Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Valve has completely disapointed with the beta

dakotaaoc08dakotaaoc08 Member UncommonPosts: 77

after seeing so many fans getting scammed, all in the name of trying to get a beta key, and seeing so many others with over 10keys I am utterly disgusted by the way that this beta has been handled.

I am not even all that interested in DoTA 2, yes it would be kewl to try it before Diablo 3 but I have plenty of other games I can tinker around with until Tuesday, I just feel really bad for those with an actual interest in this game and not being able to get in.

Comments

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

The forums are riidculous, people are trading beta keys for multiple new steam games, im seeing threads like ill give max payne 3 fora beta key, etc etc its all so absurd that valve would even condone that on their own forums.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

Would you like a Key?

I can gift you a copy over steam if you'd like.

Personally I dont like DOTA 2, way too easy to snowball in it, and the destructible terrain makes it worthless to even lane.

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601

I know it wasn't directed at me, but I'd love a key. Played DOTA since it came out on and off until League of Legends, but I'm excited for DOTA :D

• dakotaaoc08dakotaaoc08 Member UncommonPosts: 77

I would use it if you gifted me one and I would appreciate it, but I am sure there are others more deserving than I.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/boondoc/home

• freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240

Dota 2 beta keys are extremely easy to get and although there are many people who get scammed.

If people are willing to wait it will be F2P for all players then we wont have this problem, but many people are not willing to wait.

• dakotaaoc08dakotaaoc08 Member UncommonPosts: 77

my problem is there are oodles of scams going on right on the official playdota sight and nothing is being done about it,  there are even people selling them for 2.50 each right there on the sight or at least they are advertising them for 2.50 each how can any developer that wants to create a quality game with a loyal fanbase allow this to happen to members trying to get into the beta to TEST there game for them.

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

if someone wouldn't mind gifting a key I would love to give it a try

please and thank you

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• AnzieAnzie Member Posts: 468

Originally posted by graggok

please and thank you

Give me your steam or email.

Originally posted by Spathotan
    The simplest way to put this, is like this. Buying a used/refurbished 360 is on the same plane as sharing a condom in a gangbang with strangers.
  • UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

Originally posted by Anzie

please and thank you

sent you a PM

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• AnzieAnzie Member Posts: 468

Originally posted by Anzie

please and thank you

sent you a PM

can only send it to steam if you're on my friend list and you're offline atm to accept friend request :P

Originally posted by Spathotan
    The simplest way to put this, is like this. Buying a used/refurbished 360 is on the same plane as sharing a condom in a gangbang with strangers.
  • Lonely_SoulLonely_Soul Member Posts: 1

I've been through alot of scams, I've tried to complete stupid surveys to download beta keys and nothing has worked...I've entered silliy contests trying to win a beta key when there are only 2 on offer. Its sooo frustratingg....Do you guys know where I can genuinely receieve a DOTA 2 Beta key? I really want to play with my friends..

• domnessdomness Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Lonely_Soul

I've been through alot of scams, I've tried to complete stupid surveys to download beta keys and nothing has worked...I've entered silliy contests trying to win a beta key when there are only 2 on offer. Its sooo frustratingg....Do you guys know where I can genuinely receieve a DOTA 2 Beta key? I really want to play with my friends..

I'd love to know the same, if by any chance anyone has a spare invite my steam account name is domness.

• infeeectinfeeect Member UncommonPosts: 7

hey if anyone has a spare dota 2 key/gift could you send to me been waiting for this game, would be very much appreciated - cannjmj3

• darkbamydarkbamy Member UncommonPosts: 111

Wow...are ppl really making that much effort to get this game?

to rub it even more in(trololololol) i didnt even knew i signed up and got into the beta...played for 5 min then deleted it, i mean its exactly the same as LoL just better graphics

• domnessdomness Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by darkbamy

Wow...are ppl really making that much effort to get this game?

to rub it even more in(trololololol) i didnt even knew i signed up and got into the beta...played for 5 min then deleted it, i mean its exactly the same as LoL just better graphics

Well I've been playing HoN for quite a while, just hoping to have DoTA and thus maybe better backing (S2 are pretty bad).

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

If you have steam, just register for the beta and youll get in o.O I registered a few days ago and Im in the beta now even if I totally trolled the survey thing.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• HellSingsHellSings Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Castillle

If you have steam, just register for the beta and youll get in o.O I registered a few days ago and Im in the beta now even if I totally trolled the survey thing.

False. Registering for beta doesn't guarantee you will get in, you were simply lucky.

Regardless, the best method is to look out for contests/give aways. This can be done on numerous websites and forums.

• mmofanaticmmofanatic Member UncommonPosts: 136

I must have been lucky because I signed up and ended up getting a key a few minutes later. Haven't done anything with the game though. After DOTA, HoN, and LoL I am just learning to avoid these rage infested games.

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

At most any given time there's around 6 "contests" or things like "post and hope the random number generator picks you" type of stuff going on.

The survey on the official page is something that worked for me long before anything else, and many others..

Hell, I waited forever before I got the "golden ticket" e-mail from steam telling me it was enabled,  then within 2 weeks after that I won 2 beta keys from all the contests I entered desperately wanting to get in.

But anyways, "trading" for keys instead of getting them a legit way is bound to have problems and scammers...what did you expect....?