Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It amazes me people will still find something to complain about.

13»

Comments

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240
    Originally posted by Tymoris
    Originally posted by Nirrtix
    Originally posted by jtcgs

hun, you were not who I was talking about. I am refering to those who come here and say they will never buy the game, that it is a piece of trash and that Diablo 2 looks better and blah blah. All of which are not true if they looked at the game and played it.

Hun, check my post history. I have said I will never buy the game...because of the DRM forced online play...

I will not support any game that forces you to play online when it is a standalone game. I will say it, I will say it no matter how much you dont like hearing it and the same is for any game that I BUY. I am a consumer, I have a right to speak even if I dont buy it...because I WOULD HAVE if they didnt use DRM.

If I dont say anything, they will never know they lost a customer because of their actions.

Hun you are missing out. But if you will never buy the game, then do not complain about it. I do not get why you guys complain about it so much. Plenty of games require online access to play even if you solo. You had better get used to it, becuase it is the wave of future gaming.

Name a 3 other single player games that require a constant internet access to play.

It's not complaining it's simply what it is. When I pay for a single player game, I want to play it whenenver I damn well please, not at the discretion or the ability of the company. Is it hard to get that when you pay for something you want to have a sense of control over it? 

Noone is missing out, fortunately there are a lot of good games out there.

As for the future gaming, what you describe, imo is not future gaming, it's just an exploitation of kids/teenagers out of their cash.

Three other games? Sure, here you go:

1. Guild Wars
    2. Path of Exile
    3. Demon Souls (probably Dark Souls too, but to lazy to look it up)
    The only real difference with Guild Wars, Path of Exile and Diablo 3, is that Guild Wars and Path of Exile have the 'towns', in which you can see other players (I believe it's sharded in both games too). That's it. Demon Souls does something way different, with the ghosts and hints, but it still requires an Internet connection to play.

Thing is, Diablo 3 isn't a single player game, despite the fact that you can play it solo. If you buy Diablo 3, you don't buy a single player game. Blizzard never pretended it was too. It's just something the 'fans' came up with. Just because Diablo 1 and 2 were mostly single player games with multiplayer options, doesn't mean that Diablo 3 is the same. The same goes for the PvP aspect in Diablo 2. It was nothing more then a tacked on, barely thought out 'feature' (if you can call it even that). Some players however praise it as one of the core features. Just because some thought it was awesome, doesn't make it so.

The whole DRM argument is in my opinion pretty silly. It's not a diabolical scheme from Blizzard to force people to buy the game. Always online isn't there to pester you. It's there because Diablo 3 is more alike MMO's. The crucial data is on the servers of Blizzard. You can't play without that data. There're only textures, music and movies installed on your hard disk. The rest comes from Blizzard. Perhaps you can join a private server, which emulates some parts of the game. But it's probably not up to par with the authentic servers. Plus, it's a nice way to get your system compromised, for who knows what kind of crap those private servers will send you.

'Wowified graphics' is perhaps even more silly. The game looks and feels nothing like WoW. The proponents of this stupid reason should do a side-by-side comparison. If one does not look the aethetics of the game, fine, but don't parrot that stupid sentence, because it only makes you look damn silly (in particular the folk that then start to praise Torchlight 2...).

Then there is the 'dumbed down' crowd, who still think that cookiecutter builds are the way to go, because that's the only thing skilltrees like that of Diablo 2, Path of Exile and Torchlight 2 promote. Same for the statpoints. What's actually funny to see, is on the official forums of Diablo 3. Some folk made some builds to storm through (at least the bosses) Inferno. Blizzard nerfed that and people started to bitch at that, claiming that Inferno was now impossible. Then other people posted their builds and methods. Apparantly there're already a lot of different builds and setup that can at least farm Inferno in a more safe way. In short, I'm not saying that there won't be cookiecutter builds in Diablo 3, but the new system at least promotes experimenting more and offers more customization in other games that feature skilltrees and the like.

