Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking down the road

huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Well since the relase of the last patch. We were introduced to  a new class and some classses were re speced (mage and Scout image) And we were introdued to  a new expansion Rise of the Gods.  Now with the next installment coming out  on May 30  where Tenesses and Nezeeb become one  and questing is becoming less mundane.  What would you like to see in the future of Allods? more races? more classes? Insane endgame content?

Edgar F Greenwood

Comments

• AnzieAnzie Member Posts: 468

What I didn't like about this game was running half a mile per quests inside that big city you start at.

I would Definately try it again if there is some sort of mount at low lvl.

Originally posted by Spathotan
    The simplest way to put this, is like this. Buying a used/refurbished 360 is on the same plane as sharing a condom in a gangbang with strangers.
  • huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by Anzie

What I didn't like about this game was running half a mile per quests inside that big city you start at.

There was you missed out on the anniversery allods had where there giving away wolves. I have like 6 char and 5 of them have the wolf. My main got a sinister lion and wolf for free. Its all about logging on and keeping up with current events. If you come back you will see a HUGE difference in how this game is played.

Edgar F Greenwood

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

All I can say is read the Forums of which ever version you are playing and make up your own mind :) .  The EU was dealing with a Patronage 5 update which someone quoted as 300 euros (alledgedly :S) if it went ahead.  They had a poll and it was stopped.  Population is the other issue there at the moment.

As for the US version I cant say.

Originally posted by B1mble

All I can say is read the Forums of which ever version you are playing and make up your own mind :) .  The EU was dealing with a Patronage 5 update which someone quoted as 300 euros (alledgedly :S) if it went ahead.  They had a poll and it was stopped.  Population is the other issue there at the moment.

As for the US version I cant say.

Are the EU servers merging?  We had  a deal that involved the Level 5 patronage you could buy holy  boxes for 50 gpots. I think everybody who played Allods got the wolf as an aniversery gift. Me myslef i would like to see in the future easier ways to buy specs and some insane endgame content. The crafting like blacksmithing  revamped. Included woodworikng and cooking as a skill. And also add fishing to the mix.

Edgar F Greenwood

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

What for the furure? Good question!

With server merge becoming a reality soon, I guess I could only dream of runes becoming PvE only. If in PvP runes were taken out of the equation things would become much more interesting.

I'm sure the people that invested heavily in runes will disagree, and they might threaten to quit, but it's killing the PvP in this game. You'll still need the runes to get your gear, so they will still be needed, but runes are too much of a factor in PvP. They need to be toned down, preferably all the way. If they don't then GW2 will one-shot this game.

imageimage

For me personally, the only thing that will save this game at the moment is a large reduction in the pricing. 

Allods rep is that it cost more than a large mortgage to stay competitive at end game and if the alledged 300 euro price tag for the now abandoned pat 5 was true then new players aren't even going to download if that is all they have to look forward to.

My hope is that whoever is in charge of cash shop pricing decides to drop prices (a lot) and adds more items (TF2 = moar hats :P for example).  Runes are fine as long as everyone can afford them not just the rich so making them easier to get would be cool. 

As for server merges...meh.  I think it may be too late.  It is never a good sign when a game suddenly dumps a load of updates and free gifts on the remaining community in one go. 

• AllodsOnlineAllodsOnline Allods Online Community ManagerMember Posts: 19

There's much in store for the future of Allods Online.  The developers also create content very fast so we hope to continue a fast release for patches to our NA version.

Anzie, you made a comment about lots of running around Nezebgrad city for the Empire. I'll share someone one of our players said that made sense. With the auto move feature being implemented in Patch 3.0.2 coming May 30th, it allows players to move to locations where quests need to be completed with the click of a button. You mentioned it would be nice if there was a free way to obtain mounts but with auto move, it's kind of like a free mount in the sense that mounts improve the ease of traveling and the new auto move feature does just that.

B1mble, I'm really looking forward to the server merge and it'll be awesome to let players interact with others. In the past, you would have some people roll new characters on the other server just so they can interact with players they met on the forums. Merging our servers will bring the community closer together which is a good thing. The reason we gave out free mounts recently as an event was because it was a special event! Last month marked the two year anniversary for Allods Online so we gave players new mounts, and some Item Shop currency to spend. We also have done promotions like that in the past too  =)

I personally would like to see more content that encourages Astral PvP but such a request is being fulfilled with the upcoming patch. We're getting a full-on Astral PvP event and changes to the Astral that encourages players to manually fly around the Astral more without easily teleporting to Far Astral allods. This just increases players to cruise the Astral and it'll create more opportunities for enemy ships to encounter each other in the  Astral. It'll also be nice to have the Astral be introduced to lower level players somehow since the Astral is one of the highlights to Allods Online.

