Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Multiple client downloads?

dubledubdubledub Member Posts: 229

I'd like to participate in the next BWE (so I would pre-purchase now) but I plan on using a different computer at launch - so I was wondering if anyone knows if you can download the GW2 client unlimited times with one game account (like in GW1) 

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172

It's an mmo, so yes, of course. You could also copy/paste the install, this works, however the data at the mo is all wrapped up in one .dat file which I imagine will later on become seperated files for speed reasons.

• 9ineven9ineven Member UncommonPosts: 168

You can do what the above poster said. You also can login to your beta account from the website and download the GW2 patcher from any computer.

GW1 is pretty old now and all the files still in one .dat file too.

• Redfeather75Redfeather75 Member UncommonPosts: 230

Copy the game onto a usb stick.
    Copy it onto any computer, start it up, and login.
    Game don't care so long as you have an account to login through.

• dubledubdubledub Member Posts: 229

Thanks everyone :)

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863
    What game in 2012 (or ever) would allow a single install?

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by wartyxwt

It's an mmo, so yes, of course. You could also copy/paste the install, this works, however the data at the mo is all wrapped up in one .dat file which I imagine will later on become seperated files for speed reasons.

I don't think so. A single file can be much faster than separated files too, because you only have to load a single reference and segment similar files by purpose or type. By default, it should be faster to load a single file than multiple files. Just copy one or two larger files and compare the transmission speed to multiple files of a similar size.

• dubledubdubledub Member Posts: 229
    Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

I haven't played that many games, I was just wondering.

Before I spend £50 I thought I would go to the extreme length of writing a 30 second post on a forum

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by dubledub
    Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

I haven't played that many games, I was just wondering.

Before I spend £50 I thought I would go to the extreme length of writing a 30 second post on a forum

I know others have wondered the same thing. Glad you got a proper answer pretty quickly, don't worry about the rest.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated