Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

joke of a game.

lovehina21lovehina21 Member UncommonPosts: 56

Been a member for a few years and i know how much you all hate this.

But im going to anyways.

THIS GAME SUCKS.

LOL point and click no thinking involved.   no skill trees either.

this game is a real joke. 

dont bother saying to me "it gets harder"   oh i know that.  dont care that it does.  because i beat it once.  and uninstalled

the game will not change at all no matter how many times i play it. 

well looking at it as a console game.  i do spend 60 bucks on PS3 games so i guess its alright.

although i never had a ps3 game that i beat in 1 day.

12 years for this crap?  act 1 = 10 stages

act 2 = 9?

act 3 = 7

act 4 = 4 <-- LOL

*and to blizzard*

12 years guys.  please shove this game up ur ass .

i probably would of liked it more if this was called lost dark souls (single/co-op) !

= Scent to bed =

Comments

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Okay.  Thanks for sharing.  

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Well thanks for your input.

I personally think skill trees are old and busted. A tired overused mechanic that has overstayed it's welcome.

That's about the only coherent complaint I could gather from your post so I won't touch the rest.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

This is interesting... I assume that the OP did not play D2. I wonder if this game will offer the years of playability that D2 did. I find myself playing Amra 2 more, and not really able to get into D3. The more I play it the more I want to play D2 for the character customization.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566
    Originally posted by TruthXHurts

This is interesting... I assume that the OP did not play D2. I wonder if this game will offer the years of playability that D2 did. I find myself playing Amra 2 more, and not really able to get into D3. The more I play it the more I want to play D2 for the character customization.

This is why Pat of Exile could become a smash hit once it gathers some momentum. The amount of choice and freedom it allows in character development and skill builds, from early levels on, is a breath of fresh air compared to any other hack & slasher ever made. And you can quote me on that.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by TruthXHurts

Well, then you should love D3, since you get more build options than you ever did from the skill trees.  

Actually I can't quote you on that Pony, I'm on my phone and the damn mobile site doesn't have a quote button. :(

I really would like to try PoE, but I don't really pay for betas ever. I almost pulled the trigger on the $10 thing a couple times but backed off.

Maybe they'll invite me, I usually have good luck with that.

Anyways, OP, he makes a good point. If d3 isn't your thing but you like hack and slash there's always PoE.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

• Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    While playing through I felt like the game was bottom heavy too in that there was less and less to do in each act. Idk if it was intentional as the encounters do get more challenging, but it left me feeling like they started the game thinking big then fell behind and cut corners to make deadlines. I'm on the fence with this one. I'm in act 1 inferno now but I'm starting to log in less and less. Kind of burned it out rather quickly which doesn't leave me too happy. This was supposed to last until gw2.

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

D3 is alright for what it is: A Hack and Slash.

But I will say this; I am in Hell ACT 2 with my Wizard atm, and I am severely dissapointed with how they have raised the difficulty levels in this game. I have maybe 3 builds that are viable for me to play with at lvl 54, and those builds only have a variation of 1-2 skills, and I am forced to Constantly Kite or risk getting 1 shot, sometimes having to kite for a good 8 minutes on certain elite packs with shielding or mortar, and if I get Jailer/Vortex/Teleport I might as well just restart the level.

It actually irks me that certain skills and runes become obsolete because its suicide even trying to incorporate them into your build, like I just got a rune for Spectral Blades which heals me for 8% of the damage I do on Crits... sounds cool, except for its a short range spell and 8% of my 6k Crits isn't going to do jack for me when mobs hit me for 3-5k each.

They could have done difficulties a number of different ways, but theyve taken the easiest route and just increased monster health and damage to rediculous amounts.

Don't play past Nightmare and you will have fun, but if you plan to play Hell or higher, expect to do a lot of farming to get your gear up to scratch. It's basically WoW's Raiding system but without the added extras, Fun...

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by Kreedz

But I will say this; I am in Hell ACT 2 with my Wizard atm, and I am severely dissapointed with how they have raised the difficulty levels in this game. I have maybe 3 builds that are viable for me to play with at lvl 54, and those builds only have a variation of 1-2 skills, and I am forced to Constantly Kite or risk getting 1 shot, sometimes having to kite for a good 8 minutes on certain elite packs with shielding or mortar, and if I get Jailer/Vortex/Teleport I might as well just restart the level.

It actually irks me that certain skills and runes become obsolete because its suicide even trying to incorporate them into your build, like I just got a rune for Spectral Blades which heals me for 8% of the damage I do on Crits... sounds cool, except for its a short range spell and 8% of my 6k Crits isn't going to do jack for me when mobs hit me for 3-5k each.

They could have done difficulties a number of different ways, but theyve taken the easiest route and just increased monster health and damage to rediculous amounts.

Don't play past Nightmare and you will have fun, but if you plan to play Hell or higher, expect to do a lot of farming to get your gear up to scratch. It's basically WoW's Raiding system but without the added extras, Fun...

Lol...just wait till Inferno..

