Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newest WOW-coup: Cross-Realm Zones

1235»

Comments

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

guild wars 2 lets you play on any server as a guest. so if your friends are on a different server you can jump into their server and play with them.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

While there are many things I loathe about what Blizz has done ot WoW but I do admire how they are always putting new features in to stay in touch with frinds or playing with em unlike other MMOs who turn a blind eye hoping the problem goes away and refusing to acknowledge it either.

• ClawzonClawzon Member UncommonPosts: 188

Here's my take on it - I love it!

But....I've read some of the peoples cons though;

It ruins PvE servers, RP servers etc...!  No, as they said in f.a.q, servers of the same ruleset will be zoned together.

If I meet a nice player in the world I still wont be able to form a guild with him/her! True, but without this new system you would never met that player at all.

Merge servers instead! If a person would like to commit suicide I guess there a several ways to do so, if an mmorpg would like to commit suicide..... go merge some servers!! It's just not a good idea to do that if you wanna live....

Gathering materials will be a pain! Or maybe not, the spawnrate can easily be adjusted by the number of players in zone. (personally though, I used to like fighting the enemy over a piece of herb/ore back in the days)

I like questing in an empty zone all by myself! I respect that in a way but hey, do you know  that there are some good games outthere, like dragon age, skyrim etc.... really good games actually!

I want to quest my way through as fast as possible to cap and then to...... Hey!! wait just a second here! Can't we all just try to play for fun just for once? Before you e-sporters discovered this games the whole community was way better! And this comes from a person that actually do arenas once in a while for both fun and gear!  "as fast as possible".....Jesus

I will be ganked! No, if you once decided to play on a PvE server because you will be able to quest and explore in peace and quite you will still be able to do so, again- servers of the same ruleset will be zoned together!

90's will camp low-level zones! Not necessarily. For you who dislike, read above.  For ME and aswell some other folks around here.... this could be Heaven!!!  Remember Stranglehorn Vale, or Southshore/Tarren mill...;)

This don't solve the real probs with lowpop realms! Well, I'm in a decent populated realm so I don't have the problems I've read about but okej; in low populated realms there can be difficulties to find raiding guilds etc. and the auction house isn't as good as it should. This new feature won't solve these problems but then again, server merges can ruin any mmo outthere so...

Solution for low populated realms at this moment? I don't know to be honest.... But this system won't get it much worse though.

Sorry for my spelling and grammar btw, ain't native language.

:)

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by Elikal

Blizzard with it's monster MMO WOW has once again proven to be in the front line of change and tackling issues, by introducint cross realm zones.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05/10/world-of-warcraft-unveils-cross-realm-zones/

"The feature does exactly what it says on the tin: When a zone is underpopulated, the players in that zone will be given the option to form a group with players from a select pool of realms (presumably the server's battlegroup) with whom they can run about and quest as usual."

Great idea! I wish all MMOs had this. *cough* SWTOR *cough* But noooo, Bioware with it's 100-300 million dollars wasn't able to plan something to work with the issue of unpopulation. Bah.

Chapeau to Blizzard.

*golf clap*

~walks away

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• Drama24-7Drama24-7 Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by Elikal

Blizzard with it's monster MMO WOW has once again proven to be in the front line of change and tackling issues, by introducint cross realm zones.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05/10/world-of-warcraft-unveils-cross-realm-zones/

"The feature does exactly what it says on the tin: When a zone is underpopulated, the players in that zone will be given the option to form a group with players from a select pool of realms (presumably the server's battlegroup) with whom they can run about and quest as usual."

Great idea! I wish all MMOs had this. *cough* SWTOR *cough* But noooo, Bioware with it's 100-300 million dollars wasn't able to plan something to work with the issue of unpopulation. Bah.

Chapeau to Blizzard.

If the last three words of the first sentence above read "direct flight paths" I could have shared the OP's enthusiasm (who pays him to type stuff like this, anyway?). But cross realm zones is about as useless as decorating Undercity with Christmas decorations.

Botte to Blizzard.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

SWTOR doesn't have cross realm...

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Peope can argue as much as they want but this is potentialy a great feature. Except from possible technical problems, right now I don't see how making online worlds more lively is a bad thing in any way.