Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I'm new to LoL, and its actually really fun...but, whats the point?

DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

I'm still new and figuring it out, and I'm lovin the 3v3 classical matches. BUT when you win...what do you win? like do you gain stats or items that carry over to other games? how does that work?

Thanks!

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

Comments

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

You earn what is essentially currency to purchase things like additional champions and runes. You also gain more exp to level up to progress further into the talent trees. 

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

Ok cool. Thanks

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• LeegOfChldrnLeegOfChldrn Member Posts: 364

What's the point? Really? Really? Seriously? Really?

I guess us gamers who play video games for fun are a dying breed.

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515

Originally posted by LeegOfChldrn

What's the point? Really? Really? Seriously? Really?

I guess us gamers who play video games for fun are a dying breed.

You're a moron.  Yes, really, really, seriously & really.

It took me less than 3 seconds of reading his post to figure out exactly what he meant.  He was talking in terms of progression and if you get any type of reward/upgrades etc for your character, instead of just playing for nothing.  Yes you can play for fun, but to have things to work towards in a game keeps you from having things turn stale.

• WGMiloWGMilo Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Dewm

I'm still new and figuring it out, and I'm lovin the 3v3 classical matches. BUT when you win...what do you win? like do you gain stats or items that carry over to other games? how does that work?

Thanks!

When you win a game you will get some exp, when you hit level 30 (max level) you can begin to play ranked game . You can make your own ranked team with your friends :D. But when you win you will also get some points caleld "IP" you can use your "IP" to get new champions and runes etc. 

Hope that helps WGMilo

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

Originally posted by WGMilo

Thanks!

When you win a game you will get some exp, when you hit level 30 (max level) you can begin to play ranked game . You can make your own ranked team with your friends :D. But when you win you will also get some points caleld "IP" you can use your "IP" to get new champions and runes etc. 

Hope that helps WGMilo

Yep this, but at level 30, with your ideal rune build etc, for any one champ, there's no more progression for him. You can't make him any stronger (well you can play better but that's besides the point).

• MarkcbMarkcb Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Cawickeng

Thanks!

Hope that helps WGMilo

Yep this, but at level 30, with your ideal rune build etc, for any one champ, there's no more progression for him. You can't make him any stronger (well you can play better but that's besides the point).

So the same as with any other MMO: get to max level, get the best gear (in this case, runes and masteries) and proceed with endgame (which would be ranked games in LoL).

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Originally posted by Markcb
    Originally posted by Cawickeng

Thanks!

Hope that helps WGMilo

So the same as with any other MMO: get to max level, get the best gear (in this case, runes and masteries) and proceed with endgame (which would be ranked games in LoL).

No the difference is MMOs always have higher level caps, and more content, gear etc.  But with LoL, lvl 30 is gonna be the cap and there won't be any more runes (maybe tier 4 but I doubt it).

• dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310

Win or lose, you gain experience and IP.  Experience helps you gain levels to progress your level (up to 30) and mastery trees (skill like trees similar to WoW).  IP is your in-game currency that lets you buy champs (100 currently) and Runes (bonus stats).  You also have your RP (real-life currency) that you can use to buy Champions and skins for changing your champs looks.    Also, as you level you gain different summoner spells (2 per champ per game) that lets you do different types of spells in game.  Ranked games also start at 30 and it is a whole different type of game once you get into it.

That is the jist of it really.