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

For me personally, the only thing that will save this game at the moment is a large reduction in the pricing. 

Allods rep is that it cost more than a large mortgage to stay competitive at end game and if the alledged 300 euro price tag for the now abandoned pat 5 was true then new players aren't even going to download if that is all they have to look forward to.

My hope is that whoever is in charge of cash shop pricing decides to drop prices (a lot) and adds more items (TF2 = moar hats :P for example).  Runes are fine as long as everyone can afford them not just the rich so making them easier to get would be cool. 

As for server merges...meh.  I think it may be too late.  It is never a good sign when a game suddenly dumps a load of updates and free gifts on the remaining community in one go. 

Yeah ive also had those concerns...recently have stopped logging in since..well if im going to pay that much for a game to keep up i might as well just stick to p2p games...wich i find cheaper in the long run and of higher quality.

Ive noticed that on the main site forum as well the issues with over pricing is always met with responses of more stuff and never addresses that issue as being the main cause of the game stagnation/slow death.

Doesnt matter how much content you toss in...people dont want to compete with players who spend $5000+ for raw damage and defense bonuses and are excluded from endgame material without having spent a large sum of money.

I see that here too, that issue is aways dodged by the game representative.  Seeing as how Gpotato is cleaning house and dropping games that have stale populations...i would be seriously nervous if i had invested more than $75 in this game...i would be fearful that it would shut down...one of the reasons i left...i wouldnt mind spending $100 a year but witht he publish dropping games with about the same population as this one...im not sure that my character would be there in a year.

Content is good and the russian developers are doing well with the game...its just their american publishers are far too greedy and will have been sole cause of death and the cause of the games current state.  I know some people expect americans to all be millionairs and wanting to throw crazy amounts of money around but this game is clearly proving that to be the very small minority...if they had only been reasonable this game would have been far more populair and they would have made far more money...thats the ironic thing.

Im off this game permanantly i think, back to p2p where this type of problem doesnt exist.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

Google FTW... Found quote of Allods EU GM (before famous Gipat patch), this message was deleted long time ago, but found quote from another Allods related topic:

We're not trying to get them to spend $15 per month for the next 10 months, we're trying to get that one hardcore player to say its worth spending $100 on a rune.
    Those are the players funding the game, not their $15 a month that they hand over covered in tears.

Originally posted by AllodsOnline

B1mble, I'm really looking forward to the server merge and it'll be awesome to let players interact with others. In the past, you would have some people roll new characters on the other server just so they can interact with players they met on the forums. Merging our servers will bring the community closer together which is a good thing.

Can anyone give an example of when a server merge was a good thing for a game? 

As far as I know from years of playing, is that once servers start shutting/merging, it means the population isn't there to support them and unless a miracle occurs as in the game reaches some kind of pop equilibrium, the game is on its way out. 

Call me sceptical, but that kind of event (server merge) coupled with a massive series of updates, along with freebies (for whatever reason), smacks of a desperate attempt to save a dying product.

I have been reading the forums since all this has taken place and all I can see now for Allods future (unfortunately) is a long painful drawn out end as the publishers try to bleed as much money out of those that are foolish enough to remain.

B1mble, I'm really looking forward to the server merge and it'll be awesome to let players interact with others. In the past, you would have some people roll new characters on the other server just so they can interact with players they met on the forums. Merging our servers will bring the community closer together which is a good thing.

As far as I know from years of playing, is that once servers start shutting/merging, it means the population isn't there to support them and unless a miracle occurs as in the game reaches some kind of pop equilibrium, the game is on its way out. 

Call me sceptical, but that kind of event (server merge) coupled with a massive series of updates, along with freebies (for whatever reason), smacks of a desperate attempt to save a dying product.

I have been reading the forums since all this has taken place and all I can see now for Allods future (unfortunately) is a long painful drawn out end as the publishers try to bleed as much money out of those that are foolish enough to remain.

Dont be so damn negative. Just cuz the servers merge doenst mean the game is on its way out. If i remember right FFXI shut down 16 servers and its been going for 10 years. It would be a good thing for the community. It would probably bring people back to the game. Dont forget people play this game in Russia where i hear its strong as ever. I would worry if they would pulll a rom and close down the NA Servers and put them on German ones.

Like i said this game is far from dying. They can do so much to this game

Edgar F Greenwood

Originally posted by huskerman34

Dont be so damn negative. Just cuz the servers merge doenst mean the game is on its way out. If i remember right FFXI shut down 16 servers and its been going for 10 years. It would be a good thing for the community. It would probably bring people back to the game. Dont forget people play this game in Russia where i hear its strong as ever. I would worry if they would pulll a rom and close down the NA Servers and put them on German ones.

