh** and keep us customers up to date....that's all.

.....or give us our OFFLINE game like it should be.

Imagine people going all Call of Duty on Blizzard's HQ! MIght as well bombard Activision's HQ while we are there!

Originally posted by fivoroth

well.....review THIS:

dont get me wrong man, i am a long time blizz fan but this is just nuts.....after this weeks patch i cant login at all (for 2 days now)........no real biggie because i also play Tera atm so i dont mind loggin in there while blizz fixes their sh**.

But i was just trying to say that they dont realy deserve a good review right now.....game is out for weeks now and still the same error from beta.....normally connection problems get priority 1.

When i login to the US server everything is fine but my friends play europe (yeah well we live there so...)

And on the forums they talk about all these solutions to al kinds of problems like its always the client end's fault.

Everything works fine for anything else, they need to fix their own server sh** and keep us customers up to date....that's all.

.....or give us our OFFLINE game like it should be.

I was really pissed off at them too. But now I seem to have got used to it. This actually amuses me :D Maybe they can give us a mini game to play on the logon screen to spice things up :D

• cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431

I seriously dont know why people are not liking the game, or why it receives poor reviews.

Im not a D2 fanboi, so that may be why my opinion differs.

The story is great, the dungeons are great, the combat is what you would expect from a game like this..nothing more, nothing less.  Its a gear grind at the end, so I hear.  If you flew to 60, and are bored..I dont know what to tell you.  This happens in every game.  If you think Inferno is too hard, too bad.  People whine that blizzards games are too easy.  They finally put an insanely hard difficulty in a game, and its too much?  What do you want?

I did not think Id like D3, but I really do.  No connection issues either.  Ive been disconnected only twice.

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313
    Originally posted by cesmode8

I seriously dont know why people are not liking the game, or why it receives poor reviews. 

Error 37, maybe?

Originally posted by cesmode8

Im not a D2 fanboi, so that may be why my opinion differs.

The story is great, the dungeons are great, the combat is what you would expect from a game like this..nothing more, nothing less.  Its a gear grind at the end, so I hear.  If you flew to 60, and are bored..I dont know what to tell you.  This happens in every game.  If you think Inferno is too hard, too bad.  People whine that blizzards games are too easy.  They finally put an insanely hard difficulty in a game, and its too much?  What do you want?

I did not think Id like D3, but I really do.  No connection issues either.  Ive been disconnected only twice.

you should visit the EU diablo3 forums and then come here again saying you dont understand it.......be my guest.

I have not been able to logon for 2 whole days now since the eu patch......i aint bitter, i still got Tera but i did pay for D3 so i could play it....

• TyratopsTyratops Member Posts: 98

Rating accurately is hard, there is no grey area or 2-9 it's either 1 or 10, good or bad.  People are special.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

game made by entirely new team than the one that made D2

game fundamentally differently from D2 in many negative ways

entirely online only play money scheme

real money auction house money scheme

dated graphics that look worse than SC2

lag in single player mode

game beaten by most in less than 20 hours of play time

We waited 12 years.

Now do you see why we're upset?

Well and TLight II its far better and half price, those 3 are enough to tell in big words D3 its not even 5/10 value

The OP says 9/10 ! really? did he ever tried other games in same theme? even DI or DII, 12 years of development^^ . worst 60 euros spent ever !

I agree with op, all the reviewers got blinded by "made by blizzard" and gave it 9/10. Very unfair on smaller developers with better games.