Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Apologies...

GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I made an ass out of myself in a thread, in what I agree with MikeB *should* have been well-meaning, and I'd like to apologize.

It is a firm belief of mine that "parental fear" and the thought of "what if it happened to me/mine?" is a huge factor behind the majority response that any parent would exhibit when seeing examples such as that, and I find it incredibly selfish and egoist, but it was incredibly selfish to indulge myself as well, as it definitely was not the time or place to bring it up. What should have been a thread that was for paying condolences became my soapbox to call out people on what I felt was "identifying with grief for all the wrong reasons", and I apologize whole-headtedly to the people directly involved, and the readers I knowingly offended.

I'm going to take a break from posting for a while, after seeing how long it took guilt to creep up on me.

~GT

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

Comments

• WaldoCornWaldoCorn Member UncommonPosts: 235

Take each day as it comes, you've posted plenty o good stuff.

See the world and all within it.
    Live a lifetime in every minute.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Hey GT... Don't let one moment of craziness get you down as it happenes to the best of us. Take as much time as you need but do come back! I've had to do the same in the past when my emotions on a given subject have clouded my better judgement. It happens but treat it more as a learning experience and you'll be fine.

I actually took about 2 months off from this site about a year ago because of one post. Someone wrote, "Hey Bren, I usually agree with just about everything you write here but this is just batshit crazy!". After reading that I went back and reread what I had written and had to agree. It was humbling to say the least. I've never forgotten that one post even though I can't remember the poster but the message has stuck with me. I've tried my best since then to pay a little more attention to what I write here.

Anyways like I said it happens so don't let it keep you down for too long but learn from this and you'll better yourself for the future. You're a good poster 99% of the time so don't let that 1% keep you down.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

It`s cool bro, we have all been there at one point. Haha some more then others*like me sadly*

I took a break also for like 1 week, it does help.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by GTwander

I made an ass out of myself in a thread, in what I agree with MikeB *should* have been well-meaning, and I'd like to apologize.

It is a firm belief of mine that "parental fear" and the thought of "what if it happened to me/mine?" is a huge factor behind the majority response that any parent would exhibit when seeing examples such as that, and I find it incredibly selfish and egoist, but it was incredibly selfish to indulge myself as well, as it definitely was not the time or place to bring it up. What should have been a thread that was for paying condolences became my soapbox to call out people on what I felt was "identifying with grief for all the wrong reasons", and I apologize whole-headtedly to the people directly involved, and the readers I knowingly offended.

I'm going to take a break from posting for a while, after seeing how long it took guilt to creep up on me.

~GT

Good for you, GT! I'm glad you were able to identify the issue here. I'm sure all the people involved will appreciate the apology, as well.

Hope you'll return to us soon!

• lifesbrinklifesbrink Member UncommonPosts: 553

I am so lost, I even looked through previous posts of yours, but I still don't get what exactly was said that was so wrong?

My blog is a continuing story of what MMO's should be like.