But with that being said, people are kind of pigeonholing themselves right now.  The builds in this game require you to really theorycraft with the ridiculous amount of stats to see how effect they will be.  Right now, very few specs work because people have been focusing on the traditional stats (int for Wizards and Witch Doctors, dexterity for Demon Hunters and Monk, and strength for Barbs.)  This is fine, but it will only get you so far.  Additionally, everybody is undergeared because the game just came out.

To get certain specs to work, people need to start focusing on secondary stats.  In your case, crit % and plus crit damage along with high vitality.  Thats just an example but I hope you get my point.

For my Witch Doctor, I have focused on intellect to keep my damage fairly high, along with a lot of attack speed for poison dart spam , as well as plus resistance to all to survive a few hits in inferno.  Its slow and painful, buts its doable!

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

You cannot expect all the skills and runes to be viable for ALL situations, that's why you can swap out your skills on the fly, also some of the skills and runes are rubbsh for solo but in co-op become much better than others.  On my barb Iwhen playing solo I have a lot of defensive skills, Leap, Stomp, ingnore pain, I cannot jump into the middle of a pack @ hell and cleave them down any more, but in co-op I got for mostly offensive.

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442
    Originally posted by TheHavok

But with that being said, people are kind of pigeonholing themselves right now.  The builds in this game require you to really theorycraft with the ridiculous amount of stats to see how effect they will be.  Right now, very few specs work because people have been focusing on the traditional stats (int for Wizards and Witch Doctors, dexterity for Demon Hunters and Monk, and strength for Barbs.)  This is fine, but it will only get you so far.  Additionally, everybody is undergeared because the game just came out.

To get certain specs to work, people need to start focusing on secondary stats.  In your case, crit % and plus crit damage along with high vitality.  Thats just an example but I hope you get my point.

For my Witch Doctor, I have focused on intellect to keep my damage fairly high, along with a lot of attack speed for poison dart spam , as well as plus resistance to all to survive a few hits in inferno.  Its slow and painful, buts its doable!

I am well aware that stats need to balanced in a way that makes sense for your character.

At first I thought It would be Int > Vit > Dex for wizard, because traditionally You'd think wizards need to dodge with a moderate amount of Dex, but the skills we get don't exactly compliment that. So now I am going Int > Vit > Str, because we get bonuses to Armor with certain Armor Spells, such as Energy Armor. Personally I think it's stupid to design a Wizard to have to take hits instead of avoiding them, but it seems quite obvious Blizzard thinks thats where Wizards should get their survivability from; our Armor and Absorb spells.

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Originally posted by TheHavok

I agree with the theorycrafting thing totally.  

You can't just take any skills and throw them together with any other skills and have them work. You also will need to use different gear for certain builds.

On my monk, there were a lot of skills that I thought were pretty crappy and useless. Recently, I had an idea on how to use some those skills properly in an Inferno build.  I didn't know if it was going to work or not, but I focused on making a build out of a couple abilities and added some other stuff to support them.  

The end result was a build that rivaled the dps output of my Wizard friend with better gear than mine. I didn't expect it to work in Inferno because everyone says you need to go tanky to survive Inferno as a Monk. I found that in practice it worked really well, however. I killed stuff before it could kill me.  I kept my defensive gear on for the most part, but was able to use buffs and procs to increase my DPS to around 30 - 35k.  My gear only gave me about 13-15k dps depending on what I decided to use. 

Anyways, I found something that I thought was viable when everyone was saying DPS monks were no good with skills that even I thought would be of no use in Inferno from my own experience. 

I think there are builds that will work very well in high level play that may not be obvious. I just decided to try out a defensive build again so that I had a good working build of each, but I wanted something different. I used a bunch of runes and skills that I never tried before and it worked very well.  

It's all about figuring out how to combine the skills. The builds aren't obvious because there is not an indication in game of how to combine the skills like you would see in a skill tree. A skill tree seperates the skills into groups that work together and gives you a path of progression that tells you exactly what to do.  D3 just gives you a crapload of skills and lets you figure out how to use them. 

The other day, a Wizard friend of mine was talking about how his build was the only way he could see a Wizard possibly working in Inferno.  I told him that my other friend didn't use any of the skills he was talking about and he kicks butt.

I think the limitations of builds are largely a problem with out perception. There is more stuff that works than people think right now. If you do some experimentation, use elective mode, and look for skills that might have synergy together you can find odd builds that work well at high level play. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774
    Originally posted by DarkPony

This is why Pat of Exile could become a smash hit once it gathers some momentum. The amount of choice and freedom it allows in character development and skill builds, from early levels on, is a breath of fresh air compared to any other hack & slasher ever made. And you can quote me on that.

I think you overestimate the tiny minority that likes broken and unbalanced systems like those of DII and PoE. PoE could get popular among that crowd but it's a tiny crowd.

PoE has FFA loot. On purpose. It's overally seems to be made by immature DII fans for immature DII fans. Of course they'll like it.

-------------------

I'm having a lot of fun with the skill system at the moment, but I don't play like mots people do. I played DII by picking a build and trying to force it to work. See how far I can get. This very frequently required a lot of farming and sitting on lower difficulty levels, but I loved it. I hated the ideas of rushing, Baal runs, and hammerdins. DIII let's me do that without DII's drawbacks. I couldn't have asked for anything else.

This discussion has been closed.