A quote from you from the Dying Allods thread that  YOU started

"I hate to say this but ......Allods is dead. I dont see the upcoming patch to make any difference.  For a game that is so deep seems so shallow once you hit endgame. Same lame quests no real wiki  lucky moments that give you nothing that you really need when your a higher level.  And the  monautnus and hard to get astral runs you need to advance to level 47. 120 gems and the 135 gold you have to turn in for each gem. I think the whole problem with Gpotato there is  a lack of creativity to keep the players playing. When you do the same ol crap over and over again it gets really lame and people lose interest.  "

"True it seems this game would be better off with a new publisher.  Gpotato is awful . Sorry  Radio shack servers people cannont download of play the freaking game most of the time.  What pisses me off is that there other games dont have those problems. Its time for pink slips to be handed out in Gpotato. Gpotato listen to your very few players you have left and quit having these lame cc contest and fix this game.  And quit trying to delete the fb comments when someone spits the truth about this game. "

"Cash shop isnt the issue after the kirah patch.  Holy charms are free they gave us free incence and mount feed after completing a quest. being able to turn gpots into gemshards and sell them at the ah. The only thing i had with cash shops were the junk they were selling in the strongboxes. Now my biggest complaint is the shallow content , playing on a ghost server, and how Gpotato is handling the situation."

Tell you what, why dont you make up your own mind first about where YOU stand unless you enjoy showing vast amounts of hypocrisy when commenting on other peoples posts.

And yes they can do "so much to this game" but it doesnt mean they will.  Gpotato as you yourself stated are not running things well.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by altas
    Google FTW... Found quote of Allods EU GM (before famous Gipat patch), this message was deleted long time ago, but found quote from another Allods related topic:We're not trying to get them to spend $15 per month for the next 10 months, we're trying to get that one hardcore player to say its worth spending $100 on a rune.Those are the players funding the game, not their $15 a month that they hand over covered in tears.

Well, at least it was honest. Funny too, I guess. Mostly because I don't play the game though. I did play in beta, and I think the game would have been worth a sub fee. Not so sure about $15 a month, but $9 a month? Probably. It was an interesting game.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• comrademariocomrademario Member Posts: 98

Sever merge worked well for EU I think, population there is about three times what it was on my old Isa server, so give it a chance US guys.

Originally posted by huskerman34

A quote from you from the Dying Allods thread that  YOU started

"I hate to say this but ......Allods is dead. I dont see the upcoming patch to make any difference.  For a game that is so deep seems so shallow once you hit endgame. Same lame quests no real wiki  lucky moments that give you nothing that you really need when your a higher level.  And the  monautnus and hard to get astral runs you need to advance to level 47. 120 gems and the 135 gold you have to turn in for each gem. I think the whole problem with Gpotato there is  a lack of creativity to keep the players playing. When you do the same ol crap over and over again it gets really lame and people lose interest.  "

"True it seems this game would be better off with a new publisher.  Gpotato is awful . Sorry  Radio shack servers people cannont download of play the freaking game most of the time.  What pisses me off is that there other games dont have those problems. Its time for pink slips to be handed out in Gpotato. Gpotato listen to your very few players you have left and quit having these lame cc contest and fix this game.  And quit trying to delete the fb comments when someone spits the truth about this game. "

"Cash shop isnt the issue after the kirah patch.  Holy charms are free they gave us free incence and mount feed after completing a quest. being able to turn gpots into gemshards and sell them at the ah. The only thing i had with cash shops were the junk they were selling in the strongboxes. Now my biggest complaint is the shallow content , playing on a ghost server, and how Gpotato is handling the situation."

Tell you what, why dont you make up your own mind first about where YOU stand unless you enjoy showing vast amounts of hypocrisy when commenting on other peoples posts.

And yes they can do "so much to this game" but it doesnt mean they will.  Gpotato as you yourself stated are not running things well.

I guess you didnt read my other posts. So why dont you read them before you try to throw this in someones face. Yeah i did bitch cause at the time Allods wasnt going anywhere and doing those mundane stone runs was a waste of time. I did stop playing this game due to that. But since the patch and the level increase they fixed alot of things  but hey you dont have to play the game they will be other people who will so if you have a problem with Allods and the cash shop or whatever then play with yourself cuz you will save yourself alot of money. People say the stupidest things when they are pissed. 

Edgar F Greenwood

• lowradslowrads Member UncommonPosts: 200

Crafting could easily be a lot better. 

-Each lvl of crafted gear could have diverse stats like QM gear does instead of all the same. 

-Bounding kills the dissassembly profession.  Might as well just let them reprocess some kind of trinket loot for cloth and leather.

-Endgame crafting was removed, probably because few people saw much point to bothering with crafting.  Crafting skill isn't even involved in improvements in end game gear.

-There are fewer new players around, and the AH fees make it useless for dealing in green gear.