Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR to go F2P in 1.3 [mod edit - Level-Based Open Free Trials Coming not F2P]

2»

Comments

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Edited title for clarification. It was misleading.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• JorielJoriel Member UncommonPosts: 177

im not surprised, i even said right before it released "cant wait for it to go f2p in a few months so i can try it" lol

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

No harm in having a permanent free trial up to a certain level. WoW has it, why not SWTOR? Who knows, lots of people might try  the game. I just hope they're not going to abuse the trials and chuck them in with the subscribers to inflate the numbers again. They could even force you to set up your subscription before being able to do the trial. Just like they did when you bought the game and wanted your included 30 days. We'll hear about the details when it gets here.

imageimage
  • CrunkJuice2CrunkJuice2 Member Posts: 568
    Originally posted by Xerith

Not really anything ground breaking, all they are doing is the same thing lots of other games have already done. 

yeah,its quite sad.they gotta twist words around to make things that other mmos have already done to make them look better

like mega servers,yeah.server merging.not real impressed,but whatever.like ive said before.swtor is a great single player game,but a lousy mmo

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

WoW is also "f2p".  You can have a starter edition (free trial) up to lvl 20 with restrictions.