Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pokket lost in SWTOR?

SircaSirca Member UncommonPosts: 110

Noticed there are no longer any articles nor inputs from Pokket? Has she felt into depression due to the lack of success of SWTOR? Quit videogaming to open a manucure shop?

Comments

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

Maybe realized she is a crappy reviewer?

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

I believe her latest video on MMORPG.com's Youtube channel covered SWTOR's latest patch...

• AemiAemi Member Posts: 148

No. Pokket plays TERA now.

And Pokket is awesome.

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

Pokket will cover any thing that she cant and will get payed for, this isn't TB's cata vlog or any other fan/passion "driven" content.

She's a female which some might find attractive(personally too i don't but last time i've commented on some one saying OMG she's so HOT i was called a duchebag) that can appeal to a demographic which can and will generate revenu for the companies involved.

Im not saying she's getting payed directly by Bioware, of Frogster or who ever(alltough some sort of sponsership is more than plausible since manny bloggers get some compensation directly from companies or close affiliates) but she will continue to review the "hottest" fresh game/s currently on the market since that is what will generate the most traffic to her channel/affiliate pages.

With this buisness model there is little point to stick to a specific game since they lose steam, the market gets saturated with content, and you run out of stuff to review very quickly.

• MonvedaMonveda Member Posts: 16

I don't get the weird hate comments in this thread to be honest.Keep in mind that the people who work for gaming sites are also gamers like us they can have high expectations for a title and eventually they can lose some of that enthusiasm for whatever reason.There is nothing wrong with that. If anything it shows they are not in that company's pokket :)

There is also the fact that their job is to cover topics according to the demand from their readers.Since many of us don't care for swtor anymore and most of the biodrones are dispersed , it'd be pointless to keep writing about the game. 

• AemiAemi Member Posts: 148
    Originally posted by DOGMA1138

Pokket will cover any thing that she cant and will get payed for, this isn't TB's cata vlog or any other fan/passion "driven" content.

She's a female which some might find attractive(personally too i don't but last time i've commented on some one saying OMG she's so HOT i was called a duchebag) that can appeal to a demographic which can and will generate revenu for the companies involved.

Im not saying she's getting payed directly by Bioware, of Frogster or who ever(alltough some sort of sponsership is more than plausible since manny bloggers get some compensation directly from companies or close affiliates) but she will continue to review the "hottest" fresh game/s currently on the market since that is what will generate the most traffic to her channel/affiliate pages.

With this buisness model there is little point to stick to a specific game since they lose steam, the market gets saturated with content, and you run out of stuff to review very quickly.

Her gender has nothing to do with anything. Pokket is a gamer. If you like her personality, then you'll enjoy watching her reviews and content. If not, you won't. Girls play games too, I know that scares you cause your insecure and are afraid of women because you have vagina envy, but that's ok. I'm sure one day you'll overcome this immaturity and accept the facts.

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481
    Originally posted by Aemi
    Originally posted by DOGMA1138

Her gender has nothing to do with anything. Pokket is a gamer. If you like her personality, then you'll enjoy watching her reviews and content. If not, you won't. Girls play games too, I know that scares you cause your insecure and are afraid of women because you have vagina envy, but that's ok. I'm sure one day you'll overcome this immaturity and accept the facts.

This is probably going to get me into trouble again, but  (DISCLAIMER: IN MY OPINION) you're completely wrong. Her gender has EVERYTHING do to with it. I've seen at least a thread a week on these molasses-in-january slow forums regarding Pokket and her doing or not doing something. How many threads do you see about males doing or not doing something? If she wasn't a woman, no one would give a single solitary shit (gotta work in your alliteration somewhere) about what she had to say. If she was a he, it'd just be another gamer voicing their opinion on something. Granted if she was a he she'd probably still have tits, because going by stereotypes means she'd be fat and have acne.

[mod edit]

Now with 57.3% more flames!

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by pyrofreak

This is probably going to get me into trouble again, but  (DISCLAIMER: IN MY OPINION) you're completely wrong. Her gender has EVERYTHING do to with it.

Yep, let's look at the facts people...

Market for gorgeous gamer hunks? No.

Market for hot gamer chicks? Absolutely.

Male reviewers have to rely solely on wit and their sense of humor, if they are boring it just doesn't fly. Chicks get by on their looks alone, just like in the real world, and how it's always been - and always will be. Double standard much? Absolutely.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• lifesbrinklifesbrink Member UncommonPosts: 553
    Originally posted by GTwander
    Originally posted by pyrofreak

This is probably going to get me into trouble again, but  (DISCLAIMER: IN MY OPINION) you're completely wrong. Her gender has EVERYTHING do to with it.

Yep, let's look at the facts people...

Market for gorgeous gamer hunks? No.

Market for hot gamer chicks? Absolutely.

Male reviewers have to rely solely on wit and their sense of humor, if they are boring it just doesn't fly. Chicks get by on their looks alone, just like in the real world, and how it's always been - and always will be. Double standard much? Absolutely.

Exactly, I have seen many game reviewers be male and they are completely engrossing to watch, due to humor or some aspect of intelligence that they throw off.  Are any of them very attractive?  No.  They are decent looking some of the time, but that is not a requirement.

Pokket, though...I have seen her video reviews, which, incidentally, are mostly video reviews, and hey, what do you know?  She is rather boring to listen to.  Her last video had a large segment on this sex game coming out too...hmm.  She made sure she could be seen the whole video too, despite the other people that were being highlighted with comments.

Look at Teala on here, she can have interesting things to post, and you will note, most of her stuff is text.  But even then, she has admitted to being a stripper in the past, and you know that sort of confession on a site like this gains instant popularity, whether she wanted it or not.

Pokket is sex-appeal, and this is using a double-standard.  As for this being what it has to be?  No, girls can review games and be just as fresh and intelligent and funny as what we see from other guys.  Girls just need to not be lazy, fall back on sex appeal, and step up to the plate.

At least Pokket is happy doing what she does, though.

My blog is a continuing story of what MMO's should be like.

This discussion has been closed.