Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Total Biscuit plays Planetside 2 kills Smedley !!! (Night Ops)

Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6HgC6Exs0U&list=UUy1Ms_5qBTawC-k7PVjHXKQ&index=1&feature=plpp_video

14:06 Smedley kill starts : )

BTW This game looks epic !!! This is gonna be MMO FPS of the future and will set standard for other online shooters.

( yea i know thread with this video exists but its name doesnt give attention to this video it deserves )

Comments

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

It looks very interesting, but I want to see more gameplay footage.

Give me more!

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Dirty new conglomerate smurfy little bastard.

• D_TOXD_TOX Member UncommonPosts: 269

Looks like its shaping up to be something great. Cannot wait, PS1 was my first MMO, looks like PS2 will be my last! :D

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

I still just don't see how this is an mmo...looks like every other fps with much larger maps.  I mean...you can't create your own cities and defend them as if it were your clan's, etc, correct?

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Originally posted by afhn2110

I still just don't see how this is an mmo...looks like every other fps with much larger maps.  I mean...you can't create your own cities and defend them as if it were your clan's, etc, correct?

Yeah, that is my only concern.  Is there any PVE at all? Or is it just a sci fi BF3 that takes place in one huge map.  It would still be awesome, though.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott

Is there any PVE at all? Or is it just a sci fi BF3 that takes place in one huge map. 

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/09/08/beta-and-bucks-john-smedley-discusses-planetside-2s-future/

PlanetSide 2 is aiming to be bigger and better than the original, with battlefields holding up to 2,000 players at the same time, a flexible skill system that allows players to fine-tune their troops and engage in crafting, and a struggle to control territory between three factions. Interestingly enough, Smedley said that the factions might not always be at each other's throats; the PlanetSide 2 team has plans to launch PvE world events such as alien invasions where all players will put aside their differences to combat a shared threat.

Planetside 2 info from last summers fanfaire

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/07/08/soe-fan-faire-2011-planetside-panel-and-interview-with-creative/

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott

Is there any PVE at all? Or is it just a sci fi BF3 that takes place in one huge map. 

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/09/08/beta-and-bucks-john-smedley-discusses-planetside-2s-future/

PlanetSide 2 is aiming to be bigger and better than the original, with battlefields holding up to 2,000 players at the same time, a flexible skill system that allows players to fine-tune their troops and engage in crafting, and a struggle to control territory between three factions. Interestingly enough, Smedley said that the factions might not always be at each other's throats; the PlanetSide 2 team has plans to launch PvE world events such as alien invasions where all players will put aside their differences to combat a shared threat.

Planetside 2 info from last summers fanfaire

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/07/08/soe-fan-faire-2011-planetside-panel-and-interview-with-creative/

Sweet, thank you very much for the links.  Very informative!

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

It IS a MMO, you dont have to have PVE to be a MMO

It ISN'T BF3 with bigger maps, because A) BF3 is a bloody awful console style FPS and B) The world is fully PERSISTENT, its not a timed match.

Also looking really good, already has two things over WvW for me, no wow kiddie friendly 2 week reset and know thy enemy.

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620
    Originally posted by afhn2110

If you don't know what makes Planetside an MMO and not like Battlefield/CoD you don't know much about the game.  Persistent world, no instances / 16v16 maps / etc.  All the fighting takes place in one world (well, for your server at least).  Once your faction captures a base, you own it until one of the other factions takes it back.  There are no "you win" or "you lose" screens where a new game starts afterwards.  Think DAOC realm vs realm except that is the entire game and it has FPS style combat.

In short, Planetside 1 was / Planetside 2 will be more massive than just about any other MMO out there.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

planetside 1 was / still is the only game to successfully copy what made DAOC pvp magic.

basicly they looked at things like unreal tournament, they looked at daoc and thought what happens if we merge thoose 2 games.  It was massively ahead of its time (and crappy internet connections of that time)

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

Looks great!

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

Looks great, I cant wait to get my hands on this one.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

To everyone asking about PVE. Go watch some videos of planetside 1. Then decide if you are interested or not. The game won't have PVE. It's 100% online PVP/FPS.