Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF F2P

bosox95bosox95 Member Posts: 2
Hey everyone,

So I’ve recently started looking for a new F2P MMO and I was hoping that I could get a little help. Here’s what I’m looking for: a standard, fantasy game (no dungeon crawlers or sidescrollers) that has decent graphics, a good playerbase (important), and somewhat interesting game mechanics. It would also be a plus if this game was released with the past couple of years, although it is not a dealbreaker if it wasn't.

Also, I am not looking for a game that was previously P2P but switched (ie Aion).

I’d appreciate it if you could give me a recommendation! Thanks!

Comments

• omega78omega78 Member UncommonPosts: 260

Hm...Don't know if Mabinogi would count as a dungeon crawler, but it is an interesting game with various skill sets that intermingle and what not, not to mention the music is superb, give it a look see.

Eden Eternal has some interesting mechanincs to it, you can switch your class at anytime really, allowing for much more flexible playstyles and you don't have to constantly re-roll to play as a new class. It was released...not even a year ago I believe.

I've heard good things about Forsaken World, the more westerny version of Perfect World, not to mention PWE also has a host of other interesting games to play.

Flyff is still holding its own as well, it may be a bit...whats the word...dated? For your requirements.

Hm...I would also check out the other games from the portals that I suggested, DOMO, Aika, Perfect World, Atlantica etc, etc. They are all good in their own regards, but I don't know if they would be worth suggesting for you, so give the portals a look see if you don't like the games I suggested.

Best of luck ^^

• HallowelHallowel Member Posts: 42

I know you asked for one that wasn't previously a P2P game, but just in case you haven't tried it, give Lord of the Rings Online a go.  As for one that has always been F2P, I keep going back to Forsaken World by Perfect World (who bought Cryptic from Atari - thankfully), while waiting for Neverwinter and hopping P2P & F2P games. I am looking forward to Neverwinter, so very much.  

~Ra Hallowel

• bosox95bosox95 Member Posts: 2

Thanks for those suggestions!

Do Eden Eternal and Forsaken World have good playerbases? Those two games both look really good!

• omega78omega78 Member UncommonPosts: 260

EE has a pretty good playerbase, all on 2 servers I believe.

Forsaken World is one of the more popular games on PWE so it is safe to assume it does as well.

Best of luck ^^