Back to the post I replied too, if you pay money for a single player, then you get one. If you buy Diablo 3 however, you buy a multiplayer game. You can play it solo, but the focus of the game is multiplayer.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I will give it this game is no Diablo 2. But keep in mind that Diablo 2 was best after it's Expansion. Before the LOD expansion the game was good, but not as great as after. With that said I still do not get many of the gripes about Diablo 3.

-Many claim Blizzard is trying to charge you by requiring internet access. The problem with this is Blizzard is not profitting from you needing to have internet access.

-Many claim the game is not free becuase of the real money Auction House. The only problem with that is noone is forcing you to us the real money auction house.

-Some claim Diablo 2 had better graphics. Seriously... This game has much better graphics and the reason it is not super high end graphics is that Blizzard wants to have a game that most people can play while still having decent graphics. It is like that with EVERY Blizzard game.

I have heard other arguements, but I cannot remember them all, but most of them are baseless. Why do people hate this game so much. Many of the haters either barly played the game or did not at all (rolls eyes.)

Nah, Blizzard is forcing you to be online to make things a lot harder for pirates and cheaters, it is a must for a game with RMTAH.

I clame the game isn´t free because it cost 60 bucks here...

And no, while D3 isn´t the bets looking game out there neither was D2. People tend to forget all the crap D2 got because it more or less was the last game not using 3D. D3 looks a lot better.

To me there are 2 things to complain about. The fact that I can´t play single player offline (with no access to the RMTAH to prevent cheating) and the fact that Blizz broke the policy of releasing "when it is ready". That they are patching in PvP later would never had happened if Blizzard stayed away from Activision.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by MikkelB

1. Guild Wars
    2. Path of Exile
    The only real difference with Guild Wars, Path of Exile and Diablo 3, is that Guild Wars and Path of Exile have the 'towns', in which you can see other players (I believe it's sharded in both games too). That's it. Demon Souls does something way different, with the ghosts and hints, but it still requires an Internet connection to play.

Thing is, Diablo 3 isn't a single player game, despite the fact that you can play it solo. If you buy Diablo 3, you don't buy a single player game. Blizzard never pretended it was too. It's just something the 'fans' came up with. Just because Diablo 1 and 2 were mostly single player games with multiplayer options, doesn't mean that Diablo 3 is the same. The same goes for the PvP aspect in Diablo 2. It was nothing more then a tacked on, barely thought out 'feature' (if you can call it even that). Some players however praise it as one of the core features. Just because some thought it was awesome, doesn't make it so.

The whole DRM argument is in my opinion pretty silly. It's not a diabolical scheme from Blizzard to force people to buy the game. Always online isn't there to pester you. It's there because Diablo 3 is more alike MMO's. The crucial data is on the servers of Blizzard. You can't play without that data. There're only textures, music and movies installed on your hard disk. The rest comes from Blizzard. Perhaps you can join a private server, which emulates some parts of the game. But it's probably not up to par with the authentic servers. Plus, it's a nice way to get your system compromised, for who knows what kind of crap those private servers will send you.

'Wowified graphics' is perhaps even more silly. The game looks and feels nothing like WoW. The proponents of this stupid reason should do a side-by-side comparison. If one does not look the aethetics of the game, fine, but don't parrot that stupid sentence, because it only makes you look damn silly (in particular the folk that then start to praise Torchlight 2...).

Then there is the 'dumbed down' crowd, who still think that cookiecutter builds are the way to go, because that's the only thing skilltrees like that of Diablo 2, Path of Exile and Torchlight 2 promote. Same for the statpoints. What's actually funny to see, is on the official forums of Diablo 3. Some folk made some builds to storm through (at least the bosses) Inferno. Blizzard nerfed that and people started to bitch at that, claiming that Inferno was now impossible. Then other people posted their builds and methods. Apparantly there're already a lot of different builds and setup that can at least farm Inferno in a more safe way. In short, I'm not saying that there won't be cookiecutter builds in Diablo 3, but the new system at least promotes experimenting more and offers more customization in other games that feature skilltrees and the like.

