Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok Blizzard! We was faithful to you for many years so give us MOP for free

2»

Comments

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

You expect a simple forum post to one of the greediest power hungry powerhouses formally known as Actiblizz to actually make a difference?

If anything they would see this and raise the price knowing the brainwashed fanbase will chug down any price they throw at them, for just about anything to do with the game, no matter what that fanbase says just to prove a point.

I have a friend who always says he will quit WoW,  complains that Blizzard is greedy and a shit company, but MoP comes out and he's going to buy it and plans to race change all his characters to Panda's, I won't even begin to tell you how much that will cost. I swear they have some hypnotizing effect in their ads or something, he even quit one time by destroying all his disks and deleting his account, this was three years ago, soon after he was playing again and still is right now. He had to re-buy his copies of the game.

Bunch of brainwashed sheep.

• gu357u53rgu357u53r Member Posts: 113

I was given a free drug called Cataclysm for 7 days.  I was able to not succumb to it, and I weaned off of it with Rift Lite & Dungeon Fighter Online.  These subscription based games couldn't pay me to grace my presence in their world.  I am simply to nice of a person to be tossed around like a rag doll by their in game elitist minded trash playerbases.  I'll stick to F2P & never pay a dime.  I'll stick to what I have on Steam, and be thankful.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I still play, but I don't see me buying MoP.  I've never had this before from WoW expansions, but I really don't see any compelling reason to upgrade.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • evictonevicton Member Posts: 398

I actually keep hearing the gamebreaker guys say this to, it wouldn't really surprise me if they did. Though I'm not really convinced they would either.

• ZillenZillen Member Posts: 141

Originally posted by palulalula
    After so many years in one of my favorite game it hink we deserve one free expansion or at least free in exchange for 6 or 12 months sub. We pay so much money for every expansion and i think it is not fair because wow is not f2p game and to pay for every expansion is rude from Blizzard. So  Blizzard show for one time that you take care about us old wow players

Rude? It's their product, their company, and their biggest source of money on the interwebs. The core defining principle of a subscription game is that no matter how much entertainment value you get out of it, unlike a game which you can trade back or sell to friends, YOU WILL NEVER, EVER GET EVEN A MILLIONTH OF THE HUNDREDS YOU POURED INTO IT BACK.

On your logic, every store or service that is not free should, every now and then, give out a major product for scratch all. That's likely, right?

On your logic, war veterans should all demand free housing, wealth, In fact, why not ask for a piece of the goddamn country, just because they fought for it for years. They certainly deserve generous compensation, but never will you see practical, business-oriented human beings give their consumers a product, a product that generates the majority of their wealth, for free simply because those consumers have been dedicated to it for a long time.

This word gets bandied around a lot, but expecting a company of the likes of Blizzard to respect you and give you a free expansion pack to their biggest game just because you've played it for ages is a primary bit of "entitlement" right there. They may not bet all their heart, soul and effort into it, but that attitude is also disrespectful to every dev who spent months crafting this.

Because they do care about you, more than you realise? Why, you ask?
    They could have pulled an SWG on this MONTHS AGO. You think they wouldn't? Subs are dropping through the floor, the game is nearly a decade old, and they've got Titan waiting to wipe the floor with another 12 million gamers. The fact that they are bothering to pay people to update and provide you with new content for this severely outdated and declining game is a sign that they respect you as a veteran. Don't push your luck.

Just ask an old SWG player. He'll tell you what you're asking for.

I'm really sick of the whole "There's a massive fanbase for X", or "Y would be a WoW-killer if it just had a chance".

There is no massive conspiracy waiting in the MMO playerbase.

There are no "sleeper-agent fans" waiting to convert once the X or Y is unleashed on the world.

• internetkidzinternetkidz Member Posts: 5

getting MoP free would be awesome, but it will never happen, Blizzard loves the $$$

• ZillenZillen Member Posts: 141

Originally posted by internetkidz
    getting MoP free would be awesome, but it will never happen, Blizzard loves the $$$

-_- I'm sorry, can you repeat the obvious again? I don't think everybody who has replied on this thread have stated in enough.

I'm really sick of the whole "There's a massive fanbase for X", or "Y would be a WoW-killer if it just had a chance".

There is no massive conspiracy waiting in the MMO playerbase.

There are no "sleeper-agent fans" waiting to convert once the X or Y is unleashed on the world.

• FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• HenchdwarfHenchdwarf Member UncommonPosts: 517

WoW gives you the colors green, red, and orange for free. it's the blue, purple and yellow you gotta pay for.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Originally posted by expresso

Originally posted by palulalula

After so many years in one of my favorite game it hink we deserve one free expansion or at least free in exchange for 6 or 12 months sub. We pay so much money for every expansion and i think it is not fair because wow is not f2p game and to pay for every expansion is rude from Blizzard. So  Blizzard show for one time that you take care about us old wow players

Be like Apple giving every IPAD1 owner a free IPAD3 ... that's crazy talk.

As an ipad owner, I'm perfectly fine with that.

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

Originally posted by Corehaven

" Hey Blizzard!  Could you please deny hundreds of millions in profit? "     Thats what you just said. 

But hey I cant disagree really.   MOP should be free.  It has Pandas.  No really.  Pandas. 

Exactly the reason why i am going to buy it. You have no problem playing asura but you complain about pandas?

*rolls eyes*

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

Even if it were free I'd still have to re-sub to try it and after trying to get into WoW again this weekend with a SoR I still could not keep inteterested in it enough to want to re sub.

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

Originally posted by Pivotelite

You expect a simple forum post to one of the greediest power hungry powerhouses formally known as Actiblizz to actually make a difference?

If anything they would see this and raise the price knowing the brainwashed fanbase will chug down any price they throw at them, for just about anything to do with the game, no matter what that fanbase says just to prove a point.

I have a friend who always says he will quit WoW,  complains that Blizzard is greedy and a shit company, but MoP comes out and he's going to buy it and plans to race change all his characters to Panda's, I won't even begin to tell you how much that will cost. I swear they have some hypnotizing effect in their ads or something, he even quit one time by destroying all his disks and deleting his account, this was three years ago, soon after he was playing again and still is right now. He had to re-buy his copies of the game.

Bunch of brainwashed sheep.

I agree with this.  You can see it in evidence mostly on sites like MMO Champion, Tankspot and so on with the amount of angry related scream fest posts saying this time they'll definately quit because of so and so.  Basically these people care too much to let go, they'll buy anything from Blizzard. Like some abused spouse, they'll always give the game another chance because the memories always seem brighter then they really were.

The best thing is to actually ignore it and move on.  Easier said then done of course for some, but really complaining about so passionately means you care too much to let go. 

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• gu357u53rgu357u53r Member Posts: 113

They don't care you are always limited by a time crunch. 

$14.99 Buys you 730.484398 hours of accessing it, on top of buying the game and expansions.

If I am going to be limited by a pay to play time crunch, then I would like more than just items that can be crafted by practially anyone littered throughout characters, alias on a leaderboard ranking, and other text things like my alias on other peoples guild  and friends list.  Did I not leave a lasting impact on the world?  When my time is up I want something more in game that shows others who are still paying to play that I accomplished something, they will notice that someone else has accomplished something unique & epic.  Because text with my alias isn't really anything eye catching, where is the unique item, statue, building, etc. because every other person can craft the same items so it doesn't make them unique.  Waste of my money, and everyone paying to play that game.  Their story, their way, they don't care about you, you mean nothing to the world, stop being manipulated.  Many other games that would love to have your presence, move on, and have a nice day.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

I like how people always think a business should just give stuff away for the heck of it. If they were struggling, maybe? Might intice people more.

Think about it though, if you owned a business your job is to try and make as much as you can while retaining your customer base. You're not gonna sacrafice potential revenue just to be nice.

• 100PERCENT100PERCENT Member Posts: 35

+1

• CcDohlCcDohl Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by gu357u53r

They don't care you are always limited by a time crunch. 

$14.99 Buys you 730.484398 hours of accessing it, on top of buying the game and expansions.

If I am going to be limited by a pay to play time crunch, then I would like more than just items that can be crafted by practially anyone littered throughout characters, alias on a leaderboard ranking, and other text things like my alias on other peoples guild  and friends list.  Did I not leave a lasting impact on the world?  When my time is up I want something more in game that shows others who are still paying to play that I accomplished something, they will notice that someone else has accomplished something unique & epic.  Because text with my alias isn't really anything eye catching, where is the unique item, statue, building, etc. because every other person can craft the same items so it doesn't make them unique.  Waste of my money, and everyone paying to play that game.  Their story, their way, they don't care about you, you mean nothing to the world, stop being manipulated.  Many other games that would love to have your presence, move on, and have a nice day.

Or you could just, you know, have fun with the game.