Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall and You

GameFreak97GameFreak97 Member Posts: 2

Imo Darkfall is one of the best RPK MMOs out on the market today.  The dev company needs a ton of work because they give out zero information on any updates.  They've been working on a new Darkfall 2.0 for about 3 years now and still have nothing really to show for it cept some concept artwork.  With that said though the gameplay in it is pretty fun and the pvp in it is a little intense.

Just don't look to be protected by the dev company or the ingame GMs or the forum moderators.  Make sure to always protect yourself both ingame and out of game.  This is more of a public service announcement.  Its a double edged sword, so to speak.  The game is awsome, imo, but the company running it is a joke.  Recently I was sent a PM on the Darkfall game boards from another player informing me how he was going to "rape my 4 year old daughter in real life."  So I reported the PM to the Mods stating their terms of service.  Nothing happened to the individual that sent me the PM.  He then sent me another PM indicating the sexual things he would do to my 4 year old daughter.  So I replied with:  "I wouldn't be talking about what you will do to my daughter unless you want to find out what I will do to you in reall life.".....within 10 minutes I was perma banned from the forums with a warning that ingame action may be taken.

So, as I said, great game but protect yourself because the dev company won't protect you at all.

Comments

• KatlaOdindottirKatlaOdindottir Member Posts: 144

They're improving a lot, and with df 1 about to go free to play until 2.0 I just can't wait.

www.daneslaw.com

@GamerKurisu

Awaiting Darkfall Unholy Wars

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by GameFreak97

Imo Darkfall is one of the best RPK MMOs out on the market today.  The dev company needs a ton of work because they give out zero information on any updates.  They've been working on a new Darkfall 2.0 for about 3 years now and still have nothing really to show for it cept some concept artwork.  With that said though the gameplay in it is pretty fun and the pvp in it is a little intense.

Just don't look to be protected by the dev company or the ingame GMs or the forum moderators.  Make sure to always protect yourself both ingame and out of game.  This is more of a public service announcement.  Its a double edged sword, so to speak.  The game is awsome, imo, but the company running it is a joke.  Recently I was sent a PM on the Darkfall game boards from another player informing me how he was going to "rape my 4 year old daughter in real life."  So I reported the PM to the Mods stating their terms of service.  Nothing happened to the individual that sent me the PM.  He then sent me another PM indicating the sexual things he would do to my 4 year old daughter.  So I replied with:  "I wouldn't be talking about what you will do to my daughter unless you want to find out what I will do to you in reall life.".....within 10 minutes I was perma banned from the forums with a warning that ingame action may be taken.

So, as I said, great game but protect yourself because the dev company won't protect you at all.

Nice story.. too bad its total bs.

If you cared at all to, you could have taken that message, and the non reply of the company(both messages actually) and got ahold of the FBI or something. Even more so if the person giving the threats knew any real info about you at all. Hell i it was someone u knew IRL, u could just have the local police pick him up.

And everyone knows just how fun prison is for child molesters :P

• GameFreak97GameFreak97 Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by AtmaDarkwolf
    Nice story.. too bad its total bs.

If you cared at all to, you could have taken that message, and the non reply of the company(both messages actually) and got ahold of the FBI or something. Even more so if the person giving the threats knew any real info about you at all. Hell i it was someone u knew IRL, u could just have the local police pick him up.

And everyone knows just how fun prison is for child molesters :P

Not a total BS story.

This was the message I got when clicking on their boards. Funny thing is I've been IP banned from thier boards as well.  Yet from what I have seen is that the other guy is still posting on thier boards despite him being the one that directly and explicitly dold me what he was going to do to my daughter, and my message was more of a suggestion of what would happen.

vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
    Death Threats

Date the ban will be lifted: Never