Back to the post I replied too, if you pay money for a single player, then you get one. If you buy Diablo 3 however, you buy a multiplayer game. You can play it solo, but the focus of the game is multiplayer.

Dude, those games are CORPGs. If Diablo had public outposts then fine but now it is just a regular game.

• eAzydamaneAzydaman Member Posts: 218

One word, 

Itemization

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I hate the auction house thing and always online. Don't blizzard have enough money without taking a cut from gold sellers / item farmers.

But its a fun game, and some if the changes are for the better.

I also like tl2.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

D3 is not an offline singleplayer game. It is this simple. Why is it so hard for people to deal with it? If you don't like it, don't buy it. But to write walls of text complaining about OTHER parts of the game as well while you HAVE NEVER played the game is ridiculous.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    I hate the auction house thing and always online. Don't blizzard have enough money without taking a cut from gold sellers / item farmers.

I also like tl2.

So are you trying to tell me that if you made a game in which a third party (goldesellers) ran businesses that made thousands if not millions of dollars, you would not try to cut them out and take the profit for yourself?

I know there is no way I would let someone use my intellectual property to make money from essentially doing nothing or running camps of people working in shocking conditions for almost 0 pay.

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by MikkelB

1. Guild Wars
    2. Path of Exile

Dude, those games are CORPGs. If Diablo had public outposts then fine but now it is just a regular game.

It has a gamespanning chat. It has the persistent AH. It only lacks dicking around in a outpost and just missing that makes it that much different the few games I listed? However you want to spin it, Diablo 3 is a CORPG.

• KaledusKaledus Member Posts: 73

Once the RM AH is out, Diablo 3 will be screwed. Plain and simple. :)

• ResiakrawResiakraw Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

I also like tl2.

So are you trying to tell me that if you made a game in which a third party (goldesellers) ran businesses that made thousands if not millions of dollars, you would not try to cut them out and take the profit for yourself?

I know there is no way I would let someone use my intellectual property to make money from essentially doing nothing or running camps of people working in shocking conditions for almost 0 pay.

Because im sure that's Blizzard's reasoning for it, they felt sorry for those people working for the gold sellers lol

Thyere just smarter about it. Instead of having a few 3rd world kids being forced to do it so they can make profit, they have millions of players doing the work and feeding them a portion of their profits from the items they sell eachother.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

lol...

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Some places where D3 is being sold only have internet if you pay an hourly fee. Always on? Always fail.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

I enjoy the game but, there is still plenty to complain about. D3 does need to improve: itemization, droprates, class balance, account security, server quality and downtime, the effects of the RMAH on the community and the game, inferno and cookie cutter specs, etc.

No game is perfect. D2 certainly was not perfect, so in my case it isn't rose-tinted glasses and nostalgia causing me to say that there is still room to complain.

It is true that there is a lot of Blizzard hate on these forums, some of it justified some of it not. But then there is SOE hate, EA hate, etc. I never saw a genre of entertainment that seems to get people into such a crappy mood that it sparks threads and threads of annoyance. It seems to be getting more tinfoil hattish over the past 15 years.

It is a symptom of the big changes we have been seeing in some of the AAA online titles and how they are subsidized by players: all of the games that have suddenly switched from P2P to a hybrid model, more and more single player games requiring an internet connection for a DRM check, more B2P games offering DLCs that complete stories that in the past would have been completed with just the original box, and now RMAHs in a single player/small multiplayer game and possibly a future of online gambling on arena games and other e-sports. Money is becoming ever more and more involved in online games in a way that we probably would not have expected 10 years ago.

All of this is breeding a sort of uncertainty and angst in the players who buy products from the AAA companies concerned, which are inherently those that released some of the classic games we loved in the 90s and that seemed to give us the escape we see from the real world.

So with more nickle and diming, more opaque development practices and more emphasis on turnover over fun, I believe it is just going to get worse with the AAA titles.

I am hoping that the indie trend continues: we need innovation and it is they who will do it since they are less adverse to risk, and emphasize fun over profit. We need a new set of companies to compete with the big names.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.