Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone disappointed that Inferno has (apparently)been beaten?

13»

Comments

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by Uhwop

The first group of guys that were going for the world first, and were actually ahead of everyone, pulled out when Blizz hotfixed an "exploit".  One of the guys said they hadn't slept in like 4 days, and played the game non stop to try and get the world first completion in it.

It wasn't finished by a group of guys who played for a few hours a day.  They literally played nonstop, every day, with next to no sleep. 

I'm very dissapointed that that there are people in the world that think a game is so important that they would do that to themselves.

Why do people even care?

Why do people shoot for the worlds biggest funnel cake record? It's something to do. Human beings have to be silly every once in a while. The problem isn't that people do silly things. It's that other people take those silly things way too seriously. 

But that wasn't a "who cares" directed at the people doing it, it was a "who cares" directed at the people that might be upset that someone did it.  I actually married each of my characters in Rift on V day to be a part of the stupid world record.  I do understand that people do dumb things just to say they did it.  I've had enough broken bones and concussions to attest to that.

People should save thier dissapointment for things that really matter, not this.  It's trivial.  The only people that could reasonably say they're dissapointed are the ones that were in the race for world first themselves, and they're not going to be disspointed that it was beat, but that it wasn't beat by them.

And seriously, anyone that thought the game would get beat on the hardest difficulty within the first week, without using any exploits, was kidding themselves.

• rikarus92rikarus92 Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by Yamota

Blizzard has always been about catering to casual gamers so it is no surprise that hardcore gamers will easily beat their games. Number one reason why I dont buy Blizzard games, they are too easy.

You do realize this post has nothing to do with the difficulty of the game, right? I'm sure Dark Souls was beaten on the hardest difficulty in a few days by the hardcore players, as were MHP3rd and the Ninja Gaiden games. So therefore every game that is beatable within a month is "too easy" for you? Damn, you must be hardcore as shit.

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

I'm disappointed because I was hoping the game would require a month or two of grinding, for the most dedicated players, to get the gear required to beat Diablo at inferno.  Sure they likely skipped lots of packs to do it, but that's another flaw with the system.  I've done the same thing in hell as I want to progress as far as I can and then when I get stuck I'll start grinding gear/gold and resists.  If they wanted people to kill all of the elite packs, they could have locked the exit to the next level until they died.  They probably should have done that rather than worry about the nephalim valor thing.

In the end it doesn't impact my enjoyment, but I was hoping for a really well tested and impossible inferno level for a while.

It was beat after days on end without sleeping.  Imagine if it took them a month or more with that same level of dedication, how it would translate to the rest of us. Plus, they didn't do it without using some exploit that no one picked up on.

It still boils down to hours invested.  Either blizzard would have had to make the game have more content then any game ever released, or they would have had to make the game so hard, that it simply boild down to blizzard killing the players repeatedly just to slow them down. 

BTW, guiness book of world records has the fastest D2 completion at 4 hrs 22 min.  While I can't find the fasted time on the hardest difficulty, I'm pretty sure that it didn't take anyone a month.

Also, Blizz said it would take about a month WITHOUT cheesing it.  Not even the best QA department in the world is better then some hardcore gamers.  A game could be tested for 5 years straight, and some player with nothing better to do will find something they can use to exploit.  No software is perfect.

Originally posted by rikarus92
    Originally posted by Yamota

Blizzard has always been about catering to casual gamers so it is no surprise that hardcore gamers will easily beat their games. Number one reason why I dont buy Blizzard games, they are too easy.

You do realize this post has nothing to do with the difficulty of the game, right? I'm sure Dark Souls was beaten on the hardest difficulty in a few days by the hardcore players, as were MHP3rd and the Ninja Gaiden games. So therefore every game that is beatable within a month is "too easy" for you? Damn, you must be hardcore as shit.

It was, and the same people that beat it are trying to do the same thing in D2.  They were also banned from Dark souls for cheating.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    Apparently two wizards beat inferno Diablo on solo.  If Blizzard does confirm that Inferno was beaten this weekend I expect a nerf incoming for at least wizards and their damage mitigation.  They weren't expecting inferno to be beaten for months and likely assumed players would need to farm the necessary gear over that time.  I know one of the wizards used an exploit, since patched, to get lots of rares.

I think it's kind of a bummer that the content was beaten so quickly.  Based on the offical forums, I don't expect barbs to do it any time soon though.

why would they. they already have your money.

Its not an mmmorpg, its not subjected to nerfs and buffs.

Really? Oooh I can't wait for the wailing and gnashing of teeth once PVP gets rolled out in this game. Blizzrd's already said they won't do any balancing with it so let's see how well that goes with the fan base once they see what its like to live with.

So far, to me D3 has most of the disadvantages of an MMO and few if any of the benefits of one. Still, should make the forums an entertaining read though.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "