Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Summerfest world event and PokeRift on the pts!!

PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

100% of the credit goes to Slipmat for making such a awesome post

Grab your shorts and shades, slap on the factor 50, Summerfest is up for test on the PTS

This is the World Event for 1.9 and it certainly has a lot happening which will have you running around every zone on mainland Telara, date seems to be 27th June......

The quests for Summerfest have all been moved to a new area in Sanctum, remember that pic of all the Auctioneers and Drinks vendor gone? that's where it is, in the shape of a maze, which will definitely cause some people to nerd rage

(note how different Planetouched Wilds is starting to look in the background)

Too many quests and stuff to individually list, so here's how your quest tracker will look...

What are those Scavenger Hunts i hear you ask? these are puzzles for each zone which you'll either solve straight away or will have you running around like a headless chicken

As an example here's an easy one for Silverwood..

Without saying spoilers or where to find items, here's each quests description when you accept them...

Little Scavenger Hunt Part 1:

Freemarch: Find and kiss Jakub the Morose
Silverwood: Find and Give Hylas a hug
Stonefield: Find Troll Treasure
Gloamwood: Find the Tree of Wisdom
Scarlet Gorge: Jump through glowing rings along the falls (0/10)

Great Scavenger Hunt Part 1:

Scarwood Reach: Plant trees in Scarwood (0/5)
Moonshade: Swim with the fishes
Droughtlands: Seek out something underground that squirms and is near flames
Iron Pines Peak: Find the missing mountaineer
Shimmersand: Deliver ice cream
Stillmoor: Take a lap around Stillmoor

A vendor is up but seems to only have titles for now

Someone seems to have a corgi fetish

Finally.... Trapping seems to be up in a rough form on the PTS, trapped my first companion earlier

When you're near a trappable pet, you will see the name appear on your screen and a "temporary ability" net to use...

Simply get into melee range and 'use' the net, voila, the pet is now yours, best of all it does not despawn so no need to camp it if it was just caught by somebody else, yes you can catch it again and no, it's not BoE, it's soulbound

I've also come across a few names that appeared but no mob was there like Green Cobra and a few more so most likely not added yet

Comments

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Sounds good.  Too bad the timing sucks, for me.  I'll be knee deep in TSW at that time and won't be looking at Rift again for many many months if not longer depending on if GW2 comes out sometime between now and December.   Sorry, Trion, love Rift but it isn't on par with TSW or GW2.

• WarbsWarbs Member Posts: 245

Made a video of the summerfest here with some new information of a new weather change, thunder,lightning and rain appearing in Freemarch plus cast bars now showing on nameplates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFYDfFUBuhY

• malachremalachre Member CommonPosts: 4
    Originally posted by elocke

Sounds good.  Too bad the timing sucks, for me.  I'll be knee deep in TSW at that time and won't be looking at Rift again for many many months if not longer depending on if GW2 comes out sometime between now and December.   Sorry, Trion, love Rift but it isn't on par with TSW or GW2.

TSW and GW2 are the new flavors of the week. Just like tera and whatever else comes out. Rift is here to stay and grows with every patch. The fact that you are jumping between three very different mmorpgs shows the kind of flightiness that you guys have. I bet as soon as the next big thing comes out you'll be like "Sorry GW2 I'm out!". 

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by malachre

TSW and GW2 are the new flavors of the week. Just like tera and whatever else comes out. Rift is here to stay and grows with every patch. The fact that you are jumping between three very different mmorpgs shows the kind of flightiness that you guys have. I bet as soon as the next big thing comes out you'll be like "Sorry GW2 I'm out!". 

Why do you assume I don't have a handful of MMOs that I still currently play?  I currently play WoW, Lotro, AoC, EQ2 and Rift.  I've also gotten a chance to actually play GW2 and TSW.  It's not a flavor of the month, that would have been WAR, CO, STO and SWTOR.  As those games just suck.  Has nothing to do with being "flighty" it has to do with how content comes and what I've been waiting years for since FFXI and the early years of WoW.  That "magic".  Guess what?  GW2 and TSW have that "magic" for me.  I plan to add those 2 games to my handful of games.  BUT, my old standby's will suffer for quite awhile.  

Let's see.  It took about a year to 2 tops for me to get bored of WoW, at that point I unsubbed for awhile and went to Lotro.  Ate up all that content and lo and behold, yay WoW puts out Burning Crusade.  So I'm back in WoW for another year give or take.  Rinse repeat, moving to various other games that are good.  Then we hit the 2008 to 2012 years and yuck, most games that came out were like sparklers, they fizzled and sparked but very quickly died out leaving me wanting more.  Rift was the only gem in those years that truly had potential, sadly it was far too small of a game to keep me longer than 5 months at the beginning.  However, Trion's subsequent patches and awesome content delivery had me come back quite a few times.

Anyway, I think you either don't "get it" that people MMO hop and you are one of those who plays one MMO for 10 years.  But there are and there are a TON of us out there.  I'm personally more of a hop around and hop back again gamer, as I like to see how a game has grown over the years.  I'm more forgiving in that regard.  But whatever, assume away.

• GoodAfternoonGoodAfternoon Member UncommonPosts: 252

Why do you assume I don't have a handful of MMOs that I still currently play?  I currently play WoW, Lotro, AoC, EQ2 and Rift.  I've also gotten a chance to actually play GW2 and TSW.  

It's not normal?

Rift