Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

good beginner class

Sup everyone,

I'm new the vanguard and i was wondering what you veterans think is the best beginner class..i like caster classes alot..the blood mage, bard, necromancer and psyonist appeal me the most..

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

I love blood mage a lot. Play Paladin myself and like it the most so far.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

It really depends on you. As a caster I really enjoy psi- having a lot of control makes things infinitely easier regardless of soloing or grouping. If you're dead set on soloing then I'd advise necro. If you're more group oriented then maybe druid or shaman would be a better choice as they have a LOT of buffs.

• BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366

+1 Blood Mage

• rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725

The thing with VG is you have to play a class to at least level 20 to know how it will play at higher levels.

The first 10 levels of necro you will be a kiter, until you get your pet. Then most of your focus will be on agro management. At higher levels you get a few different play style options (focus on pets or ranged dps).

Psi gets more and more complicated as you mez mobs and get them to fight each other in sequence. It's not an easy class to play but if you get good at it you will be a great addition to any group (if a group needs dps, they'll get pref to a psi for their cc).

Bard song is confusing at first, a lot of people ask in chat how to make songs (this is a UI issue, it's not very obvious). Once you get the hang of it you just need to have the appropriate one up. When running around, you have to always keep track of the other group members, if they fall behind they lose the speed buff and get lost. It's even worse underwater.

Blood mage has to fight within melee range to heal, a lot of people enjoy this class.

Kiters like sorc and druid are circle straffing killing machines once you get good speed buffs and levitate. Sometimes you will be more of a turret depending on if you need heals due to aoe etc.

As shaman you will be able to play as a ranged caster, melee dpser or tank. You can swap between them but I found it easier to just play the one style unless a group badly needs a tank for example. Many level as wolf as it is fast and more jack of all trades.

• KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428

Has this game gone f2p yet? How much p2w will be in the CS when this occurs? and if it has gone live already how's the population. I really liked this game when I played it a few years back, but i had to quit because there was literally NO ONE to play with.

• trillgodtrillgod Member Posts: 52

wow thanks for the great replies..i started a necro and its pretty standard kite and blast class..kind of boring lol..just a question..i find that theres a lack of adventuring quest in starter area..i see mostly diplomatic quest..and question wha does diplomacy bring..i see theres 3 types of levels - adventuring (ur main) crafting and diplomacy..which one should i focus the most..how long does it take to finish toe trial?

I'm also looking for a good team class..that can do decent dps and heal his group..kind of like a hybrid druid or pally in WoW

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494
    Originally posted by trillgod

wow thanks for the great replies..i started a necro and its pretty standard kite and blast class..kind of boring lol..just a question..i find that theres a lack of adventuring quest in starter area..i see mostly diplomatic quest..and question wha does diplomacy bring..i see theres 3 types of levels - adventuring (ur main) crafting and diplomacy..which one should i focus the most..how long does it take to finish toe trial?

I would advise doing all three spheres to 10 before leaving the isle. The only item that is really priceless you'll get from completion of all the adventuring quests anyway. You don't need to focus on any of them. Personally, I only adventure when I have people to group with, otherwise I rely solely on crafting and diplomacy solo. If no one has pointed you toward it, you can download UI enhancements in this game and I prefer Droxycore- it allows a lot of flexibility based on what spheres of the game you prefer and all enhancements can me moved/turned off.

wait so you dont need to adventure? how do you learn new spells if you have low adventure level?>

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Blood mage is fun.

Necro would be good to solo with.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Originally posted by trillgod

wait so you dont need to adventure? how do you learn new spells if you have low adventure level?>

How I play.....As always, everyone has their own style.

Adventuring comes naturally. You take quest, you fight, you gain level.

In the first area, before the short bridge, you do all the 1-4 level quest to get the basics down.  Here you will have a swamp area that's a lot of fun.  This is also where you can begin the Diplomacy tutorial.  I never even tried Diplomacy, sorry just not into it.

The second area is for about levels 4-7. A little harder.  Here you have a medium size cave just barely over the bridge.  After you cross the bridge you will see quest givers for the cave.  The cave is your first chance to group.  I would recommend inviting anyone you see around this area, as most everyone will group.

Next is the first little town.  Here you will get harder quest and be able to do the Crafting tutorial.  This area is for around 5-8, you will also have to do the Zealot quest where you have to use a ring to summons, talk and fight him.  The Zealot could range from easy to hard to fight depending on how good you are with the timing of using the ring.  Best done with someone in the area to help.

Just before you go over the long bridge to the next area, you will see npc's to offer you the Harvesting totorial...Take them.

Then over the long bridge.  Not very hard and for levels 7-9, It has a small encampment that could be a challenge because the mobs are close together and agro easily.  Can be soloed, but best to have at least one friend.  Here you will practice harvesting.  

Next is the last small fort area, again not very hard. Just a few quest for levels 8-9.  But just past the Fort you will get both the Flying tutorial quest and the quest for the group Dungeon that you will have to fly to get to it.  Again, you could easily pick up a group at the quest giver, ask in chat, or fly to the entrance and wait for someone to come along.

Last, at level 10 you will be able to find the Rift used to zone out of the Trial area into the real world if you pay the sub.

Notes on how I PLAY :

-Crafting- get your crafting as high as you can before leaving the starter area or you will find it hard to play catch us in the real world.

-Harvesting- Same thing, get two harvesting up to 100 before you leave or you will be playing catch up before you leave the starting area.

-Diplomacy- I don't know anything about it.

As good and deep as Crafting Harvesting and Diplomacy are. I found that all are time consuming, and takes away from my adventuring, this is only my choice.  For me I could make the money by selling stuff on the auction.  But maybe this could hurt you at end game if you make it that far.  

MOST IMPORTANT, if you decide to continue after the Trial. Everyone would recommend making a few friends soon after getting to the real world.  I use the SOCIAL PANEL and search for others in the game, ask nicely if you can quest with them.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Well, depends upon what you want.

- Easy to play classes ? Paladin, Cleric, Sorcerer. Still quite complex compared to other games, there are no "single button mashing" classes in VG, but really not that uber hard to figure out.

- Great solists ? Bear Shaman, Disciple, Necromancer, Dread Knight, Paladin, Cleric.

- Unique classes of VG ? Blood Mage. Disciple was unique, but recently WoW copied them.

- Great main chars ? Well, I wouldnt choose Warrior, because thats a class that really cant handle anything solo. Everything else should be fine.

- Classes in high demand ? Hmm. Since VG tanks (except Warrior) and healers are great solists (except Phoenix Shaman), theres no shortage of either. Thus play what class you like to play.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Originally posted by waynejr2

Necro would be good to solo with.

The main reason Necro is a great choice for first character is that a large amount of their functionality and dps output comes from their pets, which in turn do not depend upon the quality of your gear.

The main reason Necro is not such a great choice for first character is that you only need one Necromancer per raidforce, since some of their damage over time spells do not stack.