Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free rise of the Godslayer key...

BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Funcom sent me an email that they were having anniversay sales. Old premium and free players got some free shite. . Although I only play AOC infrequently at this point I figure I'd log in and get the free stuff..... I don't have the new booster Savage Coast of  Turan...I thought I'd buy that for the hell of it...since I had 3000 Funcom points just sitting there gathering virtual dust. Well....my unattentive arse bought both the Savage Coast booster content and the Rise of the Godslayer Expansion combo.

So what?.....well...I already bought the expansion when it originally came out is what.

So.....I have a key for a free expansion ROTG which I'm pretty sure comes with 30days free premium access.

If your interested I have a fairly simple trivia question  for the one key.

Question: In the 1982 Film "Conan the Barbarian" with Arnold Swartzenegger..the Villain , Thulsa Doom, was excellently played by James Earl Jones. Although the motivation for Conans actions in the film ..in the written stories of Robert E Howard...who was Thulsa Doom's first Nemesis?

I will send the key to the first PM with the correct answer.

Comments

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

I dont want the key TY but was it Kull the Conq ?

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

Easy. Kull.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Kull was his nemesis.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Yeah...it was simple....and it was, in fact, Kull the Atlantean/Conqueror. You want the key Zolgar?

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428

can i have the key?

Originally posted by BarCrow

Yeah...it was simple....and it was, in fact, Kull the Atlantean/Conqueror. You want the key Zolgar?

Hell yeah, man! I just started playing AoC two days ago, so this would be awesome. Thanks!!! :D

EDIT: And now I have an urge to watch the Kevin Sorbo Kull movie. XD

Originally posted by Zolgar

Hell yeah, man! I just started playing AoC two days ago, so this would be awesome. Thanks!!! :D

Zolgar beat all to the answer..well the PM answer anyway since the post before him..although correct...did not want the key.

Enjoy Zolgar.

I actually liked the Sorbo film a bit. The newest Conan was meh. The original from 1982 was the best. Captured the feel of the books and Arnold was the perfect choice for Conan as well as James Earl Jones for Thulsa Doom.

Zolgar beat all to the answer..well the PM answer anyway since the post before him..although correct...did not want the key.

Enjoy Zolgar.

Key worked.

Thank you so much BarCrow. Very cool thing to do. It's much appreciated.

Enjoy Zolgar.

Key worked.

Thank you so much BarCrow. Very cool thing to do. It's much appreciated.

NP   : )

• WaldoCornWaldoCorn Member UncommonPosts: 235

Funcom sent me an email that they were having anniversay sales. Old premium and free players got some free shite. . Although I only play AOC infrequently at this point I figure I'd log in and get the free stuff..... I don't have the new booster Savage Coast of  Turan...I thought I'd buy that for the hell of it...since I had 3000 Funcom points just sitting there gathering virtual dust. Well....my unattentive arse bought both the Savage Coast booster content and the Rise of the Godslayer Expansion combo.

So what?.....well...I already bought the expansion when it originally came out is what.

So.....I have a key for a free expansion ROTG which I'm pretty sure comes with 30days free premium access.

Question: In the 1982 Film "Conan the Barbarian" with Arnold Swartzenegger..the Villain , Thulsa Doom, was excellently played by James Earl Jones. Although the motivation for Conans actions in the film ..in the written stories of Robert E Howard...who was Thulsa Doom's first Nemesis?

Wow thats a blast from the past. I had and read all of the Howard works, as edited by Carter and De'Camp, but lost everything in a divorce in 86.

Makes me want to start looking for those books again, good reads as I recall, those and the Horseclans series.

See the world and all within it.
    Live a lifetime in every minute.

Originally posted by WaldoCorn

Wow thats a blast from the past. I had and read all of the Howard works, as edited by Carter and De'Camp, but lost everything in a divorce in 86.

Makes me want to start looking for those books again, good reads as I recall, those and the Horseclans series.

Not sure if they are the same ones edited by Carter and De'Camp but there was a decent compilation in ..I think 3 volumes that I purchased off Amazon for a good price. I was longing to re-read them because I lost all my individual books in a fire. Those being the novels and all the issues of the Marvel Comics big-magazine sized "The Savage Sword of Conan" in black and white. I think they were all  illustrating actual stories from the books. So sad.

• AqueAque Member Posts: 118

Wow, that was awesome of you! I just wish I would have been here, I have not checked posts on the forums for the past 4 days. I was to busy playing AoC!