Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sorrow’s Furnace to Launch September 7th

exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301
ArenaNet Releases their Guild Wars Update: Sorrow’s Furnace to Launch September 7th

New Explorable Areas Available Free to All Guild Wars Players

Bellevue, Wa. (August 29, 2005) - ArenaNet®, creators of the #1 selling competitive online roleplaying game, Guild Wars®, announces the release of the much-anticipated Guild Wars update: Sorrow’s Furnace. To be released on September 7, 2005, the update will be available free to all Guild Wars account holders and will stream to them live at game log-in.

Sorrow's Furnace offers two large, explorable regions: Grenth's Footprint and Sorrow's Furnace. These regions will provide exciting new high-level content to Guild Wars players, and will offer new quests, new monsters, new items, and more. For characters who have completed their ascension in Guild Wars, these areas will provide new opportunities for exploration and reward.

Guild Wars is a competitive online roleplaying game that rewards player skill more than time played. Players explore a rich fantasy game world, acquire skills, build personalized characters and compete in head-to-head guild battles with players from around the world.

http://www.guildwars.com/press/pr10-29-08-05.html

Comments

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

yes iv been looking foward to this scince i heard of it :)

• BasireBasire Member Posts: 4

Hey, does anyone know if they will be uping the level cap in this update?

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    What i want to know is where you will have to be to access these places... does anyone know that? How you get there, where you go to get there, that sort of thing? From what I gather it will be like FoW and UW but it wouldn't be at the ToA would it?

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

no one knows yet , people are guessing they will say in the day of release

i eard some people saying might be near droknars forge

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    It'd be hot of GW if they fixed the ever out of control Snake Dance and all the other areas to get from the Pass to Forge and maybe put a outpost in and around there for a ToA like place. They should either fix that place that you can only have a runner to get you there or make so you can get to forge from the pass. That's my opinion.

new area will be for ascended people only ..

about the lomars pass , they made it on porpuse to be possible to run , but it is also possible to kill all mobs , with a 6 lvl 20 good guild ...

i think its cool to be in the desert at level 15 for exemple , but being at forge at level 5 or 10 is just dumb , IMO

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Basire

Will never happen check the faq on official site.

i found ridiculus people wanting a bigger number , whats the point ? level 20 or 200 is the same ... just a number ... you want to fell godly to the noobs , go play anarchy online or something ....

Originally posted by JelloB2000
    Originally posted by Basire

Will never happen check the faq on official site.

in the faq on guild wars i don't see anything about them say if they are or ar not going to rise th4 cap limit on level, where did you find this info?

• emdtemdt Member Posts: 325

just trust, GW is never raise the cap. stop wihning about it, toguhen.

its not about the rpg. its true, the rpg lacks, but who cares. the pvp rocks

i believe sorrow furance will be available after asendcenions

---------------------------------------------
    *characters*
    Guild Wars
    -Danish Kokor-lvl 20 monk/mesmer
    -Ettarde Aoi- lvl 7 warrior/ranher
    Maple Story
    -Danish-lvl30 Hunter
    -kokore-lvl8 Mage
    Runescape
    -Lady Ettarde-lvl 58

Originally posted by emdt
    just trust, GW is never raise the cap. stop wihning about it, toguhen.
    its not about the rpg. its true, the rpg lacks, but who cares. the pvp rocks

i believe sorrow furance will be available after asendcenions

Dude calm down, I am not whining i was just wornding if there were and i did not see that info on the faq like he said it was there. you people need to chill, i mean i just ask a simple question and i get told to basically shut up.

• AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927
    Sorrows furnace is gonna be somewhere in the southern shiverpeaks. No the level cap wont be raised.

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

sorrows furnace starts at 7 PM New York Time , that means 7 am for me ( hongkong time zone )

• swiftanswiftan Member Posts: 29

I feel heart break to see theres more economy changes in this update... HA!

• ikraikra Member Posts: 339

nope there isnt.. and whola the update has arrived.

man the updates are great... for a no monthly fee game this is amazing.

i~ku~ra