Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Y U No Play: Diablo III?

KaeyiDreamKaeyiDream Member UncommonPosts: 76

Hey All,

Much like my 'Y U No Play: SWTOR?' video i decided to create one for the infamous Diablo III, as i have completed the game on normal mode.

This video is designed to give you a general idea about the game and the things that i like about it and why i think you should also play it.

I hope you enjoy it!

CLICK HERE TO WATCH!

I have also written an impressions article over here!

Now tell me.. Have you played it? Did you enjoy it? Have you tried hardcore yet? 

<3 Kaeyi

Kaeyi; Guild Leader of Somnium! Twitter: @KaeyiDream Youtube: www.youtube.com/KaeyiDream Website: www.kaeyidream.com

Comments

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Hardcore level 32 DemonHunter. Ive died 3x at ~level 30 :(. Nightmare is mean.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

No I haven't tried it but to answer your original question as to why... I play games mainly on a gaming laptop in places where Internet isn't always available. The always online requirement of Diablo III is a major gamebreaker for me personally because I really can't see the point in spending $60 on a game I wouldn't be able to play at least 60% of the time I spend gaming in a week. I'll wait for TL2 as it's only $20 and I can play it anywhere I happen to be. I'm not saying D3 is a bad game mind you just in my current situation it just wouldn't be a wise gaming investment. I may pick it up at some point in the future when the price drops considerably or my situation changes where I'm not on the road so much.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

I don't play because of BattleNet.

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326

I don't play because Blizzard stinks of greed more then anything nowdays, I won't give them a cent.

• Fuck that DRM.

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Better than paying EA I think.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Online single player + Blizzard = Nope. Also I am not a tool.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

I did play. I don't play anymore though. The dungeons aren't well done enough to make me want to do them 100 times over for an item that will never drop.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

I like one-line comments! I don't play because DRM, RMAH, Dumbed down gameplay.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• itssantositssantos Member UncommonPosts: 84

I played it for around 30-40 hours so I feel i got my monies worth but I did feel it fell short. As another poster mentioned the dungeons and the overall landscape just did not promote replayability in my view point. I played a barbarian into hell mode and when I tried to make a witch doctor I couldn't get myself past act 2 realizing I would have to do it over and over to get to hell/inferno.

I'm looking foward to TL2 but if I don't like it much either might just need to realize that the hack n slash interest I had is long gone.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Kaey - I will check out your video. Having played Diablo and D2 for years I can say that I am thoroghly satisfied with D3. Most complaints are due to people being bitter about the wait. I'll admit I was bitter too. As for DRM complainers chiming in, a company has the right to protect it's IP and with at least 6.5 million sales I don't think Blizzard is worried about the minority of PC gamers who are die hard anti DRM. You DRM complainers are all missing out.

• KaeyiDreamKaeyiDream Member UncommonPosts: 76

Updated OP with my article about my Diablo III impressions and experience!

Originally posted by Brenelael

No I haven't tried it but to answer your original question as to why... I play games mainly on a gaming laptop in places where Internet isn't always available. The always online requirement of Diablo III is a major gamebreaker for me personally because I really can't see the point in spending $60 on a game I wouldn't be able to play at least 60% of the time I spend gaming in a week. I'll wait for TL2 as it's only $20 and I can play it anywhere I happen to be. I'm not saying D3 is a bad game mind you just in my current situation it just wouldn't be a wise gaming investment. I may pick it up at some point in the future when the price drops considerably or my situation changes where I'm not on the road so much.

Bren

I completely understand the always online scenario, it is frustrating when playing solo that you get lag as well. I know a lot of people are waiting on TL2 instead of playing D3.

Originally posted by Yalexy

I don't play because of BattleNet.

Why is this? you don't like the online situation or generally dont like battle.net?

Kaeyi; Guild Leader of Somnium! Twitter: @KaeyiDream Youtube: www.youtube.com/KaeyiDream Website: www.kaeyidream.com

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by gestalt11

Fuck that DRM.

This

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Its not an MMO or I would, plus I cant fathom spending $60.00 on a game I am liekly to never complete because I get to entrenched in MMO's to ever go back to most single player games.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Its not an MMO or I would, plus I cant fathom spending $60.00 on a game I am liekly to never complete because I get to entrenched in MMO's to ever go back to most single player games.

Hehe i know the feeling, as soon as GW2 comes out D3 will be history however ill probably complete D3 before GW2 is released :3

• UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514

No real PC at the moment. Even so I haven't bought a Blizzard game since WC3 and from what my friend has shown me it's really nothing special from what I was seeing. Looks like D1 with better graphics. I also loved Diablo, grew up on it along with Warcraft so you'd think I'd be all over Blizzard.

Not so much.

Not to mention most single player RPGs are fairly boring to me anymore with the way they handle them. Diablo 3 is neither an MMO or RPG really. Should've labeled it a "DC" Dungeon Crawler.

• TymorisTymoris Member UncommonPosts: 158

Tried it out from the computer of a friend.

No I don't intend to play it.

Why? Because I don't intend to pay 60 euros to play with a random dungeon generator, that requires me to always be online and even then play at the discretion of the company.

Plus I consider it retarded when I hear the sentence ''Lag in a single player game''.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

Because I won't support their Real Money Auction House. Much like I skipped Mass Effect III due to their Day-1 DLC crap. 

Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

Because I won't support their Real Money Auction House. Much like I skipped Mass Effect III due to their Day-1 DLC crap. 

You don't have to use the AH..

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by KaeyiDream

That's correct, I don't have to use it, but by buying the game I am condoning their decision to implement one. I won't do that. 

That's correct, I don't have to use it, but by buying the game I am condoning their decision to implement one. I won't do that. 

Personally i think they were just trying to make it easier to buy items, as alot of people struggled in previous Diablo's :3

• tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298

Always Online, 60$, Blizzard

• TymorisTymoris Member UncommonPosts: 158

Personally i think they were just trying to make it easier to buy items, as alot of people struggled in previous Diablo's :3

Well that's a fair point, but I am pretty sure they just use it as a bait to have a marketing excuse of the ''always online'' trade off.

Originally posted by Tymoris

Well that's a fair point, but I am pretty sure they just use it as a bait to have a marketing excuse of the ''always online'' trade off.

Yeah, i wouldnt mind being able to play it offline.. i do enjoy the coop alot though!

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

I think their goal is to popularize RMT in Diablo 3 more.

Remember more players use $ AH = more money for Blizzard.

So they are not only just providing platform of exchange to those players that want to trade, but as a company they need to 'lure' more % of Diablo players to use RMT.  That's what people are employed there for. To increase revenue and more ppl using $ RMAH = more revenue for Blizzard.

=================

I am against more RMT in games, so that's why I won't support them by buying game.