Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THe bigest downside

13»

Comments

• AsphyxerAsphyxer Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by stayontarget

The biggest downsides (at least for me and that is only from watching streams) is.

1.  Animations: Not very good at the moment,  needs more work.

2. Sound effects:  The gong's and klang's everytime you talk to an NPC is horrid.

3. Combat:  Uninspiring at the moment,  needs more work.

That's strange... It's sounds like the game is in some sort of beta stage. I wonder why those need work. HMMMM...

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I have no problem with tab target combat as long as its not slow and boring.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by Asphyxer

The biggest downsides (at least for me and that is only from watching streams) is.

2. Sound effects:  The gong's and klang's everytime you talk to an NPC is horrid.

That's strange... It's sounds like the game is in some sort of beta stage. I wonder why those need work. HMMMM...

Don't like honest opinions?  I'm just telling it like I see it, the question is will they change it.  Knowing how developers are is anyones guess.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by DrNo172000
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Seems to me that this game is using the same old typical MMO combat system, nothing like Tera or even GW2 or TSW.

I personally dont mind typical MMO combat when its done right like WoW or SWTOR.  However what the biggest downside to me is the typical Asian art direction.  I greatly dislike Anime, Manga or those vibrant colored scenery and the Character Avatars are usually hyper sexualized plus wearing Chain Mail Bikinis.  All that stuff puts me off and all the CBT vids ive seen has a very Asian Influence so no matter how good the game I wont play.

Hahaha, you are blind then. Most armors are very western medieval in nature... It's not really skimpy at all.

http://www.archeage.com/en/contents/gameinfos/race/1 

Do you see the shoulder pads, also look at the sword the chick is holding (which giant swords are useless in real life).  Those two look like soul caliber rejects.

http://historyshop.piratemerch.com/medieval-armor-c-12_16_36.html 

That is medieval european armor, plain, simple and functional.

But yes it is more western, but still with a distinct asian flair, such as stupid looking shoulder pads and giant swords.  Also why does every female armor have to be form fitting to her curves (not just this game but all of them), that's nonsense and again unrealistic.

You want all the asian game develpers to convert 100% to western flair?

Then I guess they should not publish Archeage to NA as it would irritate the all the westerners with their nonsense.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• AsphyxerAsphyxer Member Posts: 12

Don't like honest opinions?  I'm just telling it like I see it, the question is will they change it.  Knowing how developers are is anyones guess.

It's not an opinion, it's you yapping about things you have no idea about. Just sayin'.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

It's not an opinion, it's you yapping about things you have no idea about. Just sayin'.

How is his personal preference and thoughts on the animations and sounds in game through watching them something he does not have any idea about? It is an opinion, how can you say it is not?

I love Archeage, but he's still entitled to his opinion and I actually agree with him on some of it.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

I have no problem with tab target as long as there is strategy to it.  I've played a few of the mmo's that use action combat and so far they've been one trick ponies.  Once the combat gets boring there's nothing left to do.

And please tell me PvP in ArcheAge doesn't involve bunny hopping!?  It's one of my pet peeves.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

Would love a better combat system BUT I think the features in AA more than makes up for an average combat system. I am more excited to simply be in an actual game world for a change.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

Meh, i could do without GW2s hotbar system, restricting me to 10 with 5 being weapon choice i don't care for, but the game is so dang good anyways i already bought it haha. The combat side of GW2 is fun though, constantly moving, more actiony but not FPS crazy. I like the middleman GW2 picked and i would like to see some more games follow with a more actiony combat. But not full blown, thats why i play FPS, get to actiony and i'll drop sub and go play BF3 or GRFS.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

If I want action-combat, then I go play a shooter/FPS.

I don't care if it's tab-targeting or whatever in a MMO aslong as the game offers alot of MMO and RPG.

• ValkaernValkaern Member UncommonPosts: 497

The combat is pretty traditional looking, but, it also looks like it's pretty well done and varied judging by the videos and details available.

I think I've been looking forward to ArcheAge specifically because of what it has in common with 1st gen MMOs anyway, on top of everything else it offers, so I wasn't expecting anything new in the combat department anyway. It'll all come down to how tolerable traditional MMO combat is for me after GW2s fluid and active combat had an effect on me.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

While i played lineage 2, i had no problems at all with NCsoft west, except for the bots. Other then that i think they did a good job with the player events and customer service imo. I would perfer them over most other publishers out there such as SOE and EA....

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• wiseman00wiseman00 Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by tvalentine

While i played lineage 2, i had no problems at all with NCsoft west, except for the bots. Other then that i think they did a good job with the player events and customer service imo. I would perfer them over most other publishers out there such as SOE and EA....

I agree. It's really hard to trust some of the other guys.....Especially SOE....