Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Few Questions

ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

This is what the AoC website says about guild cities (and crafting) (source):

"Delve into a deep and engrossing crafting system, allowing you to make everything from armor and weapons to an entire city! There are hundreds of unique quests built solely around crafting, and advancement through the crafting system comes from making things and completing quests, not surviving the grind. Guilds must work together to construct magnificent cities featuring anything from city walls to barracks and temples. Guild cities can also host fun events for all members, such as treasure hunts and insult contests!"

My questions are as follows:

1) Are these guild cities instanced?

2) Are there any GvG elements to these cities? 

3) Is the crafting system "deep" truly? I heard it was pretty meh, and that, if I recall correctly, it was said in a recent interview they were reworking it this year (also liked what I heard about that whole single server technology or whatever it is, sounds sort of like what EVE has going on).

4) How much PvE content is open to F2P players? I don't mind paying for  races/classes/cosmetics/etc here and there, but I want to make sure leveling can be done without needing to shell out large amounts of cash (excluding expansions).

5) How pricey is the cash shop? I just looked at token (or coins or whatever they're called) prices and they seem to be on par with what other F2P games charge.

Thanks,

-Z

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

Comments

• octaocta Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by Zolgar

1) Are these guild cities instanced?

Yes.  On a side note, so is most of the game.  Each guild city instance can house 3 cities I believe.  The instance number is assigned randomly when a guild chooses to create one.  The instance will have a number of resource nodes and mobs sprinkled through-out.

2) Are there any GvG elements to these cities? 

Yes, you can fight over resource nodes and destroy the other's buildings.  That's my experience from a PvP server btw - I'm not sure if it's the same on a PvE server.

3) Is the crafting system "deep" truly? I heard it was pretty meh, and that, if I recall correctly, it was said in a recent interview they were reworking it this year (also liked what I heard about that whole single server technology or whatever it is, sounds sort of like what EVE has going on).

There are varied requirements on the number of materials and the skills your character needs to build the buildings and equipment but I wouldn't call it deep.  It's a simple grind based mechanic and a percentage failure rate on creation attempts. 

4) How much PvE content is open to F2P players? I don't mind paying for  races/classes/cosmetics/etc here and there, but I want to make sure leveling can be done without needing to shell out large amounts of cash (excluding expansions).

No idea, someone else will have to answer.

5) How pricey is the cash shop? I just looked at token (or coins or whatever they're called) prices and they seem to be on par with what other F2P games charge.

No idea, someone else will have to answer.

Responses in green.

• rx0brx0b Member UncommonPosts: 6

3.) No It's not deep at all in the current state. Just your typical material/recipe MMO crafting system, but they will be doing a full revamp for the next adventure pack which will be inspired by SWG's crafting system.

4.) You have 4/12 classes open as F2P and you can level all the way to the cap without paying anything. There are no zone restrictions other than some low level dungeons, but they're giving away permanent passes to those for free during this 4th anniversary event. They are not essential and you'll probably outlevel them by the time you find a group, unless you are in a guild.

5.) The item shop is a ripoff at this point. All items you buy are character-only, not account wide, and seriously overpriced - like 20$ for a companion priestess who just stands around showing her boobs. Luckily by paying a sub you won't really need to use the item shop for anything since everything you get in the game is better. There are some neat vanity stuff if you have cash to spare but stat-wise it's nothing worthwhile.

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533
    Originally posted by nekopowa

3.) No It's not deep at all in the current state. Just your typical material/recipe MMO crafting system, but they will be doing a full revamp for the next adventure pack which will be inspired by SWG's crafting system.

4.) You have 4/12 classes open as F2P and you can level all the way to the cap without paying anything. There are no zone restrictions other than some low level dungeons, but they're giving away permanent passes to those for free during this 4th anniversary event. They are not essential and you'll probably outlevel them by the time you find a group, unless you are in a guild.

5.) The item shop is a ripoff at this point. All items you buy are character-only, not account wide, and seriously overpriced - like 20$ for a companion priestess who just stands around showing her boobs. Luckily by paying a sub you won't really need to use the item shop for anything since everything you get in the game is better. There are some neat vanity stuff if you have cash to spare but stat-wise it's nothing worthwhile.

Sounds like the crafting could be pretty cool then if they pull it off. Leveling to cap for free sounds pretty generous. That should keep me busy for a while. 

Downloaded the client overnight, so I'll be trying it out here shortly. 

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3